Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Final Fantasy

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 14 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 12-18-2013, 07:19 PM   #91
JasonTerror
Jei-Cos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giyari View Post
This might help some people, this is a model viewer for ffxiv. I believe it does not require the game to be installed to work.

http://xivmodels.com/

@thebunnyninja

I believe the outfit you are looking for is some kind of tabard, not really a dress , she just isn't wearing pants, design wise look up Hoplite tabard, I could be wrong but it's worth looking into.

@jasonterror

That set of armor should be the Vanya set, try looking up Vanya robe of healing.

Lancer looks like they are wearing Gryphonskin set, so look up Gryphonskin Jerkin.

Thaumaturge, also wears Vanya, but their gear is named slightly different, in this case Vanya robe of Casting.

Most Armor can be dyed in ffxiv so technically, you can't go wrong with color.

I hope this somewhat helps.
Thank you, but I want looking for help on any of it, but I guess those terms do tell me more so I know what stuff is for conversation purposes. I was more seeing the opinions of those that do play it, coming from someone that can't play it
Tumblr
Commissions Here
Dream Cosplays:
-Tsuruya-san (Haruhi Suzumiya)
-Kagami Hiiragi (Lucky Star)
-Minimandy (Grim Tales)
-Mimi (Grim Tales)
-Yui Hirasawa (K-On!)
JasonTerror is online now   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-19-2013, 10:42 PM   #92
Rangiku12
<3 Old School <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonTerror View Post
After saeeing This thread:
http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.ph...56#post4800356
About someone wanting to do a Conjurer cosplay:
http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/C...Fantasy_XIV%29
It made me want to do one. The design is super cute and I would love to do it. Problem is..I've never played XIV..Not only that, but I couldn't..Not only can I not find it anywhere to get, I can't afford even crappy low priced used games, let alone this one (that is, IF I can find one). Then I also don't have a computer that can hold the game (all crappy older computers that can barely hold a game..). But I normally also am not into the MMO style, where I more play just the normal FF games..Anyway, the point was I wanna cosplay that cuz I like the design, so what does the FF community think about someone in this predicament?

I also really like the Lancer:
http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/L...Fantasy_XIV%29
And the Thaumaturge:
http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Thaumaturge
I'm a player of the PS3 version of FFXIV: A realm reborn. My character is a white mage which is the advanced class of Conjurer. I'm sure if you just ask around someone can help you regardless if you play the game or not. The costume design you are wanting to cosplay is a Conjuer or a white mage outfit set called "Vanya Robes of Healing" (the most expensive set in the game for healers Gil wise) I don't own it yet but know that in-game it's said to be made of silk and can be dyed a range of colors. As for the lancer and thamaturge those outfits look to be just the concept artwork and not the ones in-game that I've seen. A realm reborn is the updated version to the old ffxiv. I'd be happy to help if you have any questions on the Conjuer as I know more about that class than the rest. Oh and the character creator can be used on any PC it's called the benchmark..something just go to the ffxiv site it's there. You can try out all the races and classes see how they look. My PC can't play the game neither which is why I have it on ps3.

Working on
Tsunade (Naruto)
Mimmy (Hello Kitty)

Last edited by Rangiku12 : 12-19-2013 at 10:46 PM.
Rangiku12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2013, 12:34 AM   #93
KOTSProps
Kin of the Stars

Just shaped out my Choral Ringbands and uhhh...now the question is "How the hell do these actually stay on?" cuz they kind of do, but once I move my hands a bit, they'll start falling off.

Guess it's tape or something, since BRDs don't wear actual gloves...

2014 Events
KATSUCON 20
ZENKAIKON 2014
OTAKON 2014

Projects:
FFXIV: A Realm Reborn, Bard and Dragoon
KOTSProps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2014, 08:34 AM   #94
tifaia
~Pimp Hat +1~

Long time no talk!

While I'm not working on personal FF11/14 projects, I have been commissioned for quite a few!

I'm about to ship out a completed piece, the Allagan Breeches of Casting:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...ze =960%2C663

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f... ze=738%2C459

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...ze =800%2C600 (Finished piece being shipped out)

WHM, SMN, and Conjurer are next on the list.
~ CosPod - A Cosplay Podcast for Everyone
~ The Geek Spot: All Things Geek Chic. Personal Blog.
~ Flickr Photostream ~ TifaIA Cosplay on Facebook ~ DeviantArt
tifaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2014, 03:51 PM   #95
RyukoKahuma
Cos-/Crossplayer

Hello my fellow XIV players! I just recently started on my own cosplay, the Monk artifact gear. I have eventual plans to also do BRD and WHM if I ever get the funds for it, though I will probably never get any of the weapons done... Anyways, monk will be debuted at Otafest (Calgary, AB, Canada =D), if not sooner (might get it done for a smaller con at the end of the month).

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOTSProps View Post
Just shaped out my Choral Ringbands and uhhh...now the question is "How the hell do these actually stay on?" cuz they kind of do, but once I move my hands a bit, they'll start falling off.

