Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > J-Rock/J-Pop > Vocaloid

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 07-13-2013, 07:52 AM   #1
Hakumi

Question Hatsune Miku [Rolling Girl] Cosplay?

So for i'm planning my outfit for next year's Manifest (Melbourne), and I know it's a little early, but I want to start planning early anyway. So i've decided to cosplay as Hatsune Miku from her PV [Rolling Girl]. It's an easy cosplay, black sweater, white top, black socks, brown shoes, pink skirt.

But where can I find a pink skirt and similar brown shoes online? I've been searching for days and haven't came across something similar. Help?

(Yay for first post ever!)
Hakumi is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-14-2013, 07:57 PM   #2
Miss-Kagamine

Don't worry I like to plan early too ^^
The pink skit is pretty straight forward and if you can't find something online(you could probably look around where you live too) it would be easy to make even if you have zero sewing experiance like me. Skirts are very easy to make and you can find heaps of free patterns online(youtube tutorials are good too!)

As for the shoes have you tried ebay? If you have and had no luck you could look around shops and such they look pretty straight forward so they shouldn't be too hard to find. Or if you really can't find them you could buy a pair of shoes and alter them(whether it's painting them or making boot covers)
Miss-Kagamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2013, 08:04 AM   #3
Hakumi

Yeap, i've tried ebay.
And no I can't find any skirts that have the same type of material and length :C
As for the shoes, i'm not so sure. Ebay seems to be pretty expensive when it comes to brown leather shoes.

(Not going to even attempt to DIY the skirt, I'll probably kill myself accidentally whilst sewing it). :\
Hakumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2013, 12:59 AM   #4
packingabox

Hey! I'm going to be cosplaying a character from Shuffle, who wears the basic buckle-shoes. For her, I decided to look for loafers on Amazon, and ended up running across these:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I chose the "Light Pewter", and it came out pretty close to the brown that I wanted. They are rather shiny, but close enough design-wise that I was ok with that. If you don't like these, then simply google "brown loafers". It doesn't really have to be brown leather-imitation is pretty cheap.
packingabox is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2014, 10:48 AM   #5
Sparkle-Desu
AkikoDesu

THIS IS SUPER OLD BUT What size waist are you? I have a pink pleated skirt I could part with for like $15ish?
Sparkle-Desu is offline   Reply With Quote