Go Back   Cosplay.com > Fashion > EGL

Unread 10-24-2013, 05:08 PM   #1
Akahana Hime
Proud OC Cosplayer

Lolita Tea Party at a Convention

Hello lovely ladies and Gentlemen!
I am of the Events Staff at Anime Banzai a convention in Utah. I have been asked to host and plan the Lolita Tea Party. I have never been to, nor hosted a tea party let alone one for Lolita. So I am wondering what are some ideas for:
Games
Prizes
and decorations
The con colors are Purple and green I was thinking Pastel purple and mint green napkins
At the event there will be a Lolita Fashion show
We will have a dress code of:
Ladies: Lolita is encourage but not required sunday best is okay (I.e knee length skirt and a top that covers the chest, back and shoulders)
Gentlemen: EGA is encouraged but not required sunday best is okay (i.e. a suit and tie)
NO Blue jeans, T shirts, or sneakers or anything informal will allowed.
thanks for the help
Aka

Unread 10-24-2013, 09:57 PM   #2
solstis
Cat-dragon , Cosplayer

I went to my first Lolita Tea party over the summer and it was great :3
We played the " Price is Right " all of us were shown a picture of some Lolita item (many were Brand, from varying years ) Dresses, hair pieces, and such. and then we all wrote down what we thought the original price was. (wild guesses were allowed)

The person who guessed the closest I think it was within $20 or something won! We had a relatively small group so we sometimes had two winners something you might want to keep in mind. the prises were cute stationary packs. Random stickers and cute paper.

I'm thinking the hotel will be proving white table clothes for your event anyway, but purple and mint napkins would be cute. perhaps someone would want to make small flower arrangements with purple and green flowers/ ribbon

In your case since you are events staff anyway; you might want to reach out to your Fashion Show coordinators and artists alley attendees. Theres always at least one Lolita table at a Con. They may either want to help or provide prises or have ideas .

my last suggestion is go to youtube search for Lolita Tea party, i know I have seen at least 2 videos of other tea parties on there.
... And to answer that question "Yes I live here and have nothing better to do "
Next Convention: Otakon

Thursday Peach Maki
Friday AM -Noibat PM- Some vocaloid >_<;
Saturday AM Luna (Sailor moon) Human PM - Neko ninja ?
SATURDAY August 9th is international Casual Lolita Day!
Sunday Casual Lolita

postponed WIP
Makoto - Street Fighter
Felicia - darkstalkers yes I want to try again
solstis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2013, 02:01 PM   #3
PoodleBoy

Although Im not from the Utah area, I travel there frequently to visit friends and family and will most likely be there for this event! I dress in sweet Lolita fashion often and have for a couple of years now. However, I am a guy! Is it okay - as far as your dress code concerns - to crossdress as long as we stick with the Lolita style?
Unread 10-26-2013, 08:37 PM   #4
Akahana Hime
Proud OC Cosplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoodleBoy View Post
Although Im not from the Utah area, I travel there frequently to visit friends and family and will most likely be there for this event! I dress in sweet Lolita fashion often and have for a couple of years now. However, I am a guy! Is it okay - as far as your dress code concerns - to crossdress as long as we stick with the Lolita style?
Of course that will be allowed! Its like the formal really in dress code (As in how males can be females and vice versa if they follow that gender's dress code)
Unread 10-27-2013, 03:44 PM   #5
PoodleBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akahana Hime View Post
Of course that will be allowed! Its like the formal really in dress code (As in how males can be females and vice versa if they follow that gender's dress code)
Yay! Hope to see you there!
Unread 11-20-2013, 06:35 PM   #6
Akahana Hime
Proud OC Cosplayer

This is going to be my outfit for the Lolita Tea Party.

Last edited by Akahana Hime : 11-22-2013 at 07:31 PM. Reason: new pictur
Akahana Hime is offline   Reply With Quote