Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Gundam

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 44 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 08-29-2012, 02:51 PM   #331
zenithvsp
Ark Industries

Pilot, thank you for the information!

Celticloki, your helmets look fantastic! Keep up the great work and we hope to see your progress unfold!

Poni, great to hear that you're still on the road of Gundam Cosplay!
As far as your request, what kind of information are you in need of? I had a little trouble understanding

-Jarred

Cosplay Project(s) 2012 -- Southern California:
U N D E R - C O N S T R U C T I O N

zenithvsp is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-07-2012, 03:32 PM   #332
Pona

Poni, great to hear that you're still on the road of Gundam Cosplay!
As far as your request, what kind of information are you in need of? I had a little trouble understanding

-Jarred[/quote]

ammm

I need information on making a platform about 30-35 centimeters in height. Gundam after I realized that I needed stability and good mobility in the movement. somehow improve my old platform, or are in any drawings of something new. Ou know, I participated in Euro kosplay of Latvia, it was great
Pona is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2012, 04:00 PM   #333
Pona

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUyr9GGcd0k
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKEFJuroNno
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nI7s9pUP6V8

My costume
Pona is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2013, 01:45 PM   #334
striker0
Gunpla building expert

Been a while since someone posted here.

But I do have a quick question, and it's a matter of opinion. Is there such thing as doing a gundam cosplay that is just too big? I'm talking about suits like The O, Sazabi, and so on.
striker0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2014, 03:45 AM   #335
striker0
Gunpla building expert

Time to revive this thread!

I just finished the general construction of my gundam cosplay, the Virtue from Gundam 00. Not the best looking one in the bunch (only had 3 weeks to build the thing) and I'm getting ready to do a layer of paper mache. If nothing ties me up, I will have it finished sometime today.
Unread 02-13-2014, 03:57 AM   #336
zanderwitaz
Zprops.net

Lets see it!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Zprops/267422419967218
zanderwitaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2014, 06:44 PM   #337
striker0
Gunpla building expert

Sadly, it didn't last a full day. My left foot gave out and I tumbled, destroying half of the cosplay. The worst part about it all? I was mere feet away from entering the main events room for the masquerade contest.

But here it is nonetheless.
Unread 03-07-2014, 01:43 PM   #338
zenithvsp
Ark Industries

Quote:
Originally Posted by striker0 View Post
Been a while since someone posted here.

But I do have a quick question, and it's a matter of opinion. Is there such thing as doing a gundam cosplay that is just too big? I'm talking about suits like The O, Sazabi, and so on.
Actually yes, I do think that there's such a thing as a suit that is just "too big" -- that is, to make and to wear. However, it is most certainly possible to do. Take for instance my brother, he's making the FAZZ and yeah.. that thing is huge. Just the torso, shoulders, and arms look gigantic. It doesn't even have its backpack yet!

Quote:
Time to revive this thread!

I just finished the general construction of my gundam cosplay, the Virtue from Gundam 00. Not the best looking one in the bunch (only had 3 weeks to build the thing) and I'm getting ready to do a layer of paper mache. If nothing ties me up, I will have it finished sometime today.
Yes, let's do!
Everything's a work in progress and I hope that we can document some of it on here, even if that means posting a new thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanderwitaz View Post
Lets see it!
Zander, where have you been man?! Jeeze it's been awhile.
I see that you've been hovering around your old GM project there on FB, good stuff

Quote:
Sadly, it didn't last a full day. My left foot gave out and I tumbled, destroying half of the cosplay. The worst part about it all? I was mere feet away from entering the main events room for the masquerade contest.

But here it is nonetheless.
Ah that's unfortunate to hear!
Did you "battle-test" the suit before the event?
It sucks when the suit is completed and there isn't a proper/thorough evaluation to test for function until the day-of because of the fear of messing it up before. I've seen this numerous times to other folks, but I will say that I do understand why it does happen. So all we can do is try to build using conventional techniques, simple logic, and durable materials with little improvising in order to construct something durable -- if you can't get it rigid, then make it so that it utilizes flexibility on key components to reduce possible failure. These are some key things that I need to adhere to because I do find myself occasionally cutting corners and improvising where I shouldn't in order to meet a deadline on a specific set of timelines. Oh the painful irony!

