Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Crossplay

Unread 11-28-2013, 12:10 PM   #1
Bolvasmidr
The Dark Horse

FtM Anime eye

I'm going to be crossplaying as Hitsugaya and Renji from Bleach. I'm not sure how to get the anime look without coming off as feminine. I know the right lenses and I thought probably some kind of eyeliner, but how can I do it? I will have the rest of my face contoured, lashes uncurled, etc. I'd go with circle lenses for Hitsugaya, but for Renji do they make lenses that make your Iris smaller?

http://faesworld.files.wordpress.com...a-taishou2.jpg

http://media.animevice.com/uploads/0...0120_super.jpg

Also, I already have multiple tutorials on contouring and such to look male, but if anyone knows of tutorials on how to get different face shapes since they're both pretty different I'd love to see them.
Bolvasmidr is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-28-2013, 11:46 PM   #2
redsheep

This girl gives great tutorials for eyes. http://jackychip.deviantart.com/gallery/43962195

As far as I know they don't, other than those creepy white contacts that only show your pupils.

For the face shape, basically shading is your friend. It's not gonna' be too drastic, but the basic idea behind shading is to look at your face and sort of mentally draw the shape you want, then shade the parts around it? It's hard to explain, but if you have a naturally round face, you're going to want to shade the top and especially the sides and under your cheekbones. This tutorial goes through the different parts of your face that you contour and what they do. Might be helpful.
redsheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2013, 08:21 PM   #3
Icesky

Eyebrows are a huge factor in making your eyes look more masculine! I don't have the link to the tutorial I saw this from, but basically you put glue over your eyes (from a regular gluestick) then powder foundation, then concealer (blend it really well to the rest of the area) or else it'll be really noticeable) and then another layer of powder to match the rest of your face. Then take the color eyeshadow of your character and draw a new eyebrow with an angle eyeshadow brush! Although with Renji since his eyebrows are a little different, you might just want to go with black facepaint, but I'd still cover your own eyebrows. It'll work nicely for hitsugaya as you can get his sharp expression easier..
Icesky is offline   Reply With Quote