Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Other Reviews

Unread 11-03-2013, 03:29 PM   #1
Angelic_Sabyne
SuperGal in Training!

Glamatronic Review

I'm really sorry to have to make this kind of review, but it needs to be done.

A couple months back, I was in a bit of a bind. I needed eyeshadow for my makeup for my costume for PMX, but couldn't find good sources for vivid yellows and dark browns. Eventually, I found them on Glamatronic's Storenvy page, and bookmarked them for future purchase. In the interim, I found the yellow I needed, so I decided to try Glamatronic for a dark brown, as mine had been misplaced and I worried I couldn't find it in time for PMX. So I picked out the dark brown I felt worked best, and purchased it via PayPal the evening of 9/26.

Now, her Etsy store stated that most orders were completed and shipped within 2 - 10 business days, so I waited patiently to hear from her about the eyeshadow. When I hadn't heard a peep by business day 6, I sent her a message via Storenvy asking for a status update. (I started counting from 9/27, since I had purchased the evening of 9/26 after business hours.) When I did not receive a reply to that message within a week, I messaged her store on Facebook asking the same question, reiterating I had a deadline I needed it by, and asking for an update. Two days later, I sent her an e-mail with the same information, telling her I had tried reaching her via Storenvy and Facebook with no reply, and asking for the status. I woke up the next morning (10/16) to see a Facebook response from her. In it, she told me that Storenvy had not shown her my order; however, my payment and invoice were showing via PayPal. She assured me she would send it out that day, and it could arrive as early as the early part of the following week. I said that was fine, and proceeded to wait.

Needless to say, I never received the item. I even allowed extra time to account for any postal delays. Complicating matters, there was no tracking number provided (she said she only provides them if they are requested), so I have no proof it was even shipped. So this past Wednesday, I sent her an e-mail. In it, I told her I had not received the eyeshadow, and offered her a chance to resolve things before I turned to PayPal. I asked she do one of three things:

1) Ship (or re-ship, if the item was lost) the item to me with a tracking number,
2) Offer a full refund
3) Offer a credit toward a different item in the shop.

I told her that failure to respond would leave me no choice but to dispute via PayPal. I asked her not to let it come to that, that I didn't want to have to file a dispute. Having no reply whatsoever since Wednesday, I proceeded with the dispute today. I reiterated my options for her, so we'll see where this goes.

Although this has a slim chance of changing, Glamatronic is NOT recommended by me for makeup. I understand people get busy -and I know she has been reformulating her makeups recently- but that does NOT excuse the lack of communication and my non-receipt of my item. I'm thankful I found my dark browns, and that they will work for PMX. So unless things change, avoid avoid AVOID.

Facebook
Tumblr
Storenvy Shop

Upcoming 2014 Conventions

Anime Los Angeles
Anime Conji (?)
Fanime
Anime California (?)
Pacific Media Expo

'If at first you don't succeed, pull out the stitches, realign your fabric pieces, and sew it again.'
Angelic_Sabyne is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-15-2013, 06:01 PM   #2
Angelic_Sabyne
SuperGal in Training!

An update on this review:

While I was at PMX (and staying with my boyfriend) I kept tabs on my e-mail and PayPal accounts to see if I received any response from the shop owner. I never received an e-mail reply, and when I checked the mail today there was no eyeshadow. Since it's been nearly 2 weeks since I filed the dispute, I went ahead and escalated it to a claim.

I also checked out her Etsy shop before it vanished (I want to hope it's her pulling it down to shift over to Storenvy, as she had stated in her Etsy shop's 'About' page. However, it feels rather suspicious). In reading her shop reviews, I noticed a recent string of about 4-5 1 or 2 star reviews, stating their items had taken forever to arrive (1 month+) with one person even saying she had contacted the owner, and was told she (the owner) only does 5 orders per day. The owner also responded to one review that cited filing a PayPal dispute with a very defensive response, stating how busy she was and how the customer hadn't allowed time for her to respond, never mind how many days prior to the e-mail being sent and the dispute being filed had passed.

ETA (So I don't have a zillion posts telling this story):

So I heard back from the shop owner today. She apologized for not getting back to me sooner, apparently she has had health issues. She showed me a screencap that shows she did ship the eyeshadow back in October, and told me she would offer a refund if it didn't show up or she couldn't locate it. I offered to have her apply any 'refund' toward a different color -especially with ALA coming up- so we will see.

Facebook
Tumblr
Storenvy Shop

Anime Los Angeles
Anime Conji (?)
Fanime
Anime California (?)
Pacific Media Expo

'If at first you don't succeed, pull out the stitches, realign your fabric pieces, and sew it again.'

Last edited by Angelic_Sabyne : 11-18-2013 at 08:19 PM.
Unread 11-20-2013, 04:43 PM   #3
Angelic_Sabyne
SuperGal in Training!

Hark! A Happy ending!

So it turned out the package had been misplaced by USPS, and it arrived today. She also gave me advice on a color for my next costume, and promised a shipping upgrade for all the troubles. I've gone ahead and cancelled the claim, and I'm going to give her a second chance. I think this was just awful luck on her end, so I hope it works better next time.

Facebook
Tumblr
Storenvy Shop

Anime Los Angeles
Anime Conji (?)
Fanime
Anime California (?)
Pacific Media Expo