Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Fitness

Unread 12-10-2013, 02:49 PM   #1
ShiroKanade
Yay Life Fibers

So with Christmas approaching...

Anyone else struggling to resist the plethora of food available?

*stares at the 20-30lbs of available chocolate*

Katsucon 2015
ShiroKanade is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-10-2013, 03:25 PM   #2
Ilafatyu
That guy

Since I'm trying to gain weight, this is the best time of year. So much food, and so much of it's meat and veggies... It's the desserts that kill me. All those brownies and cookies and pastries are too good to resist. They're not doing anything helpful, nutritionally speaking, so while I don't have to skip out entirely I'm still not going to gorge on pie.

facebook // tumblr
Want to help create a US anime convention map?
PM me your local conventions to add to the map

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS
Lie Ren (uniform - RWBY) - 35%
Sheik upgrades - 0%
Ilafatyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2013, 03:49 PM   #3
Antifreeze

I just make sure to only cave in on official holidays :P. That way my family won't whine about how I am not eating anything >_>
Antifreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2013, 04:08 PM   #4
Larcenciel
Seeking Misuzu Kamio.

I splurge a bit on the holidays. I actually are like.... a bit of turkey, two manacottis, two artichokes, potatoes, a dinner roll, a chocolate cake with cinnabon creme, and some mousse my aunt made all on Thanksgiving.

Truth be told, I lost four pounds that night. I threw it all up.

Cosplay 1: Sailor Venus (Commissioner failed to make 4 month deadline)
Update: August 10th.... still nothing.

Reality: Recycled or no cosplay at all. Got to love commissioning! Thanks everyone!! Serious thanks to Dulcinea, who actually made the deadline for the accessories far in advance and of outstanding quality. Sucks they won't be used.
Larcenciel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2013, 07:42 PM   #5
ShiroKanade
Yay Life Fibers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antifreeze View Post
I just make sure to only cave in on official holidays :P. That way my family won't whine about how I am not eating anything >_>
I know exactly what you mean T_T

Katsucon 2015
ShiroKanade is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2013, 01:03 PM   #6
ArtsyFartsy
Breeder of the Domokuns

Yeah, I think most people have this problem, but I've figured a way to curb it. It's all about how you think about food. For the past, I'd say two years, I've been slowly training and changing my mindset when it comes to food. Yes, I am still quite a foodsie, but only if it's a healthy, good for you dish.

Addicted to milk chocolate? Well, being lactose intolerant has certainly changed my perspective of all things dairy AND sugary. Did you know that cows milk contains a natural hormone called Cato-morphins that when digested, acts like morphine in our bodies? This is what created that mother-calf bond and explains the addiction to cheese. We are literally addicted to a naturally occurring morphine. Now combine that with the refined sugar found in pretty much most milk chocolate and you have a recipe for an addiction that can be just as tough to curb as drug addictions. Doesn't sound very appetizing now does it? My advice? Cut down on the dairy intake in general, and eventually eliminate dairy from your diet. Worried about not getting calcium? Well I can tell you that consuming dairy doesn't actually get you calcium, PM me if you're interested to know why. The best way for you to get calcium is through vegetables like peas and spinach. Eliminating the dairy will cease the addiction to the cato-morphines, making it easier to say no to chocolate.

As far as other unhealthy dishes are concerned, you just need to change how you view them. Despite what your taste buds tell you at first, if it's not healthy, it's automatically disgusting. You may have to lie to yourself for the first little while, but eventually your taste buds will start to agree with you.
Unread 12-15-2013, 02:23 PM   #7
lemuries

Each day, I allow myself no more than three bites of any one treat/naughty. It gives me the full experience without wrecking my calorie count.

Knowing that I don't have to do without them makes it easier to pass on the ones that are only slightly worth it, so I can focus on the ones that send me over the moon.
lemuries is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2013, 12:33 PM   #8
Antifreeze

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiroKanade View Post
I know exactly what you mean T_T
Apparently having an opinion of my own is a sin. T_T I figure 90% of the year healthy is enough... plus a good horrid food day is a nice way to shock your system.
Unread 12-16-2013, 03:59 PM   #9
MaiCosplay

It's funny, I don't eat as much in the fall/winter time. I eat mostly throughout the summer/spring
MaiCosplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2013, 04:07 PM   #10
Drazhar

Easy, I get the ultimate way out. I'm not a Christian!
Drazhar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2013, 08:34 PM   #11
Antifreeze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drazhar View Post
Easy, I get the ultimate way out. I'm not a Christian!
Neither am I but my mom insists that I still treat the holiday as family quality time or something stupid and pointless like that.
Unread 12-17-2013, 12:34 AM   #12
Chimarie26

I noticed that when I started working out, I started craving more healthy foods like fresh fruit and veggies and such, so I don't have as big of a problem when it comes to the holidays.

Now, that's not to say I don't ever want sweets, because I do indeed have a sweet tooth!
But what I do is I make my own, and I do this for a couple reasons:
1. While some things taste awesome store-bought, I find a lot of them either tooth-shattering sweet or just not nummy at all.
2. I'm a lazy person, so if I want something but don't feel like making it, I don't get any.
3. When I make my deserts from scratch, I know what's going into it and I can always adjust the recipe to my liking.
Chimarie26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2013, 02:59 PM   #13
Tattle-Kill

Well I am alone for the first time this Christmas and I am proud to admit I am a horrible cook (I once burnt soup). So I will probably be amoung the masses of bachelors-who-burnt-Christmas-dinners that will be visiting Dennys.
There's nothing quite like the Hobbit Hole breakfast there. Yummy!