Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Seeking Cosplayers

Unread 07-17-2013, 04:06 PM   #1
xXKylerXx

Any cosplayers in Tennessee?

Just wondering if I could meet some awesome cosplayers I live in Athens and cosplay as Naruto so far. I am going to Anime Blast Chattanooga as well. Hope to meet some of you guys! ^~^
xXKylerXx is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-17-2013, 04:27 PM   #2
Mehdia
The Corset Queen

I always seem to be on the wrong side of Tennessee. I'm in Memphis, whereas most of the ones I see posting are in Middle or East Tennessee. There's a good number of TN cosplayers, but sometimes it's like pulling teeth to find them.
Mehdia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2013, 08:27 PM   #3
xXKylerXx

Unfortunately. v.v
Unread 07-18-2013, 04:56 AM   #4
JumpingFox

Im moving to Tennessee at the end of the year, Im a photographer but ill probably pick up cosplaying once I am able to settle in and work on the costumes. Ill be in the Clarksville area
JumpingFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2013, 04:57 AM   #5
Unaki

Not in Tennessee but I do live an hour away from Nashville.
Unaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2013, 05:56 AM   #6
xXKylerXx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unaki View Post
Not in Tennessee but I do live an hour away from Nashville.
Awe that's cool. Who do you cosplay as? ^^
Unread 11-11-2013, 11:25 PM   #7
smashleyward
Part-Time Villainess

I live in Chattanooga! I thought I was all alone!
smashleyward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2013, 08:47 AM   #8
MelodyK

I just realised that I'm about 15 minutes north of the KY/TN border. 2 hours out from Nashville.

Also, Unaki, you're in Bowling Green?! I was looking for Bowling Green people in the KY thread... I'm an hour out. I make up reasons to go to Bowling Green every week or two because your libraries have one of the best anime/manga selections I've seen since I moved down here.

Past cosplays: Death (Sandman), fem!Sam Winchester (Supernatural), Eleventh Doctor (Doctor Who), genderbent!Haruhi (MOHS)
In-progress cosplays: Ouran High School Host Club, school!Rukia (Bleach), Castiel (Supernatural)
Cosplay dreams: Takuto (Fullmoon wo Sagashite), Break (Pandora Hearts)
MelodyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2013, 05:05 PM   #9
Unaki

Oh really now? That is quite interesting. I personally never go to the libraries because I kind of forget to return things. I also tend to get out very little...Yay shut-ins!
Unread 11-13-2013, 05:59 PM   #10
MelodyK

... I forget to return things too but I'd rather spend money on cosplay than fines so I make it a point to return them these days. XD

But yeah. You have to look in the YA Paperback section for the manga and YA Hardbacks for the comics, mostly. There is some mixed in, I understand, with the adult fiction as well (Sandman, Watchman, other obviously adult comics). Anime is mixed in with the DVDs - I found FMA & FMA Brotherhood and Fruits Basket in with the Family DVDs and I saw they had Ghost in the Shell in the Drama section. I haven't given it a really in depth look.

So it's a mess to browse but if you know what you want you can hit up the computer system and look it up.

So I'd suggest it's worth venturing out of your home and braving the weather for. XD

Past cosplays: Death (Sandman), fem!Sam Winchester (Supernatural), Eleventh Doctor (Doctor Who), genderbent!Haruhi (MOHS)
In-progress cosplays: Ouran High School Host Club, school!Rukia (Bleach), Castiel (Supernatural)
Unread 11-13-2013, 06:00 PM   #11
MelodyK

Also - the Bob Kirby branch feels like it has more than the main branch. I only got a quick glance though because I showed up there after being at the main branch only about 20 minutes before close. (Comes of mostly only getting to town on Sunday afternoons)

Unread 11-13-2013, 06:57 PM   #12
Unaki

My problem with using libraries for manga and even anime is that they either have incomplete sets or are very outdated. At that point I would just buy manga from B&N. I myself tend to stray away from anything that isn't new and really only tend to watch simulcasted anime as it airs in Japan (Currently watching Kill la Kill, Infinite Stratos 2 and Log Horizon). As for manga I don't really read it anymore. The last series I read was Soul Eater and that just finished a few months ago. Before that was Monster Hunter.
Unread 11-14-2013, 04:12 PM   #13
ChocoboxDreamer
Master Derper

I live in Nashville. I'd love to meet some new cosplay friends in the area.
Tutankhamun - Eiyuu Senki (0% complete)

The Untold Stories of a Dreamer
Ethereal Whisper Photography
ChocoboxDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2013, 06:57 PM   #14
MelodyK

Ah, that makes sense, Unaki. I like browsing for new titles (even if they are older) as I didn't grow up on manga/anime.

Point on the incomplete sets thing. I still don't know why my library in the last place I lived in had scattered volumes of Fullmetal Alchemist. Bowling Green seems to be very good about this - if a volume is missing it's either checked out or just at the other branch.

Unread 11-14-2013, 07:01 PM   #15
MelodyK

Between this and other threads I've seen for TN I think we'd have enough people for a Nashville cosplay meetup of some nature sometime. (Probably after Christmas?) Anybody have any ideas? I've never arranged anything of that sort before.