Go Back   Cosplay.com > Fashion > EGL

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 02-27-2014, 04:45 PM   #1
Perkie

Opinion on this lolita dress?

Hi, first post here. So I hope I'm not breaking any rules or posting in the wrong place >.<
I'm going to my first con, and buying my first lolita dress. Wah, lolita virgin. Anyways, I found this site.

http://www.annahousefashion.com/default.asp

Heard good reviews about it. It's the best one in terms of availability to me. Unfortunately, the other dress/dresses I wanted from this site are not available in my size, so I'm stuck with this one currently.

http://www.annahousefashion.com/detail.asp?catid=76392&subcatid=0&pdtid=631916&pri vate=

I was considering getting either the blue one or the pink one. Not too big on the purple one. Only problem is that I feel as though this dress may be Ita-ish and I can't really tell, being lolita virgin and all. Maybe it looks a bit cheap? What do you guys think? Yay or nay? If you think the dress is nay, can you point me into the right direction for lolita dresses? Problem is I'm a little fucking fat and I need a dress that allows me to wear it and live. Unfortunately, a lot of sites don't seem to want to provide me with that luxury.

Thanks!
Perkie is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-28-2014, 08:38 PM   #2
Skyefrost
Not Always Right

hmm...from looking at it. (not an expert in lolita, it's looks fine!) The laces are eyelit lace, (and not over the top) which I was told that those type of laces while cheap is NOT ita looking.

(that's all I know.)
Skyefrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2014, 08:49 AM   #3
Pooshi
Manly Maiden

Hmm... How to explain.
It's not ita because there's no horrible lace and cheap ribbons overflowng everywhere but it's not a good quality dress.
The frills are not quality to, it's qite irregular... But if you wear this dress with a black blouse (or white but... black would be prettier in my opinion) plus a black bolero, black socks + black shoes, it can be pretty.
But the other parts of you coordination must have quality lace ! Cheap lace = ita.
Pooshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2014, 09:40 PM   #4
EmiBubble
@Emi_Bubble

For your first lolita dress, it looks pretty good. Just make sure to grab a petticoat if you don't have one. Another website that I can recommend for your first lolita dress is Bodyline. Have fun wearing your dress.

Current Projects
2014 Winter Miku (Vocaloid)
Flandre Scarlet (Touhou Project)
Shameimaru Aya {Kourindou Tengu VER.} (Touhou Project)
Megurine Luka {Senbon Sakura VER.} (Vocaloid)

emi4bubble@gmail.com
EmiBubble is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2014, 10:35 AM   #5
Pooshi
Manly Maiden

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmiBubble View Post
For your first lolita dress, it looks pretty good. Just make sure to grab a petticoat if you don't have one. Another website that I can recommend for your first lolita dress is Bodyline. Have fun wearing your dress.
Ah true I forgot to say it but the dress is expansive for a non-quality dress, try to buy a bodyline dress, but do not buy a bodyline petticoat ! They're not puffy at all. Try FanPlusFriend too ! (F+F petticoats are gorgeous)
Pooshi is offline   Reply With Quote