Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Anime Expo

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 01-15-2014, 11:02 AM   #1
Maguma
Blazing Through Tommorrow

Anime Expo Cosplay Chess 2014

COSPLAY CHESS: ANIME EXPO: 2014

Hello one and all! Welcome to the official Cosplay Chess thread for Anime Expo 2014. Please be sure to keep track of the other thread over on the AX forums or follow us on Facebook!

What is Cosplay Chess? Cosplay Chess is a game in which the cosplayers are used as the pieces for an epic chess match controlled by their Mighty Kings!! The game itself is played out just like a normal chess match. The players will make their moves on a regular chess board and then the Pieces will move to the corresponding locations on a large scale chess board which they'll be standing on. At each confrontation the attacking piece will have a "Battle" with its target. We hope you'll come to watch, or if you think you can meet the call to arms sign up to play!

For Those of you who want to Play as pieces
Below is a link to download the application. Inside are all the rules and information necessary for applying. Please make sure to read them.

LINK: https://www.mediafire.com/?pmc11cczmh69cx1

Please be sure to READ the application and then fill out all blank spaces at the end and send it in before June 1st.

The Match-ups
Only those who sign up will play. If the roster is full for the game a backup list will be made. The backup list is decided by us as well. If you are going to be in the game, BE THERE EARLY We wanna make sure all things are managed and covered before the game goes on.

Announcers: Maguma

The Game roster will be sent to participants on TBA

Shout Out To Photographers and Camera men
Each time we host the event we wanna make sure it’s documented to be seen again and again! This is a chance for you Con photographers to get some shots in before the matches start. So please stop by and grab a few photos! We’re also looking for someone to film the entire event so please let us know if you’d be interested in documenting for us!

Staff
Game Organizers
- Maguma, Pretty Sammy, Ergheiz Zero, Daniel-San, Jaime
Game Announcers – Maguma, Pretty Sammy
If anyone has questions regarding these topics, please contact either the corresponding people or myself.

Schedule Things in bold are important times
Day 1, Thursday @ 5:45
???? - Check in Time
???? - Overview of rules and setup
6:00 - Game start
7:00 - Game end

Be sure to sign up for ALA 2015 Socal Cosplay Chess!!! Click here!!!
Come check out Socal Cosplay Chess on Facebook!!! Click here!!!

Last edited by Maguma : 06-16-2014 at 07:44 PM.
Maguma is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-15-2014, 11:05 AM   #2
Maguma

With ALA's passing the gears are already turning for Anime Expo. None of us were all too pleased with 2013's performance so we're going to be working EXTRA hard to make sure that 2014's show blows it and all prior Cosplay Chess performances CLEAN outta the water!!

Be sure to stay tuned for more updates about the event, send those applications in as soon as possible, and spread the word! This time around the game's gonna be on a whole new level!!!!

Unread 01-16-2014, 11:29 AM   #3
Alyssa3467
Holographic Kitty

I'm undecided between Sailor Mercury and Kirk-era Starfleet Redshirt #6.
Alyssa3467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2014, 07:33 PM   #4
CelCosplay
CelestineLocsin

Oooh how do I bookmark it?
twitter.com/cellocsin
CelCosplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2014, 06:20 AM   #5
shadowdragon13
Dont mess with the Dragon

Might come as Consuela from Family Guy. But it all depends on what day it is and the when gatherings I'm planning on attending are. Would be pretty funny to see a Mexican Housekeeper in a fight with another fictional character. XD
Liza (Pokemon R/S/E) - 100%

2014 Cons: Anime California, Comikaze (maybe), Bent Con (maybe), Nuke the Fridge con.
shadowdragon13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2014, 05:59 PM   #6
SinSilver
Warrior

Signing up for this
I just hope it doesnt coincide with the only gathering Im planning on attending.
SinSilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2014, 07:00 PM   #7
ladygengi
~missART~

