Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Reply
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3859 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 04-01-2014, 06:23 PM   #81856
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle
 
BlondieSundae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 10,189
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc_The_Lad View Post
I always do, It's pretty much gone away by now.

Rarely get sick, lasts about a day or two.

This cold though, I had two friends get it, it's a "act like it went away then come back a week or two later" kind of cold, AKA a piece of shit who will die alone.
Could be last strains of the flu, attempting to claim more victims
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
Once upon an evening dreary, while I lurked weak and weary,
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten posts,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a bitching,
As of some one gently pitching, bitching at my chamber door.
`'Tis JasonTerror,' I muttered, `bitching at my chamber door -
Only this, and nothing more.'
BlondieSundae is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Unread 04-01-2014, 06:28 PM   #81857
Arc_The_Lad
of Daventry
 
Arc_The_Lad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 6,671
No symptoms of a flu in all three of us, probably just some random hobo cold.

I just hate being sick because the way it affects me, I can't really tell if I'm tired or not.
Arc_The_Lad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2014, 06:28 PM   #81858
Squeaker-Ed
*choo choo* :3
 
Squeaker-Ed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 3,533
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondieSundae View Post
They asked it to be tagged as hannibal because it "upset them" I still think that such a harmless thing needing to be tagged is confusing at best

if you want to know what it is it's here- http://sayyouwillsayyouwont.tumblr.com/post/81399533158

I personally find it ludicrous and I barely tag anything that isn't legitimately damaging l (like rape, cutting warning, suicide, gore) and I hardly ever reblog hannibal

I had someone come on my blog and bitch about me not tagging homestuck because they didn't wanna see it. Cool, unfollow buttons over there because it's my blog you can fuck right off.

Edit- Apparently it's about how "jokes about cannibalism upset her" IT'S A JOKE ABOUT HANNY BEING SUPER OBVIOUS NOT ABOUT EATING PEOPLE. HE IS LITERALLY SO OBVIOUS
Oh yah, there's nothing even remotely bad about that. I mean, I understand the whole tagging thing (I don't tag often for the more graphic things, but stuff like Homestuck and Don't Hug Me I'm Scared I will usually tag for), but reacting like that is a tad over-the-top given how the post is. (I will concede that human cannibalism is legitimately nasty and I'm not fond of it either, but it doesn't affect me to the degree it affects her.)
__________________
"Something something 'gingers', something something 'blondes', something something 'just adMIT YOU'RE ATTRACTED TO CURLY HAIR ALREADY'." "..... MAYBE."

DEBATING: Zobiko (House of the Dead EX), Alyssa Hamilton (Clock Tower 3)
PLANNED: Lisa Rogan (House of the Dead III), Jem (Jem and the Holograms), IT'S A SECRET {x3} (Assorted)
IN PROGRESS: Spike (Ape Escape), Pearl {x3}, Rusty, & Dinah (Starlight Express), Aoi & Junko (Dangan Ronpa)
Twitter/Tumblr/Facebook
Squeaker-Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2014, 06:36 PM   #81859
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle
 
BlondieSundae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 10,189
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeaker-Ed View Post
Oh yah, there's nothing even remotely bad about that. I mean, I understand the whole tagging thing (I don't tag often for the more graphic things, but stuff like Homestuck and Don't Hug Me I'm Scared I will usually tag for), but reacting like that is a tad over-the-top given how the post is. (I will concede that human cannibalism is legitimately nasty and I'm not fond of it either, but it doesn't affect me to the degree it affects her.)
It's fiction.... if fiction can make you feel squeamish in your daily life then well.... it's done it's job... but you shouldn't shudder over carving turkey breast because of a show... (sh legitimately said this)

I ain't gonna tag homestuck... dislike it too bad it's my blog and I like it. I find being demanded to tag things kinda shitty, unless it's a legitimate thing that can upset you by causing intense flashbacks
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
Once upon an evening dreary, while I lurked weak and weary,
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten posts,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a bitching,
As of some one gently pitching, bitching at my chamber door.
`'Tis JasonTerror,' I muttered, `bitching at my chamber door -
Only this, and nothing more.'
BlondieSundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2014, 08:34 PM   #81860
Bisected8
All glory to hypnoturtle!
 
Bisected8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 9,673
I just watched the movie "April Fools Day" with a bunch of people from TVT.

