Go Back   Cosplay.com > Fashion > Steampunk

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 11-04-2013, 01:44 PM   #61
Master Null
face ripper supreme

I havent started working on it, but I am designing a steampunk cheshire cat costume. I am quite excited about it!

~Crona, Soul Eater
~Mirai, Kyokai no Kanata
~Imp Midna, Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess

Future:
Raven, Teen Titans
Chershire Cat
Celty, Durarara!
Kidagakash, Atlantis

PLANNED CONS:

Uchi-con 2014
Anime Central 2014
Master Null is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-04-2013, 05:52 PM   #62
redsheep

I've got an idea for my first Steampunk outfit, I just have no idea how to go about doing it. Doodling a whole bunch, I guess. But hey, picking the concept's half the battle.
redsheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2013, 12:18 PM   #63
kuroki-neko
A hero reborn

I'm drawing out plans for a steampunk costume and I cannot decide on what to do, so many choices! I just hope I don't overdo it when its done.
Unread 12-28-2013, 08:14 PM   #64
Alice MacLeod
Lady Alice of Ardvreck

I have my victorian gothic nobility outfit and a new victorian blue alice steampunk outfit but I am thinking of revamping the madness returns steam dress. I want to have a proper leather dress made. I know it will be dam heavy and very expensive but I really want the real thing with real rivets in it. I have my own rivet gun.. I use to frame and skin aircraft and spacecraft for a living. I am just tired of the flimsey ones from the cosplay stores.

Cosplays I have:

Alice Madness Returns:
Traditonal, Mixmatched ,Steamdress, Royal Suite, Silk Maiden

Traditional Disney Alice, Soviet Alice

Lolita:
Sweet Pink, Gothic, Gothic Aristocrat Ballgown, Blue "Alice" Ballgown

Anime:
White Album 2 Ogiso Setsuna school uniform
Alice MacLeod is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2014, 09:41 PM   #65
Mehdia
The Corset Queen

Well, this isn't a thing I'm actually working on, but instead a finished one that I thought I would share without starting a new thread.

I've shared a few pictures of my wind-up doll based on Abney Park's song "Herr Drosselmeyer's Doll" in the past. I wore it at a one day convention this weekend and changed the shirts that I wore with it because I needed warm layers and ended up liking it better than the original way I wore it.

Anyway, here's a few pictures of the updated look.
Mehdia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2014, 02:28 PM   #66
Recherche

Just finished my complete set of 1870's underwear including chemise, drawers, corset, wire bustle and 3 petticoats.

-whew-

Now to start on the Steampunk Dryad dress to go over it
Recherche is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2014, 09:13 PM   #67
morningstarl666

Hi everyone. New to the site and am happy I found a steampunk thread.

I live in the UK and am going to a convention in July, but this will be my first attending a convention in cosplay. I'll be doing an ensemble piece, a steampunk frontier scientist version of Scarecrow from DC comics, utilising elements of the Arkham Asylum game and the Batman animated series.

So far I have found an amazing waistcoat, a cravat and shirt that I already had and a pair of boot cut leather trousers. From all my research it doesn't look like leather trousers are worn a lot in steampunk, but I think, with the time period and the character being kind of a western frontier scientist, the leather trousers would definitely work.

IMG-20140319-00387.jpg

IMG-20140319-00386.jpg

IMG-20140319-00388.jpg

I'm going to be modifying a halloween scarecrow mask so it completely covers my head, has the gas mask attachments as seen in the game and a monocle. I'll also be making a leather vambrace version of the injector glove from the game and a hat out of an old leather jacket (similar to the one in the Van Helsing movie). Add in the small leather pouch I made as a sporran alternative for one of my kilts and a leather satchel, and I think I'll end up with a very unique and original looking outfit.

What do you guys think? Any advice, tips or feedback would be massively appreciated.
morningstarl666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2014, 08:20 AM   #68
Boreotheria
n00b

I don't know the character, but I like the idea of leather trousers in steampunk. I think it's a good thematic fit if not a historical one. But I'm all for expanding horizons. Love the waistcoat too.

My current project is a waistcoat and skirt ensemble. Maybe a matching hat if I have time. Most of my attempts at steampunk have involved a corset. I want something that I can dress myself in this time. I made a six-panel skirt that goes just below the knee (the problem with floor-length is that they hide the boots!) and I'm working on modifying/girl-shaping a waistcoat from Simplicity 2895. Easier to put some darts or princess seams in a boxy man's vest than try to make typical women's patterns fit my middle-aged plus-sized shape.
Unread 05-01-2014, 12:50 PM   #69
MadHatter4980

Steampunk Bandit

I am working on a Steampunk Bandit costume for myself. I love steampunk and wanna get involved in cosplay in the Los Angeles area. So if anybody knows of anything going on please let me know. Thanks! I will post pics when I'm done.
MadHatter4980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2014, 08:05 PM   #70
Mehdia
The Corset Queen

I'm actually about to start making a hooded corset on commission for someone who is having a steampunk themed wedding. As soon as I get it started, I will share pictures.
Unread 05-16-2014, 08:40 PM   #71
Mehdia
The Corset Queen

I've finished the corset commission for the steampunk wedding. I'm pretty proud of it^^
Unread 05-19-2014, 01:57 PM   #72
Joey Lanuza
The Musical Cosplayer

I finished my Steampunk Princess Erica (genderbend of Little Mermaid's Prince Eric) already, but I am now doing a revamp of my steampunk Espeon from last year at Otakon.

Cons I have attended:
Gamesday 2002
Gamesday 2003
Otakon 2013
Otakon 2014

Upcoming cons:
Otakon 2015

Cosplays:
Steampunk Espeon
Servant of Evil Len Kagamine

Upcoming cosplays:
Dark Jupiter progress: 20% (prop construction)
Joey Lanuza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2014, 05:14 PM   #73
Elycium
Applique ate my soul

Mehdia, that hooded corset looks wonderful!

Upcoming Costumes
Alibaba - Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic
H/A Elsa - Frozen
Yunan - Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic
Mephisto Pheles - Ao No Exorcist
Elycium is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2014, 02:49 AM   #74
ghosgreen

I'm actually starting to get back into the steampunk game so I'm revamping my plague doctor. Gonna use a coat with a hood instead of a hat this time. I got my new rifle painted and ready to go. Next I'm gonna make special pouches for my collection of vials to attach to my belt and make a syringe gun with a bone saw attached and possibly a few extra holsters for some extra pistols. I got until the end of June to get this finished but I'm pretty pretty excited for it. I've been out of it for a while and its nice to be getting back into it.
ghosgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2014, 12:01 AM   #75
ArchangelGarrus

I'm working on an OC Steampunk character. An girl from a high-class family who runs away in the middle of the night on her 18th birthday for a life of adventure. She takes in interest in tinkering, and is rather bad at it at first, but the more she works on her inventions, the more she invents things that help her survive her adventures.
I'm still drawing up the character, except that I can't draw to save my life. I'm thinking very standard Victorian socialite clothing or a tattered nightgown from her running away in the middle of the night, with a coat, goggles, a Steampunk wrench, and a gun. I'm not sure yet. As I said, I can't draw but I am trying to design her.
ArchangelGarrus is offline   Reply With Quote