Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Fitness

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 38 votes, 4.97 average.
Unread 08-22-2013, 11:19 PM   #1936
Brittania

This summer I couldn't afford a gym membership so when it was too hot to run outside or raining I would do this exercise video here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3zAG4zvVpc

I really like it and feel like I've gotten a good work out from it afterwards.

So a breakdown of what I do...
For running I'd say on average I run 3-4 times a week and their 5km runs. I'll start heading back to the gym when it gets cold since winter in Ontario sucks and my student fees will finally cover it once the new semester starts yay! I vary my cardio routine at the gym by either doing 5k on the treadmill or 35 min on the elliptical on the random hill setting. Some days I'll do the bike or half bike and half elliptical...depends on what I'm feeling :P.

Then after cardio I do about 15-20ish minutes of ab exercises and using the machines for arms and legs. The ab exercises include 1.5-2 min planks (1-3 sets...usually 2 tbh), different leg lift and cross leg things, the boat rowing thing (okay I really fail at names here) which I usually hold a 5lb weight thing for just to add an extra bit of resistance for my arms, and that side to side thing where you sit on your butt, hold your legs up and twist your body from side to side.

If you don't know that many exercises a thing that I've done is pay attention to what other people are doing at the gym and try to mix it into my own routine. It's always fun to switch up your routine a bit to keep it interesting.

As for weight loss lately I haven't been stickin to my diet as much lately but overall since starting to work out and eat better starting at the end of May I didn't notice a dramatic drop in weight and I'm okay with that. My body is much more toned though, my clothing that fit tight from bad eating during the school year fits properly now, and I have a flat stomach. I don't own a scale so I have no idea on the numbers and that's not really important to me anyways. I feel good though and genuinely enjoy exercising...like I'll feel crappy if I go to many days without it. For those of you starting or starting again it's rough at the beginning but ease into it and don't push yourself too hard. Most importantly find a way to make it fun for you

I recommend if there are any fitness free-for-alls at your local gyms to sign up for some free classes and get a feel for what you like.
Love cosplay? checkout interviews with cosplayers featured on ComicsandCosplay.com and get the latest news, rumors, reviews and galleries relating to Comic Books, Graphic Novels, Cosplay, Movies and related geekery.
Want to be featured on the site? You can submit your cosplay pics at comicsandcospay.com/submit-your-cosplay-pics
Brittania is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-08-2013, 10:38 AM   #1937
Slapthefatcat
The man with the guns.

Went swimming for 30 minutes yesterday. About to go walk my dog for about a half hour now. Possibly another workout later.
Zoro - One Piece (Eventually)
Ippo - Hajime no Ippo (Eventually)
Hody - One Piece (Eventually)
Free - Soul Eater (Otakon 2013, Completed)
Goku - Dragon Ball Z (Otakon 2014, Completed)

My Facebook cosplay group - Southern Maryland Cosplay (Anyone can join)
Slapthefatcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2013, 02:20 PM   #1938
Cephas
ICXC NIKA

Yesterday's experiment of working out in costume.

http://youtu.be/gWBplcYrsjc

Summary:

Single rep back squats @ 275lbs (failed third rep)
Front squats 2x5 @ 135lbs
Front squats 1x3 @ 155lbs
Tire flips
Cephas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2013, 09:53 PM   #1939
Throatriptron
Tsundere

30 minutes of interval cardio before work, and I'll be doing roughly 30min of strength training after work. Gotta start lifting weights!
Throatriptron is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2014, 08:48 PM   #1940
Chibi_Miyuki

Yesterday ran 2 miles, biked 3.5 miles and dd stairs for 0.5 miles. About to go to the gym again shortly.
Chibi_Miyuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2014, 09:57 PM   #1941
Bovice

Hurray biking
Bovice is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2014, 10:35 PM   #1942
Danteisagenius
One. Crazy. Bat.

30 minute walk with 2.5-5lb weights

5 min Jumping Jack Warm-up

8 lb Kettlebell Woodchops (10-15 each side)
8 lb (16 lb total) Walking Lunges with Sholder press combo (45 sec- 60 sec)
10-15 Laying abductions (each side, some with resistance)
10-15 Laying Knee In Abduction Things (each side, some with resistance)
10-15 Abduction Circles (each side)
One legged plank (30 seconds on each side)
15- 20 Elbow to Hip (Each side)
Swim Things (Alternate 20-40)
10-20 8 lb Chest Press (16 lb total)
10-20 8 lb Hammer Curls (16 lb Total)
10 Tricep Dips
15 Knee-to-Elbow Spiderman Plank (Each side)
"Kickaways" (30-60 sec.)
15-20 "Inverse Situps"
15-20 "Toe Touches"
*REPEAT all of the above twice more (except warm-up and walking!)
Caramelldansen with Ebony and Ivory!!! =P

Cooldown/ stretches
**I do something like this three times a week, cardio twice a week and "fun exercises" on the remaining days...I just never get around to posting it!

- sincerely, the Opportunist.

2014 Projects (Clickable):
-Yoichi Hiruma Genderbend (Eyeshield 21)
-Vergil Genderbend (Devil May Cry 3)

__________________________________________________ _____________
My Webpages:

Facebook (Where I actually update my photos...)
World Cosplay
CosCure
Danteisagenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2014, 11:34 AM   #1943
LilacEyes

Well, I'd be be doing my 60 minutes of cardio on the stationary bike, but it seems that right as I got up, my boyfriend was already prepped to start his workout. He usually does 100 minute workouts, so since I have to leave for work for my shift at 3 pm, I'll just have to put it off until tomorrow. So far, I've completed two out of the far days I use the stationary bike a week; all is well.

