Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Introductions

Unread 04-01-2014, 09:03 PM   #1
FlashRaptor

New and over my head

Hi, I am new to any kind of costuming. I started doing anything like this when I made a Mjolnir and Thunderstrike. I had huge praises for them, even though I was not happy with them. I have since made more, had them signed at Wizardworld, and thats when I realized the incredible fun of cosplay. I did not dress in character, but I saw the fun and felt the energy! I am a parent, and my young children had such a great time, they want costumes and look eagerly to go to another con. I am going to try making a US Agent uniform, based on the Captain America the first Avenger costume, and have ample creativity and resources, as I am a huge hobbyist, wood worker, crafter...well alot of ADD hobbys >.<. My kids want things too that when I develop the set of skills to create what I want, I can easily transfer them into what they want also. I am terribly excited and eager to get this ball rolling!
FlashRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-01-2014, 09:34 PM   #2
Ilafatyu
That guy

Ah, costuming. The hobby where no matter how long you're involved, you always feel like you're in over your head. Already having a variety of hobbies is great for a costumer just starting out. Have you sewed before? With all the woodworking and crafting you already have under your belt, it probably won't take too long before you're comfortable with another creative skill.

Anyway, welcome to the forum. If you have any questions or need help with anything, don't hesitate to browse through or put up a new thread if you can't find an answer.

facebook // dA
Want to help create a US anime convention map?
PM me your local conventions to add to the map

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS
Lie Ren (RWBY) - 3%
Connie (SnK) - 1%
Ilafatyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2014, 09:52 PM   #3
FlashRaptor

I have sewn or sewen, or have done some sewing in my time. Novice but still, have some super duper machine and know the basics for what it will take. For this, I do believe I have the required skill set to sew what I need >.<
FlashRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote