Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Cosplay Suggestions

Unread 02-17-2014, 08:15 PM   #1
FauxShot

Choices, choices! (Enter if you dare)

So, my friend was supposed to help me decide (since she's basically my fashion consultant when it comes to cosplay), but seeing as how she's busy, I thought I might make a post here!

As usual, I'm very indecisive; and due to time constraints, I'm trying to quickly decide what to cosplay as! Over the past week I've been looking at ideas, and I generally just keep having more and more of them; so, being on time constraints, I need to decide within the next day or two. Speaking of constraints, I should mention that I may, or may not, be able to wear a wig, so I suppose it's something to take into consideration. Also, I don't have time to make much of anything, so that kind of work has to be very limited.

I'm going to assume those viewing have a general idea of some of these things, though I know each show is not everyone's cup of tea, so sorry in advance! I can always explain more. So, let's get to it!

COSPLAYS

-Male!Roxy : Replace the tights/skirt with black jeans, add a pink belt and maybe a casual vest jacket. Done.
- Crocker-Tier John : Exactly what it sounds like. Replace the blue with red, and the shirt with Crocker-tier shirt from whatpumpkin.
-Military!Stuck, Modern Warfare - I've saw naval versions, so I wanted to do a generic combat version; combat boots, camo BDUs (in this example, purple camo for Rose: http://www.armysurplusworld.com/prod...ProductID=2951 ), Grimsquiddle shirt from Topataco, knee/armpads, tactical vest/harness w/ grimsquiddle patch, and matching weapons (i.e. for rose, purple and black with grimsquiddle design).
-Attack on Titan : Doesn't need much explaining, probably Levi (the cleaning version xD ) or male!Mikasa.

I also considered Male!Ryuko or Yoko (Kill la Kill and Gurren Lagann), but I don't feel I can do their cosplays properly as of yet. Though I might do something similar to the military!Stuck thing with them, as it would be fun. :3

Please note that I haven't watched the above shows (though I'm a fan of Homestuck), so I apologize if I'm a bit uneducated; it's on my to-do list. I do like the look of the characters or cosplays though, so I thought I would consider them. ^.^

So if anyone has suggestions or comments on things to consider, you're more than welcome to comment! Military style stuff will obviously be a bit more expensive, but everything is about in the same range, so price is pretty much considered.
FauxShot is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-17-2014, 10:34 PM   #2
Dovahspartan

I really do dig the Captain Levi idea :3
-Psycho (Borderlands) 65%
Dovahspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2014, 11:01 PM   #3
FauxShot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dovahspartan View Post
I really do dig the Captain Levi idea :3
I thought people might get a kick out of it. Wasn't sure how popular it was, though. xD

Thanks for the input! ^.^
Unread 02-18-2014, 12:30 PM   #4
Dovahspartan

Captain Levi is a bit popular, but more people cosplay as Mikasa. I dunno, I Just think Captain Levi is awesome and I'd encourage anyone to cosplay as him if they can xD
-Psycho (Borderlands) 65%
Dovahspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2014, 03:17 PM   #5
FauxShot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dovahspartan View Post
Captain Levi is a bit popular, but more people cosplay as Mikasa. I dunno, I Just think Captain Levi is awesome and I'd encourage anyone to cosplay as him if they can xD
I'm actually considering a male Strike Witch cosplay, too... ugh, so many choices! xD

But thank you for the above, I was kinda curious how popular a Mikasa cosplay would be. :? I watched the first episode yesterday... wouldn't want to get in her way. 0.o;
Unread 02-21-2014, 09:03 PM   #6
Skyefrost
Not Always Right

I think the homestuck ones are creative, I like the idea of a genderbend military Roxy. It kind of fits her thought pattern.
oh, and seconding on levi. Most people does his scouting leagion ver. it would be hilarious to see his germaphobe one.

Why didn't I see this thread before?
Skyefrost is offline   Reply With Quote