Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Makeup/Eye Contacts Review

Unread 03-02-2014, 01:42 PM   #1
TeslaDunk

Best colored contacts with prescription?

I've been looking to get some contacts to wear without glasses (hate glasses) but I seem to be having a hard time find any that cost less the $100 a pair and from a reliable site because I know the cheapo sites aren't something I want to trust. The cheapest pair I've found that worked with my prescription were $65 for one side and I have a different script for each eye so I have to order two different sets and some sites wont let me choice two different powers. I've been having a terrible time finding a decent site and would love to hear some reviews from site that worked and weren't worth it so I don't stumble onto something that looks good then turns out to be crap.
TeslaDunk is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-14-2014, 04:52 PM   #2
Armand Assante

Colored contacts with a prescription yes? I wear glasses (and can see little without them) and for cosplay I wear contacts. I own three different pairs of colored prescription contacts all of which I got off http://www.pinkyparadise.com/. I have been meaning to look into honeycolored website but have yet to order from them.

Speaking on behalf of what I do own and wear pinky does a great job with providing selection and pricing clearly places on it's site. I own two kinda of blue contacts and a pair of red. All are comfortable and I am able to wear up to 8 hours before feeling the need to take them out. (I'll add here my eyes dry quickly and that's why 8 hours is my comfort zone in wearing them)

If you have any further questions feel free to message me. Check pinky out, allot of their contacts can be prescription ones and they range from 16$ to 40$ mainly.

Skype- Mustashio Miku

YouTube
Armand Assante is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2014, 08:02 PM   #3
Khorrupt

2nding Pinky Paradise -- I'm also vision-impaired but I actually opt to wear Pinky Paradise's circle lenses every day (and of course, for cosplay.) You didn't mention your prescription -- why is it hard to find? Is it exceptionally high, or are you far-sighted, or...?

They have a great selection of colours, too. I had a pair of red ones and a pair of green ones that have gone bye-bye because they were old (they last for a year), so I currently have a pair of green, two pairs of blue, a pair of hazel, a pair of brown, and a pair of grey. Sometimes it depends on if you have light eyes or dark eyes (as they are usually favourable for the latter) but my eyes are that super-light blue-green colour, and they look fine on me.

~2014 Cosplay~
~W.A. Mozart [ Place Je Passe ] (Mozart l'Opera Rock) - FINISHED
~Silkie [ Kigurumi ] (Teen Titans) - FINISHED
~Ryuk (Death Note) - FINISHED
~Elsa [ Ice Dress ] (Frozen) - FINISHED
~Regency TARDIS (Doctor Who) - FINISHED
~Princess Aurora [ Blue ] (Sleeping Beauty) - FINISHED
~The Winter Soldier (CA: TWS) - 15% complete
Khorrupt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2014, 05:41 PM   #4
GracefulDisastr

agreed - pinky paradise is the way to go. I've bought 2 different pairs from them, both prescription, and they are amazing. I even have brown eyes that the contacts covered up wonderfully. And the price is good too

Coming up..

Katsucon 2015
- Belle -

Anime Boston 2015
- Lisa Lisa -

PAX East 2015

Otakon 2015

See you there!

GracefulDisastr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2014, 07:52 PM   #5
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Yep, Pinkyparadise is great. I wear glasses/contacts here and get all my costume lenses from them. They're quite inexpensive at about $20-$40 a pair plus shipping (which ranges from cheap and very slow, very fast and expensive, or over a certain minimum purchase and it's free AND quick), but the tradeoff is that if you don't want an enlarging effect to your eye (not ALL lenses they carry have it, but they are primarily a circle lens site), or you need a VERY specific or odd prescription (PP's are a standard base curve of 8.6 and a smallish range of diameter, and prescriptions from 0 to -8, depending on the lens, per eye), it may not have what you need.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2014, 08:03 PM   #6
jcxkyo
Noodeest.. BEEECH

Another place you could consider is Lensvillage - they have pretty similar prices too. I actually just received a pair from them (more are on the way) yesterday and they came with a free case and the lens in clearly labeled bottles. The packaging was quite secure. It took around a week and a half to two weeks to deliver. Similar to pinkyparadise, you can choose your prescription for each eye for the majority of the lenses. Just another vendor to consider checking out.
AX2014 - Chrom (Fire Emblem) WIP - Kirito - Male!Kiryuin Satsuki (KLK) WIP - Shiba Tatsuya (Mahouka) (maybe)
AF2014 - Kaname (Vampire Knight) - Some from above too (not sure yet)
jcxkyo is offline   Reply With Quote