Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Costume-Con

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 12 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 11-17-2013, 12:47 PM   #1
trixyloupwolf
A LONELY kitty

Quesions ask here???/ Questionnement demandez ici???

yep iam making this so if anyone need answer don't be shy and ask here
we love to answer all questions
it may look like a secret convention stuff
but just ask hehe we will happelly reply
is any info missing for you ???
just ask here
friendly
trixy

ps: i cannot wait to see you all there.

n hesites pas a poser toute vos question ici ^^
soyez pas gene' on adore repondre a toute vos questions
sa dlair d une convention avec plein de secret mais ne vous fiez pas au apparence hehe!!!
nimportequoi qui vous manque demandez le ici
jespere pouvoir repondre a plusieurs de vos questions

amitie
trixy

ps: j ai hate de vous voir tous ^^

were no one is...there i should hide and awaite.....
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c2...1_edited-2.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c2...600x120-v4.jpg
trixyloupwolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-12-2014, 12:26 AM   #2
jukebox
role models > supermodels

ooh, ooh! I have a question!!

I need to register and I plan on doing so under the student rate because I'm at university right now. Do I just bring my student i.d. with me when I pick up my registration/badge at the con?

PROFILES
GEEKPR0N | Twitter | deviantArt
jukebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2014, 06:35 PM   #3
Sarcasm-hime
bead addict

Yes, that's exactly right. Anybody who registered under the student discount must show student ID when checking in at the con.

The International Costuming Convention is coming to Toronto Canada!
4 Days! 4 Masquerades! Dealers, Tours, Parties, Costuming Panels and Classes, Cosplay, Props, Doll Show & Competitions, Steampunk, Sci-fi, Fantasy, and so much more!

www.costumecon32.com

the den of sarcasm - my website
Magpie Creations - jewellery and wa-loli accessories
Sarcasm-hime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2014, 06:06 PM   #4
capnmckay

Having never been to Costume-Con before. (Or many others outside of anime north) I am curious what the vendors are like. I am a huge costuming fan and would like to know what to expect. Mostly so I can save accordingly, and not use up all of my money in one go. Alternatively, I know that the con will be having classes/educational panels, and sometimes at anime north there are similar, should I expect the same thing? (As in material fee, which is reasonable.)

Hoping to have a lot of fun, and getting super nervous~

Last edited by capnmckay : 01-22-2014 at 06:12 PM. Reason: Spelling mistake.
capnmckay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2014, 11:15 AM   #5
Kat Murz
Last Manitoban Pirate

I was wondering if there was anymore advice on the documentation process for historical. Any past examples or etc? I've never been to CC before so I'm attempting to understand all it entails, but feeling a little overwhelmed since it's such a new concept to me. Any additional information or advice from veterans I'd love get to help turn me back around.

(for example I found a blog entry from a past year where the person said including all the swatches and images their documentation was full indexed and 76 pages which is what inspired this question, because I did not expect documenting to be anything as huge as that *___* is this the normal?)
~ Ai-kon
~ Otakuthon
~ Central Canadian Comic Con

Check me out for tutorials, con reviews and more at:: Nomadic-Goldfish Cosplay on Facebook
Kat Murz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2014, 03:59 PM   #6
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

A total n00b question, but how common are casual hall cosplays like MLP gijinkas or non-original-design cosplays like you'd typically see at anime cons? I'm debating taking one, but if nobody is actually wearing casual hall cosplays, I'll feel insanely weird. And on that vein, how common is subculture fashion that ISN'T steampunk? Because that's my backup if I leave everything but my elaborate costumes at home.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Help me get rid of my parasprite swarm! --> http://tinyurl.com/brcp53c
ShinobiXikyu is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2014, 07:22 PM   #7
Kaijugal
☆FibreFantasyArtist

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinobiXikyu View Post
A total n00b question, but how common are casual hall cosplays like MLP gijinkas or non-original-design cosplays like you'd typically see at anime cons? I'm debating taking one, but if nobody is actually wearing casual hall cosplays, I'll feel insanely weird. And on that vein, how common is subculture fashion that ISN'T steampunk? Because that's my backup if I leave everything but my elaborate costumes at home.

It's amazingly common for people wear all sorts of costumes for hall cosplays, original design, media recreations, simple, complex, and I have seen gijinkas and all different sorts of cosplays as hall costumes at Costume-Con's, (Totoros, Iczers, Haku hoodies, Sailor Moons, etc, etc.) Yes totally wear them!

P.S. Addition: People also wear fun fashions, crazy hats, or just bits of costume for fun. There is no pressure, all are welcome!

4 Days! 4 Masquerades! Dealers, Tours, Parties, Costuming Panels, Contests, Classes and Events. Costumes, Cosplay, Props, Doll Show & Competitons, Steampunk, Sci-fi, Fantasy, Big Fricken Trophies and so much more!
Get your membership today!
www.costumecon32.com

Last edited by Kaijugal : 01-25-2014 at 07:23 PM. Reason: addtion
Kaijugal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2014, 07:51 PM   #8
Kaijugal
☆FibreFantasyArtist

Historical Documentation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat Murz View Post
I was wondering if there was anymore advice on the documentation process for historical. Any past examples or etc? I've never been to CC before so I'm attempting to understand all it entails, but feeling a little overwhelmed since it's such a new concept to me. Any additional information or advice from veterans I'd love get to help turn me back around.

