Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Introductions

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 12-30-2013, 01:36 PM   #1
poetictragedy

Greetings from the Mitten!

Hello~ I've been lurking around this site for a month or so, and thought I'd finally post an introduction, haha.

Name: Sarah

I've been making costumes for a few years, because I gave up on finding store-bought women's Halloween costumes. But technically, have only been cosplaying for about a year. I'm still learning to sew, so it's been a challenge for me!

I've been to Youmacon the last two years, and I'll be attending Ohayocon next month.

I just recently started watching anime again after a loooong hiatus, so I haven't seen a lot of the more popular and classic series. Anyway, my favorites are Outlaw Star, Uta no Prince-Sama, Ouran High School Host Club, Free! Iwatobi Swim Club, Fullmetal Alchemist, and Black Butler.

I also play video games. Always have, always will probably. My favorites are The Legend of Zelda series, Portal series, Animal Crossing, Fire Emblem, Super Smash Brothers Melee/Brawl, .hack series, and Just Dance.

Outside of cosplay and cons, my hobbies include reading, musical theater, my pets (I'm a licensed veterinary technician, so animals are important to me), camping, Tumblr, and I'm trying to get back into swimming.

So yeah, that was long. Anyway, I'm looking for friends that maybe eventually could cosplay with me. I've been lurking the forum, and everyone here seems really nice and helpful.
Lucina - Fire Emblem: Awakening
Virus - DRAMAtical Murder re:connect

2015 CONVENTIONS:
Shutocon, JAFAX, Matsuricon, Youmacon
poetictragedy is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-03-2014, 01:21 AM   #2
SirWonderusMary
Join the Flock~

Welcome to the forums! I'm also a once lurker and might I add It is better when you can just post replies to people with an account than just lurk. ^^ It's very nice of you to join us though and I do hope you enjoy your stay here. You'll find a ton of stuff here you'll love, and trust me when I say you'll end up making friends soon enough. just post and eventually you'll get a few. Thus far, I can say I've met two people at a convention through this who recognized me from the forums but it just is exciting.

As for what you love, I can say I enjoy Black butler as well and I think you might love Harvest Moon if you haven't seen that game...that and maybe anime-wise Skipbeat. But yeah, if you want to be friends you can message me any-time and we can talk a little more about our interests since I kinda don't know what to type on a post. XD
-Metro-con 2015
-AWA 2015

Cosplay List:
-Joker (Black Butler)
-Jack Vessalius (Pandora Hearts)
-Julius Monrey (Alice in the Country of Hearts)
-Aura Blackquill (Ace Attorney)
-Inuyasha

SirWonderusMary is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2014, 05:09 PM   #3
deadwondergent

Hi I just joined today but also have been lurking around the forums for a while. I have only been to the san diego comic con from 2012. I want to go this year to both Youmacon and the midwest media expo. I dont have much experience in cosplaying yet but have been working on a steampunk costume for this year.
As for anime I love black butler, death note, attack on titan, welcome to NHK. I play alot of nintendo ds like Zelda, Pokemon, animal crossings.
Just looking for friends that are in the michigan area seems kinda hard to find cosplayers around here.
deadwondergent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2014, 03:34 AM   #4
Azure Emperor

Oh hey, I'm originally from just north of Detroit, right at the tip of Lake St. Claire! Currently spending some time in the Grand Rapids area till I can find a better job, heh.

I'm still relatively new-ish to cosplay as well, so if you ever want to chat about it/shoot ideas back and forth you're more than welcome to spam me. =P

I used to think cosplayers were rare in Michigan, then everyone started crawling out of the woodwork once social networking took off, lol. You should definitely join some of the Facebook groups, that's the best way to meet others nearby I've found.

Dot Hack is one of my favorite series btw, and I just recently started getting into Fire Emblem. So many things I want to cosplay, so little time and money! DX

My usual cons: Youmacon, Colossalcon, Shuto Con, Acen, and JAFAX
Azure Emperor is offline   Reply With Quote