Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Nan Desu Kan

Unread 03-03-2014, 08:58 AM   #1
Lady Neese

Costume Contest Rules for 2014

Hey Everyone,
The updated rules for the costume contest are now up!! http://ndkdenver.org/activities/cosplay/contest-rules

There is only one big change that I want to tell you all about and thatís to the Asian Origin rule.

Iíve been working on a way to stay within NDKís mission statement to promote Japanese and Asian cultures while opening up the contest a bit cause letís face it there are some awesome shows, manga, movies and costumes out there that arenít Asian in origin.

So what I came up with was to allow costumes or costumes from shows that have significant Asian influences and/or inspirations.

What this means is that you can now enter costumes from TV shows like Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Avatar the Last Airbender/Legend of Korra or costumes from movies like Pacific Rim or Manga like Dramacon. It also means that costumes like Marvelís Silver Samurai are ok to enter. Basically as long as the costume/show/movie/manga has Asian influences/inspiration its ok to enter.

So if you have a costume you want to enter that you think qualifies under the new rule let me know, if the Asian influences arenít so obvious I may ask you to site why you think it qualifies under the new rule.

One last note, I just want to thank you all for your feedback over the years. Itís helped this contest to grow and flourish. Keep up all the great costuming work and I hope to see you all at NDK!!
~Katie

Last edited by Lady Neese : 03-03-2014 at 10:46 AM. Reason: Spelling. >_>
Lady Neese is offline   Reply With Quote