Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Introductions

Unread 12-25-2013, 10:21 PM   #1
CeramicRose

Smile Hello, I'm Cassandra

Hello!
I'm new to Cosplaying, just started at Unplugged Expo 2013, and I can't say I know much about it. I've seen tons of tutorials, though I'm not exactly sure if those can be of much help to me, I suppose they were.
Anyhow, I live in Canada, an hour from Toronto, and I'd love to meet some people who Cosplay in my area! If not close by, then I'd still love to talk to people who Cosplay! I don't have any friends here that Cosplay, the closest is in NY, and the farthest is in Costa Rica somewhere... So I'd love to talk to other Cosplayers!
Right now, I can't really sew to save my life, but I'm learning, I never had any interest or reason until this year.
I only have one costume for now, though I'm trying to get a second. The one I have is Alois Trancy, from Kuroshitsuji II, and the one I'm working on getting is Ciel Phantomhive, from Kuroshitsuji I and II. I have a ton more I can't wait to get, but for now, I have to work on getting these ones...
When I learn to sew properly I'll probably re-make them myself, but for now, this'll do.

Anyways... What else... A little bio...? I suppose?

Nickname/s: None from my friends, but I do like Ceramic, for Cosplaying.
Animes/Mangas I like: Oh, this is gonna be a looonnnggg list... Let's begin, shall we?
Kuroshitsuji((Black Butler)), Durarara!!, Loveless, Death Note, Soul Eater, Ouran Highschool Host Club, Pandora Hearts, Naruto, D.Gray-Man, Vampire Knight, Fairy Tail, Code Geass, Hetalia, Baka and Test, Bara No Maria, Black Cat, Witch Hunter, Chrome Shelled Regios, and Chrono Crusade. There're probably more that don't immediately come to mind ^^;
Favorite Characters: Here we go again... Right, let's get this done.
Alois Trancy, Ciel Phantomhive, Drocell Keinz, Finny, Pluto, Canterbury, Izaya Orihara, Celty, Masaomi Kida, Kasuka Heiwajima, Ritsuka Aoyagi, Youji Sagan, L, Soul Evens, Death the Kid, Crona, Kaoru Hitachiin, Haruhi Fujioka, Mitsukuni Huninozuka, Gilbert Nightray, Oz Vessalius, Alice, Xerxes Break, Cheshire Cat, Naruto, Sasuke, Deidara, Allen Walker, Yuu Kanda, Leenelee, Kaname Kuran, Zero Kiryu, Senri Shiki, Gray Fullbuster, Lelouch Vi Britannia, C.C., Kallen, Switzerland/Vash Zwingli, Canada/Matthew Williams, Germany/Ludwig, Prussia/Gilbert, Russia/Ivan, France/Francis Bonnnefoy, Italy/Feliciano Vargas, Japan/Kiku Honda, Hideyoshi Kintoshita, Maria, Train Heartnet, Shiki, Tasha Godspell, Harley Sutton, and Chrono. Again, probably more I can't think of... ^^;

Well... I guess that's enough, right?
Anyways, yep, I'd love to meet more Cosplayers, but right now, I just sorta wanna get started properly!
~Ceramic
CeramicRose is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-26-2013, 09:22 PM   #2
SirWonderusMary
Join the Flock~

Let me be the first to tell you, welcome to the community! It's not too large, but It is very welcoming to those who want to join, no matter what age you are. As for that list, It was more than I expected in an introduction but definitely helps with finding out what we have in common. As you can see in my cosplay list, we definitely have a few interests (Black Butler, Naruto, etc) Sadly, I don't live anywhere near you as I live in the U.S in Florida. I do hope you enjoy your time on the forums!

As for how to get started, all I can say is start off making a list of what you want to cosplay and let yourself search the internet for tutorials that may already be up. On a side note I'd go through the convention list and see what conventions are coming near your area and look for people who are also going. Have fun!
-Metro-con 2015
-AWA 2015

Cosplay List:
-Joker (Black Butler)
-Jack Vessalius (Pandora Hearts)
-Julius Monrey (Alice in the Country of Hearts)
-Aura Blackquill (Ace Attorney)
-Inuyasha

SirWonderusMary is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2013, 12:28 AM   #3
kirilee

G'day!

Sewing is a great skill to learn, and once you get the basics, it is just a matter of practise! The really good thing is that there are lots of tutorials (written and video) around that is easy to find.

All the best!
kirilee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2013, 01:09 PM   #4
CeramicRose

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirWonderusMary View Post
Let me be the first to tell you, welcome to the community! It's not too large, but It is very welcoming to those who want to join, no matter what age you are. As for that list, It was more than I expected in an introduction but definitely helps with finding out what we have in common. As you can see in my cosplay list, we definitely have a few interests (Black Butler, Naruto, etc) Sadly, I don't live anywhere near you as I live in the U.S in Florida. I do hope you enjoy your time on the forums!

As for how to get started, all I can say is start off making a list of what you want to cosplay and let yourself search the internet for tutorials that may already be up. On a side note I'd go through the convention list and see what conventions are coming near your area and look for people who are also going. Have fun!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirilee View Post
G'day!

Sewing is a great skill to learn, and once you get the basics, it is just a matter of practise! The really good thing is that there are lots of tutorials (written and video) around that is easy to find.

All the best!
Alright, thank you so much, both of you! ^u^

Last edited by CeramicRose : 12-27-2013 at 01:20 PM. Reason: I forgot to add the second qoute and thught commenting again would just be a waste ^^;
CeramicRose is offline   Reply With Quote