Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Masquerade / Skit Discussion

Unread 03-24-2014, 12:28 AM   #1
TitanSlayer000
Eh

I can't decide on which thing to do

So this is probably my 20th post in here. I feel needy. Oh well.

Anyway, I'm seriously stuck on what to do for my next con. I recently did a Sailor Moon skit and won 2nd place for it. My friend suggested just doing it again, but I don't know if I should. The con doesn't have any rules against re-using something that won but I'm still not sure.
I might be doing a One Piece cosplay with my boyfriend, so maybe we can do something with that.
The cosplay I'll be wearing to the main day of the con is Althea from Luminous Arc. But I don't think I can do a skit with that.
It's just me and him, so it has to be a one or two person thing.
TitanSlayer000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-31-2014, 06:14 PM   #2
chiagirl
Sheena Cosplayer

Well it depends. If you're planning on doing the sailor moon skit again at the same convention where you got 2nd place for it, then I'd adivise against it unless you're entering exhibition (which makes you ineligible for awards and is mostly just to show off or have fun). Reson is because it already placed there once so you should try something different to give others a chance and keep the judges from being bored.

Now of you want to do the skit again at a different convention I think that would be fine so long as the convention is either larger than the one where you placed with it or you enter in a higher skill division. That way you require more skill to win with it again as you either are competing against more people or competing against a higher skill level of people.
chiagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2014, 09:57 PM   #3
TitanSlayer000
Eh

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiagirl View Post

Now of you want to do the skit again at a different convention I think that would be fine so long as the convention is either larger than the one where you placed with it or you enter in a higher skill division. That way you require more skill to win with it again as you either are competing against more people or competing against a higher skill level of people.
It's for a different con, but about the same size. None of the cons in my area actually have divisions though. People are only separated by whether they're doing a skit or not.
Unread 04-01-2014, 02:10 AM   #4
Midnight Dawn

You're more then welcomed in doing the same skit. But if you're expecting in getting placed again then don't expect too much. It would be more for fun then anything else.
Midnight Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2014, 05:34 PM   #5
TitanSlayer000
Eh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Dawn View Post
It would be more for fun then anything else.
Pretty much that.I have so much going on before this con I just don't have the time to put together another skit. I'm having a hard enough time finishing my next cosplay in time.