Well at any rate, I think that the new technologies are going to give us a run for our money.

Cosplay Project(s) 2012 -- Southern California:
U N D E R - C O N S T R U C T I O N

Last edited by zenithvsp : 03-07-2014 at 02:31 PM.
zenithvsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2014, 10:43 PM   #339
striker0
Gunpla building expert

It was indeed battle tested, but sadly, accidents do happen. Like I said, my left foot gave way. And when I say my left foot, not only do I mean the cosplay, but my actual left foot itself. My left leg in general has been through several accidents, from being run over by a car, and then being in a automobile accident. For me to continue to do these mecha cosplays, I've been doing research, and improving on my technique over time. And with what happened, I realized what I need to do for next time.
Unread 04-01-2014, 10:29 PM   #340
striker0
Gunpla building expert

So as I do more research on refining my technique, this is what I have settled on.

Phase out cardboard entirely.
Make the measurements far more accurate.
Use mixed media (foam mats and craft foam).
Work more on my wiring so I can utilize LEDs.

I am slowly but surely gathering the material for my next cosplay, and I will be able to start some time in May, leaving me about 6-7 months to get the entire thing done. And I have also decided on what to make.

This is Beargguy III from Gundam Build Fighters. I think it's a simple design, but also something that just screams adorable. I mean, who wouldn't love to see this walking around a convention, or even just in public?
Unread 04-01-2014, 11:57 PM   #341
zanderwitaz
Zprops.net

Quote:
So as I do more research on refining my technique, this is what I have settled on.

Phase out cardboard entirely.
Make the measurements far more accurate.
Use mixed media (foam mats and craft foam).
Work more on my wiring so I can utilize LEDs.

I am slowly but surely gathering the material for my next cosplay, and I will be able to start some time in May, leaving me about 6-7 months to get the entire thing done. And I have also decided on what to make.

This is Beargguy III from Gundam Build Fighters. I think it's a simple design, but also something that just screams adorable. I mean, who wouldn't love to see this walking around a convention, or even just in public?

You must do this! you might even be able to find a mascot outfit to start with, and just build the arms.

@zenithvsp Im doing my best to get it ready for fanime! The legs are a pain, but thats all there is left to do at least!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Zprops/267422419967218
zanderwitaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2014, 11:53 PM   #342
striker0
Gunpla building expert

I've decided to dial it back a little, and I'm going with one of the easier suits to build, the RGM-79 GM. I have been working on the blue prints for the cosplay, and gathering the building material. I'm hoping to start in June if everything works out, but there is a chance it'll be started in July.
Unread 06-17-2014, 01:13 PM   #343
Pilot
Transform and roll out!

Hey all, it's been a while!

I just wanted to let you all know, at the risk of sounding spammy, that my forum (previously TransCostumers) has moved and it's shaping up to be pretty lovin' awesome: http://assembly-line.net (There's a lot of timing out, but that should be resolved before BotCon this weekend.)

Feel free to join or whatever, but another question I have is this. I want to populate the resource pages with new links, so if any of you have any favorite tutorials or stores where you buy the stuff to make your cosplays, please do share them!
Unread 07-25-2014, 11:59 PM   #344
striker0
Gunpla building expert

So on July 25, 2014, I have officially started working on my gundam cosplay. I decided to stick with Gundam 00 after all, but instead of the bulky Gundam Virtue, I'm going with the season 2 Seraphim Gundam because that is another favorite of mine.

I was able to salvage the feet portion, seeing as it's solid wood, and will be able to adapt the foot design. Right now, I'm primarily working on templates. I also plan on debuting this cosplay at LCAD 2015.

In case some of you don't know what Seraphim looks like, or forgot, here's the model I'm basing it on.

[IMG][/IMG]

And here's the platforms of the feet.
[IMG][/IMG]

I have the template for the bottom of the feet done, next is the lower calves. I'm going to try and make as many of the templates as possible during this week so I know how much more craftfoam I will need to buy.