(for example I found a blog entry from a past year where the person said including all the swatches and images their documentation was full indexed and 76 pages which is what inspired this question, because I did not expect documenting to be anything as huge as that *___* is this the normal?)

No everyone does their documentation differently. Some do it to match their costumes, some do it like a school paper, some hand in simple explainations of why they built their costumes that way with reference photos. Some are serious, some not so much.

76 pages seems overly excessive. Some CC's have a page limit, probably for exactly that reason.

I will try to get you some more answers, examples, and point some people with more Historical Masquerade experience to this thread to help.

Here is an example from a Virtual Costumers newsletter, about an entry from the CC 28 masquerade. http://www.siwcostumers.org/newslett...-blackfoot.pdf

Here is an example from CC31: http://sosteadyasshesews.blogspot.ca...1_archive.html

Link about Documentation from Dramatic Thread: http://www.dramaticthreads.com/2013/...mentation.html

Example Documentation from CC22 entry: http://www.koshka-the-cat.com/green_gold.html

Example from CC30: http://twilatee.blogspot.ca/2012/10/...s-dress-1.html

I hope this helps. Hopefully Sarcasm-Hime will chime in here, as she compiled the documentation for our CC30 Historical entry.

4 Days! 4 Masquerades! Dealers, Tours, Parties, Costuming Panels, Contests, Classes and Events. Costumes, Cosplay, Props, Doll Show & Competitons, Steampunk, Sci-fi, Fantasy, Big Fricken Trophies and so much more!
Get your membership today!
www.costumecon32.com
Kaijugal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2014, 07:59 PM   #9
Kat Murz
Last Manitoban Pirate

Yes! This helps make things a much clearer then they were, and the links defiantly will help as well. Thank you so much for the answer (and fast reply)!
~ Ai-kon
~ Otakuthon
~ Central Canadian Comic Con

Check me out for tutorials, con reviews and more at:: Nomadic-Goldfish Cosplay on Facebook
Kat Murz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2014, 03:16 PM   #10
may55
Just another penguin

Just got the email about the Costume Con Progress Report and I was wondering about these Badge Ribbons. What are they and how would one go about making them? Also is there specific ones we can't make? I found nothing on the site about them, so I didn't even know they existed.

Cosplays for the Year:
(Fallout 3) Vault Dwellers (Regular and Pin up edition) (20%)
Masquerade Ballgown (60%)

PENGUINS! Enough said.
may55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2014, 06:12 PM   #11
Sarcasm-hime
bead addict

Badge ribbons are just for fun, and as seen in the photo they stick onto the bottom of your badge. People like to collect them to see how long of a string of ribbons you can make

If you want to give out ribbons, you can order your own from the site linked in the report: http://www.pcnametag.com/badge-ribbo...izontal-custom

Make sure to get the ones with the adhesive on top so they can be easily stacked. There is no rule about what can't be on the ribbon, other than no obscenities or anything else offensive of course.

4 Days! 4 Masquerades! Dealers, Tours, Parties, Costuming Panels and Classes, Cosplay, Props, Doll Show & Competitions, Steampunk, Sci-fi, Fantasy, and so much more!

www.costumecon32.com

Unread 02-06-2014, 09:24 AM   #12
may55
Just another penguin

Wonderful. That clears a lot of things up. Thanks!

I have one other question, this time concerning the Single Pattern Show, is it ok if the final product is a cosplay of something?
I got an amazing idea for a cosplay that will use the pattern and I'm thinking of entering it, but I'm not sure if that is ok.

Cosplays for the Year:
(Fallout 3) Vault Dwellers (Regular and Pin up edition) (20%)
Masquerade Ballgown (60%)

PENGUINS! Enough said.
may55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2014, 12:29 PM   #13
Ani_BEE
Black Magic Woman

What size are the badges so that we can match up the ribbons. If it was in the email I apologies but the email was deleted.

FanEXPO
Wearing random Arda Wigs.
Madeline Hatter ~ Ever After High (Sat)

Future cosplays/cons:
Anime North, (maybe) Otakuthon, FanEXPO '15
Nehelenia
Allen Crown Clown
Sakizo Anniversary
Steampunk - Bride

For Sale
My Wigs • Mascot, Costumes (Humanity has Declined) & D.Gray-man Poker Cards • Zori&Tabi from Japan

Arda & Shop.cosplay wig fiber swatch comparisons & Cosplay props tutorials and Makeup revies!
Ani_BEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2014, 02:13 PM   #14
Sarcasm-hime
bead addict

Re: Single Pattern, you can make anything you like including a recreation of something.

Re: Badges, we haven't finalized the badge size/format yet but standard size is usually about 4-5" wide.

www.costumecon32.com

Unread 03-14-2014, 10:52 AM   #15
Wenora
The Musical Mage

For the doll costume contest, it says on the Rules that Friday is the drop off.. Is that the set-up time and day, then Saturday is the display/judging day?

I don't see the finer details for this contest, like what size for display each contestant is allowed. If we are allowed more than one entry, can we enter one entry but both dolls together in a display/diorama? Or is it strictly one doll per display?

~Unless I may have missed an update about this contest.. :X I am interested in entering and clueless on how to go about it.
Wenora is offline   Reply With Quote