Participated in 2012 and had a blast! Think I may sign up again this year. (◠‿◠✿)
ladygengi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2014, 07:22 PM   #8
Tisheriffic

Loved watching this at ALA, woul love to participate this time at AX! Hopefully it won't be during the gatherings I hope to attend. I'll be sending my application in soon!
Mega Lucario (Pokémon XY/SSB4) - DONE
Yami Marik (Yu-Gi-Oh!) - 90%
Zen (Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth) - 71%

Conventions I will be attending, so far:
ALA 2015

Live in the LA/SoCal area and want to meet other fellow cosplayers? Then join us: https://m.facebook.com/groups/248400145316182
Tisheriffic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2014, 11:30 PM   #9
Mankey

This seems like it could be pretty fun! I'll probably sign up for it, but I want to see when it is before I can say who I'll be cosplaying. I was going to do Kirito on days 1-2 and Okabe Rintarou on days 3-4, but if it's on day 1 or 3 I could probably make an exception and come as Scott Pilgrim if it's on day 1 or 3 (but I may prefer one of the others anyway, I don't know). But this certainly seems fun. Especially since I'm sure it's fair to not judge what it's going to be like based off of the video I've seen from 2013. :v
Mankey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2014, 12:11 AM   #10
Angelic_Sabyne
SuperGal in Training!

I wanted to do this at ALA, but my costume wasn't ready in time. I'll keep an eye out to see how things come together, as that will determine if I'll be participating and which character I would be.

Facebook
Tumblr
Storenvy Shop

Upcoming 2014 Conventions

Anime Los Angeles
Anime Conji (?)
Fanime
Anime California (?)
Pacific Media Expo

'If at first you don't succeed, pull out the stitches, realign your fabric pieces, and sew it again.'
Angelic_Sabyne is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2014, 01:44 PM   #11
Kilala_Calico
having fun

I would love to play. My computer dosen't read Doc files. What do I do?

Last edited by Kilala_Calico : 02-18-2014 at 02:05 PM.
Kilala_Calico is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2014, 02:34 PM   #12
Maguma

Hey everyone! We hope you're all getting excited and getting those cosplays ready for the big game at AX this year! We intend to pull out all the stops and make this show one for the record books!!!! So make sure to fill out those applications and get them in as soon as you can! And don't forget: you have till June 1st to turn them in. That's the deadline!~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mankey View Post
This seems like it could be pretty fun! I'll probably sign up for it, but I want to see when it is before I can say who I'll be cosplaying. I was going to do Kirito on days 1-2 and Okabe Rintarou on days 3-4, but if it's on day 1 or 3 I could probably make an exception and come as Scott Pilgrim if it's on day 1 or 3 (but I may prefer one of the others anyway, I don't know). But this certainly seems fun. Especially since I'm sure it's fair to not judge what it's going to be like based off of the video I've seen from 2013. :v
2013 was a very unfortunate year for Cosplay Chess due to a lot of technical problems on the staff side but we all plan to rectify that. Our game organizers Daniel and Jaime are hard at work to make sure that this year the show will be beyond fantastic!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilala_Calico View Post
I would love to play. My computer dosen't read Doc files. What do I do?
If your computer doesn't read doc files, send in an email to maguma_usagi@yahoo.com and we can copy/paste you the application

Unread 02-18-2014, 11:31 PM   #13
Alyssa3467
Holographic Kitty

I'll obviously be a pawn if I'm selected to participate as Kirk-era Starfleet Redshirt. I'm not sure what piece would suit Sailor Mercury though. Anybody here have any suggestions?
Alyssa3467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2014, 06:06 PM   #14
Maguma

Anything and everything is totally fine~

Unread 03-11-2014, 04:06 PM   #15
SinSilver
Warrior

Can I change the character that I put on the application if I already sent it in? My cosplay changes depending on which day it is.
SinSilver is offline   Reply With Quote