Guess it's tape or something, since BRDs don't wear actual gloves...
Spirit gum is really good for keeping things on! I used some to hold a gem-thingy to my chest, and it only fell off as I was gathering my stuff to leave the con for the day (that was at least 11 hours!), and one of my older sisters has used it to attach things to the backs of her hands, and by the time she was ready for it to come off, it was being extremely difficult! On the other hand, I have also used double sided tape for the same gem-thingy, since at the time I had misplaced my spirit gum, but that was only for a couple of hours.

Ragnarok Server: Nadi'to Andra
Unread 01-17-2014, 12:03 PM   #96
antoniodjzxd

Hello fellow cosplayers!!! I wanted to just mention that I made a Vanya Robe of Healing and just like the game I used "Ink Blue" as the dye color. Be sure to check it out and let me know what you think.
antoniodjzxd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2014, 04:52 PM   #97
idleEscapist

sir, I am impressed! what did you use for the gold detailing at the corners on the shoulders and bottom of the robe?
idleEscapist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2014, 07:16 PM   #98
tifaia
~Pimp Hat +1~

Quote:
Originally Posted by antoniodjzxd View Post
Hello fellow cosplayers!!! I wanted to just mention that I made a Vanya Robe of Healing and just like the game I used "Ink Blue" as the dye color. Be sure to check it out and let me know what you think.
lol. Nice touch by using "Ink Blue" as the dye. Wonderful job!
Unread 02-24-2014, 11:54 AM   #99
darkxshiki

hello everyone.
shiki nanaya- shiva -FFXI ( i have not been on in ages though)
emanuel goodfellow -ragnarok -ffxiv ( no real set time i jump on)

i am planning to make a RDM for anime expo but i have no idea where to start and cant figure certain parts how it should be done. the shoulder pads and the shin guards. and mildly the pants.

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/R..._Conc ept.jpg
using this as my reference image.

and way down the line i plan to make a BLM from FFXIV.
darkxshiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2014, 12:54 PM   #100
Morningbliss

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifaia View Post
Lilisette is done!

http://www.cosplay.com/costume/312092/

Chance of recognition? 0. But that's ok. I'll have fun with it. At the very least, someone from 11 will be represented at the Final Fantasy group shoot at my next convention in a month. A big raspberry to all of the 7 and 13 cosplayers that push the other FF games out of the picture. >.>
Awww you look so cute! I've been a long time FFXI player who switch to FFXIV when it came out. Lilisette is such a sweet character... however I would die to see a Lady Lilith cosplay.. *.*
Morningbliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2014, 08:07 AM   #101
tifaia
~Pimp Hat +1~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morningbliss View Post
Awww you look so cute! I've been a long time FFXI player who switch to FFXIV when it came out. Lilisette is such a sweet character... however I would die to see a Lady Lilith cosplay.. *.*
Oh, you mean like this? http://www.cosplay.com/costume/426907/

And sorry for the late response! I don't pop up here as much as I use to. lol
Unread 05-25-2014, 07:52 PM   #102
tifaia
~Pimp Hat +1~

Showing off the Summoner gear from FF14: https://www.facebook.com/TifaIACospl...type=3&theater

Unread 05-28-2014, 10:44 PM   #103
cotton770

hello lovely people~
i'm not sure if this is the right place. or if i should post in another board. but i'm having a whm relic outfit from FFXIV commissioned. she is just doing the outfit, so i'm trying to find the accessories. gloves, the bags, belt, and boots. i also want to make a thyrus.

i noticed ViaSapientis on here made an outfit and talked about making the thyrus. my dad and his friend are going to make the base out of wood, while having the staff part be the handle of a rake or a broom. i'm pretty new to making weapons. i was wondering what would be the best to make the thyrus from? what kind of paint would be best? how to get the blue orb thing in there, or what should i use for it?

ideas on the circlet-looking belt would be great too. and if anyone has any ideas on where to get those tiny bags. this weekend i'm going out looking for them, but any suggestions are great.

for the gloves i was going to get a pair of white cotton dress gloves, then cut it so it's in a point, like the top of a triangle. any ideas on how to do that so it doesn't fall apart or stay on my hands?

i'm pretty open on the budget, though cheaper the better. my apartment is my workspace. or i could possibly borrow the engineer workshop at work.

cotton770 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2014, 04:23 AM   #104
idleEscapist

Just thought I'd throw this up here~
idleEscapist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2014, 11:20 AM   #105
Ghai

Im working on a group for Nekocon, but the only problem is deciding my own artifact armor to make XD. My main class and love is the MNK, and while that should be the obvious and more likely go too, that Warrior Artifact Armor is just so sexy...

As of now though the group is a White Mage, Scholar, Monk (assuming I don't just go Warrior) and wahtever I feel like making my fiance. I'm going to be starting soon (meant to last week >_<) and will be putting up progress picks whenever I remember.
Ghai is offline   Reply With Quote