Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Sewing/Fabric Craft

Unread 04-19-2012, 12:02 AM   #1
Navia-Viridis

Pink and blue wide striped fabric help?

Its pretty simple, but hard to find ready-made...

I got the pattern for the dress today, but I didn't get the fabric.
I'm guessing my best bet is to just buy a few yards of pink and blue fabric, then cut strips and sew it together? I don't want to spend like...$16 a yard to have it custom made. Honestly, I don't mind sewing the stripes together into one giant piece of fabric, but if anyone knows ready-made fabric that would work...I'll gladly take your advice!

Unread 04-19-2012, 12:34 PM   #2
Jia Jem
replicant
Rock Star Admin

Cutting and sewing your own won't take that long, and will be as accurate as you can get. Actually, I bet it will take less time to sew your own than to continue looking for the perfect fabric. :B
Unread 04-19-2012, 01:08 PM   #3
Mehdia
The Corset Queen

I agree with Jia Jem. I did that with the two different fabrics to make the stocking parts for my Stocking costume. Once I decided how wide I wanted each piece, I cut them and then just serged them together. It took me a few hours start to finish to get it done.
Mehdia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2012, 04:50 PM   #4
Navia-Viridis

Ah okay, thank you very much you guys!
Unread 10-08-2013, 12:32 AM   #5
CustomClothing

If you don't find the wide stripe fabric of your choice, you can get it customized or can be made at order.. I think you should try at Kochartex.. There might you may find that fabric..

wide stripe fabric
CustomClothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2013, 07:30 AM   #6
7trainrat

I don't think it will be that hard to make the fabric yourself. It would be quicker to see panels together and then cut the pieces for the sleeves, etc. instead of sewing the panels separately for each piece of the top.
7trainrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2013, 04:15 AM   #7
SeriousMelAM

Going with the cutting and sewing stripes method will likely be the fastest and cheapest way of achieving the look you want.

May I also suggest that you line the whole dress, as it will make it more comfortable to wear since you will have a smoother surface against your skin. It will also make the insides of the sleeves look neater assuming you go with the wide throated sleeves in the picture you posted.
SeriousMelAM is offline   Reply With Quote