Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Anime LA

View Poll Results: What should the gathering be?
Day 1 at 1:20 PM 2 40.00%
Day 1 at 3:20 PM 3 60.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 09-13-2013, 11:05 PM   #1
TishaAlbarn

Pokemon 2014 Gathering

I'm surprised no one has created a thread for this before me. Anyway, will anyone be cosplaying as character or gijinka version of a Pokemom from the series? I plan on being Iris in her Champion outfit from Black 2/White 2 and maybe possibly Serena from Pokemon X/Y.

I would love to meet up with other cosplayers from the series and take lots of pictures!

*The gathering is set to take place on Day 1 at 1:20 PM (around an hour) for now at the Pool Deck. However, I will made a poll for people to vote for it to be then or at 3:20 PM instead (less than an hour 20 to 40 minutes). Please vote before December 7th (date where the gatherings are submitted)

Here is the link to the event on Facebook to join: https://m.facebook.com/events/149255...00 1262499117

Last edited by TishaAlbarn : 11-25-2013 at 06:53 PM.
TishaAlbarn is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-19-2013, 01:49 AM   #2
xokatel
SasuNaruSasu is LOVE

Hey awesome. I adore Champion Iris/Iris in general is so boss (One of my favorite pokemon characters)! and Serena's character design looks great as well. I'll most likely being going as Shooti/Trip from the Pokemon Black and White series :-)

Do you want me to make a Facebook group page for this gathering? I can invite my friends too through that and make sure more people know about this gathering.

Last edited by xokatel : 09-29-2013 at 10:27 PM.
xokatel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2013, 01:25 AM   #3
VersusTheKyuubi
Rockabilly Dork Of Today

I was really excited to see this thread, cause I plan on being gijinka Jolteon, And then I saw the dates, and realized, woah, I'm a newbie at this, there's no way I'd get my cosplay ready in time and have money for tickets, and my heart dropped Dx .. But you have my full moral support, ;~;, I'll have it ready for AX though;-;... I mean.. maybe I'd be able to do it >o<!
VersusTheKyuubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2013, 09:18 PM   #4
TishaAlbarn

Quote:
Originally Posted by xokatel View Post
Hey awesome. I adore Champion Iris/Iris in general is so boss (One of my favorite pokemon characters)! and Serena's character design looks great as well. I'll most likely being going as Shooti/Trip from the Pokemon Black and White series :-)

Do you want me to make a Facebook group page for this gathering? I can invite my friends too through that and make sure more people know about this gathering.
Thanks and that would be awesome, please do!
Unread 09-30-2013, 09:21 PM   #5
TishaAlbarn

Quote:
Originally Posted by VersusTheKyuubi View Post
I was really excited to see this thread, cause I plan on being gijinka Jolteon, And then I saw the dates, and realized, woah, I'm a newbie at this, there's no way I'd get my cosplay ready in time and have money for tickets, and my heart dropped Dx .. But you have my full moral support, ;~;, I'll have it ready for AX though;-;... I mean.. maybe I'd be able to do it >o<!
Aww, I love Jolteon and that would be great! That's too bad, but yeah AX will be fun and even bigger next year with Pokemon cosplay because of XY and if I cosplay as Iris at ALA, I will most definitely be her at AX and attend the annual Pokemon gathering there as well. Also, I LOVE your profile picture! Scott Pilgrim <3
Unread 10-01-2013, 02:47 AM   #6
shadowdragon13
Dont mess with the Dragon

I think my brother and I will be attending as Tate and Liza from the 3rd gen games.
Liza (Pokemon R/S/E) - 100%

2014 Cons: Anime California, Comikaze (maybe), Bent Con (maybe), Nuke the Fridge con.
shadowdragon13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2013, 08:18 PM   #7
moonymonster