For breakfast: Nothing except half of a Popsicle that I decided to put off finishing before bed./30cals/
Lunch: Half OR a whole chicken breast sandwich (honey oat wheat bread) with half a slice or whole piece of cheese and some mustard. Might also have some wheat thins with it./410cals/
Snack: Yogurt and handful of spicy Chex mix /200cals/
Dinner: Marinated single pork chop with Velveeta macaroni and broccoli /700cals/

I might have a popsicle before work or after dinner, and so, just throw another 60 calories in the loop :-)
LilacEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2014, 07:19 PM   #1944
Danteisagenius
One. Crazy. Bat.

60 minute walk for Cardio, and boy was that a cold one!!

- sincerely, the Opportunist.

2014 Projects (Clickable):
-Yoichi Hiruma Genderbend (Eyeshield 21)
-Vergil Genderbend (Devil May Cry 3)

__________________________________________________ _____________
My Webpages:

Facebook (Where I actually update my photos...)
World Cosplay
CosCure
Danteisagenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2014, 08:58 PM   #1945
axemnas

This reminds me I need to get back to using myfitnesspal I always fall behind on my log.
The most I did today was travel across campus in my tabi boots. (The thin soles build up your feet's muscles, provide enough support to feel like your barefoot though things like twisting your ankle is difficult and protects your feet from sharp objects.)

Though generally my workout routine is a combination of running/walking, sometimes P90X, sometimes swimming, among other things and most of the time the Sabretooth workout. http://youtu.be/LaytCn25U_A

In the future I'm hoping to get back to kayaking, biking if I can find a partner that can ride tandem, swimming, running.
I'm planning to get into Rowing since I'm planning to join SCAD's rowing team when I get down to Savannah. I also hope to get into doing capiera. I really love the fighting style and I like the fact I can get some flexibility back I haven't had since I got back problems in high school. Skating(both roller and on ice) I'm saving up for some landrollers. Then there's a few other things I want to do.

░████░░████░
░█░░█░░█░░█░ Put This
░████░░████░ On Your Signature
░█░█░░░█░░░░ If You Role-play
░█░░█░░█░░░░
axemnas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2014, 12:41 AM   #1946
Chibi_Miyuki

Ran 2 miles and then did a mile on the elliptical.
Chibi_Miyuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2014, 08:09 PM   #1947
Bovice

I've talked about my Fossil Park obstacle course a number of times and everyone always asks me what it is, so I made a video of it today.

Ignore my friend/the camera-man lol he was just having fun

And the jogging itself is shaky because he jogged behind me; but the stations should all come in clear.

I generally run this for two laps with all obstacles and a bonus lap with only one obstacle (it's mainly for the jogging, but I can't resist doing muscle ups till failure on one of the pull up bars)

HD recommended
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZFa4tjNtBs

For those who aren't going to watch a 12 minute video, the hardest stations for me are the monkey bars (3:18)

and the log jumps (10:50)
Bovice is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2014, 03:30 PM   #1948
HomeDepot

I'm going to try to get back into posting again after a looooong hiatus. My workout frequency has dropped from 5 days a week to 2-3, which I'm not cool with so I'm going to post here again to give myself some accountability.

Sunday:
Cereal a cup of coffee with milk
Sandwich with turkey a slice of cheese, greens, and a tablespoon of salad dressing on wheat bread, pretzels
spaghetti (probably two cups of cooked whole wheat pasta, six meatballs, marinara sauce) salad with two teaspoons of ceasar dressing ( I am not a salad eater by nature, but I need more raw veggies so I'm bribing myself with fattier dressing)
a cup of hot chocolate

Push ups: 12 reps regular nose to ground, 7 "yoga" push ups, 12 nose to ground, 12 wide armed, 12 nose to ground, sit ups: 3x15 regular 2x15 regular plus obliques, 2x12 tricep dips, 2x12 hamstring raises, 2x12 bicep curls (dictionary inside my briefcase. lol), 2x12 supermans, 2x12 calf raises, 2x15 shoulder shrugs, 2x20 jump squats with a 20 second hold after each set.

Yesterday:
Monday is my busiest day so it will probably always be a rest day

Two pieces of whole wheat toast with butter and jam, a cup of coffee with milk
Sandwich with turkey a slice of cheese, greens, and a tablespoon of salad dressing on wheat bread
a large cup of coffee
a bottle of orange juice
three pieces of pizza, carrots

Today's update to follow
HomeDepot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2014, 11:41 PM   #1949
HomeDepot

Food:
Two pieces of toast with butter and jam (this is what I eat when I run out of cereal and haven't gone shopping) two cups of coffee
two fried eggs, a piece of whole wheat toast, a piece of cheese bread, carrots
a cup of juice
a meatball sandwich, salad, fries
two glasses of while 4 pieces of dark chocolate

Exercise:
Ran 3.15 miles. did not keep track of speed, but I'm a little slow for me right now, so probably 10 min mile pace with stops at a couple traffic lights.
Unread 01-15-2014, 11:27 PM   #1950
HomeDepot

Daaaah, this is why it's good that I'm doing this again. So I have to sit and think about what I've done. lol

Food:
A scone two cups of coffee with milk
two pieces of pizza, carrots
a piece of chocolate, two sticks of pocky
a roll of spicy tuna sushi, two pieces of crab rangoon, a fried dumpling, hoisin beef and broccoli, white rice

Exercise:
3x12 nose to ground push ups, 7 yoga push ups, 9 wide armed push ups, 3x15 sit ups 2x15 sit ups with twist, 2x12 hamstring extensions, 2x20 body weight squats