Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Seeking Cosplayers

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 53 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 03-23-2014, 11:19 AM   #2896
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

Ayaasan: It is so pretty! I can't wait to actually make my jacket out of this fabric! Hopefully by the end of this week I'll actually make my jacket and FINALLY cut out the fabric and make the actual dress for my Dark Zelda cosplay. I'm so scared of cutting it out haha

I can't wait until after Wondercon to see pictures of it all complete!

W.I.P:
Queen Mikasa - AoT 20%
Dark Zelda - SSBB 30%
Wings of Counterattack!Mikasa - AoT 25%
Judy Skellington - Nightmare before Christmas 10%
Tinkerbell - Disney 5%

Planned:
Black Canary - DC Bombshell
Nonon Jakuzure - Kill La Kill 5%
Lana - Hyrule Warriors
Lisa Garland - Silent Hill
Queen Serenity - Sailor Moon
Vergil(genderbent): DMC:5
LinkPwnsGanon is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-24-2014, 05:09 PM   #2897
ayaasan

Oh, my gosh!! Best day EVER! My Snow White wig arrived, and I can't stop gushing about how adorable it is And then I get these pics in my inbox:

Cape

Mesh Shirt

And Astrid is DONE! Finished up the armor, and it so perfect I can't even. Each stud is hand-set and hammered into place, and then painted, weathered, and glossed. Last preview shot until after Wonder-con

Last edited by ayaasan : 03-26-2014 at 09:34 PM.
ayaasan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2014, 09:57 PM   #2898
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

Wow you did such an amazing job on the armor, I'm jealous! I think armor is gonna be the last thing I wanna do for my Zelda cosplay haha xD

W.I.P:
Queen Mikasa - AoT 20%
Dark Zelda - SSBB 30%
Tinkerbell - Disney 5%

Planned:
Lana - Hyrule Warriors
Unread 03-27-2014, 10:28 PM   #2899
ayaasan

Link:Thank-you!! I LOVE working with armor--I need an armor intensive costume since I miss working with it. My friend teased me, saying I should work on Xena, and you know, I just might
Unread 03-28-2014, 12:50 AM   #2900
taylormurch

I love all your guys' updates. Keep it up!
I posted this on the Zelda thread, but I'll share my progress with my San Diego people.

I'm practically done with the little kiddies' Skyloft Link and Zelda costumes. Voila!

My first canon cosplays, yaayy.
taylormurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2014, 11:30 AM   #2901
ayaasan

Taylor: Those look awesome! I can't wait to see y'all at Wondercon!!

Only two and a half weeks to go! Wooo!

And after talking with my cosplay buddy, we officially worked out plans for the rest of the year until Wonder Con next year! Woot! I mainly wanted to do this so that I can stay focused on budget and not spend unnecessary money on a costume I change my mind on.

-Jane Porter (for sure, Mickey's Halloween Party!)

-Captain Hook (along with my friends as Tiger Lily and Schmee--anyone interested in joining in? We'd love a Tinkerbell, Peter Pan, Lost Boys, Wendy, etc! ^.^)

-Martian Queen Cheryl (along with a Lana and an Archer)--I get to make a masking tape covered plunge push-up corset for more modesty, a bubble wrap petticoat skirt and a CD and bubble wrap fascinator. What's not to love?

-Dr. Mrs the Monarch (Yes, finally doing this costume!! )

EDIT: Elsa's corset is almost done!!

Last edited by ayaasan : 03-29-2014 at 11:03 AM.
Unread 03-29-2014, 06:00 PM   #2902
taylormurch

Thanks, ayaasan!
Loving your future cosplay plans. And amazing Elsa corset, wow!
Now, will your Peter Pan group be attending a con? It sounds fun!

So, today I mourn the death of my Ghirahim cosplay. Sigh. The diamond cut-outs ran too big and I cannot wear it, nor do I have time to order another body suit and figure it out again before WonderCon. I'm heartbroken. Cried real tears. I had everything else, too! I guess there's always Anime Expo and Comic-Con to be Ghirahim.
But maybe it's for the best. I didn't get into the kind of shape I wanted to be for Ghirahim (two months of working out and eating right, and no real change in my body. Turns out, that was the fault of some meds. Ugh. The worst).
Now I have to pick myself up and make a whole new cosplay for WonderCon. Ngfhfpogohkofdgdf.
I'm going to brainstorm with my usual cosplay partner (who won't be going with me, though), so I'll let you guys know if I come up with anything else, but so far my only real idea is a female Ganondorf because I was going to do that for Anime Expo. But, I don't know. My heart is completely deflated, and although I love Ocarina of Time, which is the Ganondorf I would genderbend, HE'S NOT GIHRAHIM T-T
IS THIS WHAT BREAKING UP FEELS LIKE.
Haha. Just kidding.

Last edited by taylormurch : 03-29-2014 at 06:09 PM.
Unread 03-29-2014, 06:47 PM   #2903
ayaasan

Taylor: Thank-you!!~ Peter Pan group will be Wonder Con 2015, but we'll probably finish before then for pictures

And Elsa is ALMOST DONE! Just need to hem the skirt, sew on some missing sequins and sew in the zipper. I know the skirt is originally lined in dark blue satin, but it actually made the skirt too heavy and made the drape look weird. So unlined and serged seams ahoy!
I'm sooo excited for my wig commission!

And impromptu makeup test! I used my Daenerys wig since it's the same color as the one I commissioned

Last edited by ayaasan : 03-29-2014 at 09:38 PM.
Unread 04-01-2014, 01:21 AM   #2904
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

Taylor: Everything looks flippin fantastic! I can't wait to see pictures of them wearing it! Oh and I'm sorry to hear about your Ghirahim cosplay, it's a real bummer

Ayaasan: Is looking even more fantastic! Oh and my younger sister is a big fan of Archer so I'm sure she'd love to see all of that finished!

and actually just recently I tried on my mock up dress for my Dark Zelda dress and just ended up not liking how it turned out, so I'm remaking it all over again and hoping I can get it the way I want it. If not then I'll just make it to the way it's shown in the game :I

W.I.P:
Queen Mikasa - AoT 20%
Dark Zelda - SSBB 30%
Tinkerbell - Disney 5%

Planned:
Lana - Hyrule Warriors
Unread 04-02-2014, 12:57 AM   #2905
ayaasan

Holy Shitsnacks...Less than two weeks to go!~ I just need to sew the zipper in Elsa's skirt, add some more glitter to my ice heels and the snaps for the cape and other than waiting for the wig she's done 0.o.

I'm also thinking about bringing my Jedi Knight with me, since I need a comfy costume for Saturday night. I REALLY want to bring Boushh, but I don't have enough packing space and don't want to lug around an extra duffel for the soft parts, the blaster rifle and a box for the helmet and shoulder armor @.@

Also currently mulling over adding Madeline Hatter as my final costume...the design is just adorable!!

Last edited by ayaasan : 04-02-2014 at 09:56 PM.
Unread 04-04-2014, 09:34 AM   #2906
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

Ayaasan: Aww that design is adorable!

so last night I worked on a whole new different cosplay that wasn't suppose to be made this year. But I had the fabric and my other cosplays that I was working on were getting me frustrated so I just did it to get my mind off of them. And since I was already Sailor Mercury I decided to be my other favorite scout which is Sailor Pluto xD

W.I.P:
Queen Mikasa - AoT 20%
Dark Zelda - SSBB 30%
Tinkerbell - Disney 5%

Planned:
Lana - Hyrule Warriors
Unread 04-04-2014, 02:04 PM   #2907
ayaasan

Link: Loving the progress! Are you going to make the staff? I would totally cosplay as Hotaru if I weren't so busty--I avoid my binder as much as possible :P

And a week and a half and I couldn't need this vacation more. Thursdays and Fridays I now work from 8:30 am to 8:30 pm with both jobs @.@ I'm glad I have Saturdays off--I plan on sleeping in super late, and then I have to majorly clean up my sewing room/bedroom. It looks like the Art Supply Warehouse and Yardage Town had a baby and it got sick all over, which is driving me insane since I'm usually such a neat freak *ack* Just need some finishing touches, and then seeing if I can finally finish Lord Monochromicorn so that I can carry him around, and make some fake snowballs.
Unread 04-04-2014, 02:53 PM   #2908
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

Aww it would have been great to have you as Hotaru! And I do plan to have the staff with me, just still wondering if I should try making it myself or having it commissioned....leaning towards having it commissioned though haha! xD

Oh yes, I remember the last time we saw a photo of Lord Monochromoicon he was legless xD can't wait to see a photo of him completed!

W.I.P:
Queen Mikasa - AoT 20%
Dark Zelda - SSBB 30%
Tinkerbell - Disney 5%

Planned:
Lana - Hyrule Warriors
Unread 04-05-2014, 12:21 PM   #2909
ayaasan

*ugh* Working around kids all day, you'd think I'd have a stronger immune system--I'm fighting a full-blown cold and so I just did the bare minimum today and finished Elsa since she just needed snap attachments and a zipper sewn in. So, basically--other than props and waiting on two commissions--I'm ready for Wondercon!

And the fabric for Gumball was sooo pretty that I couldn't bring myself to use it for his pants, so I'm saving it for when I finally get around to making Aurora. Instead I found a pair of fuchsia velvet pants on ebay for $10 :P
Unread 04-05-2014, 03:56 PM   #2910
taylormurch

Does anyone know where I can get easy-cut foam mats for a foam sword? I found a tutorial that said to use that, but I can't seem to find them--I got foam mats from Target that didn't say "easy-cut" or anything and they were, well, difficult to cut (go figure).
Oh yeah, in other news, I'm being a fem Fierce Deity Link! And I still have to make the wings for my Loftwing cosplay. Meep.