Sounds great ^^ IF you need any help I ran the gathering last year. I just have been pretty busy XD I'll be....somebody. Haven't decided what yet. What day are you doing this on? Last time I held it on Saturday, but we could do a poll for people. (I don't usually start the threads until about now anyway because most of the cosplayers don't start planning till now.) And there should really be a Facebook event page for this. A lot more cosplayers network on Facebook than here. I can handle that part if you like; I know A LOT of Pokemon cosplayers.
Unread 10-01-2013, 09:22 PM   #8
xokatel
SasuNaruSasu is LOVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonymonster View Post
Sounds great ^^ IF you need any help I ran the gathering last year. I just have been pretty busy XD I'll be....somebody. Haven't decided what yet. What day are you doing this on? Last time I held it on Saturday, but we could do a poll for people. (I don't usually start the threads until about now anyway because most of the cosplayers don't start planning till now.) And there should really be a Facebook event page for this. A lot more cosplayers network on Facebook than here. I can handle that part if you like; I know A LOT of Pokemon cosplayers.
Yup Hey Marissa, I started a Facebook page here and I agree you can get a lot of people to come for the gatherings through there. Feel free to invite people. I set it for the 10th, (1st day of the convention but will change it when we get a Time/Date closer to the con). https://www.facebook.com/events/1492...ontext=create#
Unread 10-03-2013, 01:24 AM   #9
Ryoko-and-Yami
SO inappropriate!

I may be coming, but not sure as what yet.

Need a wig styled? Ask me! http://www.cosplay.com/marketplace/s...?product=48369

Currently selling a variety of wigs, costumes, anime, and manga! Check it out! http://www.cosplay.com/marketplace/s...0/ppuser/50381
Ryoko-and-Yami is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2013, 03:41 AM   #10
TishaAlbarn

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonymonster View Post
I love to have someone help me with the gathering as this is my first time hosting/organizing one! And yes the 10th (first day of the convention would be perfect). I'm not sure about the time, we all need to decide on that.
Unread 10-03-2013, 03:44 AM   #11
TishaAlbarn

Quote:
Originally Posted by xokatel View Post
Yup Hey Marissa, I started a Facebook page here and I agree you can get a lot of people to come for the gatherings through there. Feel free to invite people. I set it for the 10th, (1st day of the convention but will change it when we get a Time/Date closer to the con). https://www.facebook.com/events/1492...ontext=create#
Thank you so much for creating the event on Facebook, this is really helpful and the 10th is a great day to set it on. I finally joined and posted on there. I been busy with studying for school lately, that's why I been slow to reply. We should make a poll and see what time would be best everyone.
Unread 10-03-2013, 03:45 AM   #12
TishaAlbarn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryoko-and-Yami View Post
I may be coming, but not sure as what yet.
Alright and we would be glad to have you.
Unread 10-05-2013, 05:47 PM   #13
xokatel
SasuNaruSasu is LOVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by TishaAlbarn View Post
Thank you so much for creating the event on Facebook, this is really helpful and the 10th is a great day to set it on. I finally joined and posted on there. I been busy with studying for school lately, that's why I been slow to reply. We should make a poll and see what time would be best everyone.
Ah not a problem I'm very excited for this to happen. We should make a poll. And I understand college is keeping me pretty busy too, so many exams and assignments.
Unread 10-30-2013, 02:03 AM   #14
SecretCosplayer
KuroShi-Tan Cosplay

I don't know if I'll be able to make this, but if I can, I'll be an Ambipom gijinka. This will be my first time at ALA.

Future Cosplays
Fem!Canada/Canako - Hetalia , Anjo Naruko "Anaru" - AnoHana , Kyoko Sayaka - PMMM

Convention List:
Sac-Anime Summer 2013, ALA 2014, Fanime 2014, AX 2014 (pending), Sac-Anime Summer 2014 (pending)

Do you live in California? Ever wanted to be an Idol? You can be!
Join SBA0048 today!
SecretCosplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2013, 01:31 PM   #15
TishaAlbarn

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretCosplayer View Post
I don't know if I'll be able to make this, but if I can, I'll be an Ambipom gijinka. This will be my first time at ALA.
Aww, hopefully you will be able to attend and that's awesome if do go as Ambipom!