Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Metal Gear

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 303 votes, 4.93 average.
Unread 10-16-2013, 06:43 PM   #7966
Petchymon

The MSF Sneaking Suit looks great! Like the way you did the gold rings!

Could I make a suggestion? Purchase elbow and knee pads and wear them under the suit. Will give off the elbow and knee look that the suit originally has.

Other wise great job! Come to think of it. You've just got yourself a cosplay for 2 Metal Gear games. All you have to do is remove the bandana. XD
Petchymon is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-16-2013, 06:51 PM   #7967
Petchymon

EXsoldierSNAKE: My friend made it for me as he is good with making stuff like this that can be attached to the human body. As for what he used to make them, I am not sure... I will ask him for you and get back to you with the answer. :3
Unread 10-18-2013, 01:12 AM   #7968
jukebox
role models > supermodels

Can I just say what a great job everyone's been doing on the Big Boss/Naked Snake/Punished Snake/dudejustpickacodenameandstickwithit cosplays? You gentlemen all look awesome!

I feel like contributing, so here's a teaser shot of my EVA. Please excuse the crap quality of my webcam and also the fact that I don't have any makeup on. D:

I originally did this costume about 2 years ago, and at that time I was in this phase of soaking a lot of information and a lot of my learning process for costuming involved trial and error. Now that my eye for design has improved, I wanted to revisit this costume because MGS holds so much sentimental value for me and it is my favourite game series, even if I do admittedly suck at playing them. Compared to the first time I wore this costume, I have a way better wig, more accurate accessories, and I tailored my coveralls and bikini to fit me better.

Some fun trivia about the costume while I'm having word vomit: my coveralls are actually Canadian military from 1982, according to some labels that were inside of it. I found it in a vintage store in Toronto.

I'm wearing it out to a Halloween party next weekend. Some friends of mine have been talking about going out of town to a provincial park to do photos in the woods, so hopefully that pans out and I'll get more photos soon.

PROFILES
GEEKPR0N | Twitter | deviantArt
jukebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2013, 10:06 PM   #7969
stricky345

Here is a picture of my costume I put together this year. Not having proper beard-growth sucks.

http://i.imgur.com/Q7SIXqX.jpg
stricky345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2013, 10:09 PM   #7970
stricky345

Why is it deleting my posts? Tried to post up a picture of my costume for Halloween

Now it seems to work.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg snake2.jpg (90.8 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by stricky345 : 10-31-2013 at 10:12 PM.
stricky345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2013, 10:38 PM   #7971
jukebox
role models > supermodels

Looks great stricky!

I got to wear EVA out to a Halloween party with my boyfriend as Big Boss and it was pretty rad, I managed to find one photo where we don't look like ass:

I'm still working on finding a broomhandle gun, though. The airsofts of Mauser c96s aren't even legal in Canada, something to do with the rate of fire I think. When I have time I'm going to buy a Han Solo blaster and reverse-engineer it.

also, my boyfriend ended up on David Hayter's Twitter. Just saying: https://twitter.com/DavidBHayter/sta...88882440630272

PROFILES
GEEKPR0N | Twitter | deviantArt
jukebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2013, 02:26 PM   #7972
Petchymon

For all those planning to cosplay Punished Snake. The official concept art by Yoji Shinkawa has been put up online.

Hope this help everyone.

Unread 11-08-2013, 09:38 PM   #7973
eBay Sniper
Sanguini Draculae

For the most parts, outside some colors on the gear and uniform, its mostly unchanged for the trailers.

I hope it doesn't change much for the game, maybe except getting the rights to use IRL weapons, so we aren't running around trying to make make guns.

2014 cons: Whatever happens down in Pensacola or where ever life takes me!

Deviant Art - http://scarlet-impaler.deviantart.com/
Facebook - www.facebook.com/marluxia.tepes
eBay Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2013, 01:03 AM   #7974
ChevyM14

I really think they are going to use real guns. Mgs has been one of if not the most accurate games ever when it come to getting the guns right. I don't think this game will be any different.
ChevyM14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2013, 01:36 AM   #7975
eBay Sniper
Sanguini Draculae

Hopefully so, but they have started to show signs going against that with Peace Walker (look at the Hungarian AKs).

Unread 11-16-2013, 09:36 AM   #7976
RoninEclipse2G
Hope rides ALONE!

Metal Gear has been using accurate weapons since the ORIGINAL. True there have been a few here and there that have had a bit of a spin on them, but they've always been based on a real weapon that you could modify to get it to what was shown in the game (Well, minus the rail guns and stuff like that)
RoninEclipse2G is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2013, 03:27 AM   #7977
eBay Sniper
Sanguini Draculae

It has, but the trailers and other interviews with Konami and such for Phantom Pain all show weapons that don't exist in real life. Trust me on this, I know my weapons (being in the military does have its perks, you know, lol).

Unread 12-24-2013, 04:12 PM   #7978
~H~
Original H

Happy Holidays everyone!

It has been awhile since I've posted on this thread (I think since I did my Eva costume @_@).

@stricky: Great Halloween costume!!! You pull-off Snake really well.

@jukebox: Very pretty Eva! It's awesome that your boyfriend cosplays with you ^_^.

I just got some good photos of my Sweet Otacon costume, and have started to upload them to my Cosplay.com gallery: http://www.cosplay.com/costume/468810/

I debuted this costume in 2011, and am thrilled to finally get some photos of it!
~H~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-24-2013, 11:48 PM   #7979
Soldat

A lot of the weapons shown so far are odd in one way or another.
http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Metal_Gear...e_Phantom_Pain
http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Metal_Gear..._Ground_Zeroes
Soldat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2014, 11:51 AM   #7980
mackle89

Hello all! First post! Wish I discovered this site/thread a lot sooner! I am actually starting a Punished Snake build and I was hoping someone could give me advice about what to do for the spie harness. What is everyone using, or how are they making them? I know real ones are quite spendy.
mackle89 is offline   Reply With Quote