If I ever meet the producers, I'm demanding my 90 minutes back.
__________________
Me on deviantArt.
Me on TV Tropes.
Me on twitter.

To do; Dark Link (80%) Link (20%)

Can't write, can't draw. Can code, a little.
Bisected8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2014, 08:45 PM   #81861
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast
 
ShinobiXikyu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 13,130
Is it worse than the lego movie? Good god, I think I got brain damage just watching the TRAILER for it.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moofingham View Post
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2014, 09:14 PM   #81862
Squeaker-Ed
*choo choo* :3
 
Squeaker-Ed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 3,533
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondieSundae View Post
It's fiction.... if fiction can make you feel squeamish in your daily life then well.... it's done it's job... but you shouldn't shudder over carving turkey breast because of a show... (sh legitimately said this)

I ain't gonna tag homestuck... dislike it too bad it's my blog and I like it. I find being demanded to tag things kinda shitty, unless it's a legitimate thing that can upset you by causing intense flashbacks
I just tag it because some people are tired of seeing it everywhere. (Just like DHMIS; when that shit had its sudden burst in popularity, people got tired of it quick so I tagged for those that had it blocked even tho I rarely reblogged stuff from it.)
__________________
"Something something 'gingers', something something 'blondes', something something 'just adMIT YOU'RE ATTRACTED TO CURLY HAIR ALREADY'." "..... MAYBE."

DEBATING: Zobiko (House of the Dead EX), Alyssa Hamilton (Clock Tower 3)
PLANNED: Lisa Rogan (House of the Dead III), Jem (Jem and the Holograms), IT'S A SECRET {x3} (Assorted)
IN PROGRESS: Spike (Ape Escape), Pearl {x3}, Rusty, & Dinah (Starlight Express), Aoi & Junko (Dangan Ronpa)
Twitter/Tumblr/Facebook
Squeaker-Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2014, 09:16 PM   #81863
Oniigiri_Basket
Fangirl Extraordinaire
 
Oniigiri_Basket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,364
I'm very good friends online-wise with two girls, one from England and one from Germany, and have been for about six years now. All three of us have always been in contact and have wanted to meet for awhile. I decided recently to go to Otakon in Baltimore and thought it would be an awesome opportunity, so I invited them to come with me and they are! I'm so excited!

We'll be staying for four days, and we'll be heading to places like Little Italy and staying in this really nice hotel (totally worth the $900+ to stay there if reviews and pictures are any indication). It's also the girl from Germany's birthday the Friday of the trip, so I'll be thinking up some nice surprises for her and things we can do to celebrate.

I'm just very, very excited to finally get to meet them in person and fneeifnerifnreriengi.
__________________
Fandom Fest 2014 cosplay: Kiki (Kiki's Delivery Service), Sayaka Miki [mermaid] (Madoka Magica)

MCM London Comic Expo cosplay: Kiki (Kiki's Delivery Service), Nagisa Momoe (Madoka Magica)

ALA cosplay: Kiki (Kiki's Delivery Service), Snow White (Zombie Panic in Wonderland)

2015 conventions: Anime Los Angeles, Anime Central, Japan Expo
Oniigiri_Basket is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2014, 10:15 PM   #81864
figment1986
Part of Figmentsmedia
 
figment1986's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,168
I've been enjoying a staycation (that involves working...) at the new hotel at universal... so much fun! hotel has pros and cons but it's been enjoyable. Got to bowl, drink, enjoy the pool, drink, hang out with friends, and... have fun and be sociable for the first time in ages with my friends in the media industry.
__________________
Social Media:
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/realfigmentsmedia
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/figmentsmedia

Big Cons planning to Attend: (This does not include smaller cons like Anime Day)
Grand Brony Galla
Fanboy Expo (Tampa)
Mythicon
ShadoCon
RANGERSTOP's Superhero Toy & Comic Con November
Holiday Matsuri
figment1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2014, 10:46 PM   #81865
VulsaviiK
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 645
That awesome moment when you get a message from your landlord to say that the housemate who causes issues is looking to move out within the next week. Fuckyeah.jpg

In other news, silly me went tried to go to class today and then I realized that apparently my classes only run every second week. So that technically means tomorrow became a free day. I might move my bedroom around, bed in middle of room = virtually no space. Especially with draws, shelves and 2 desks also in said room. If only this room had a wardrobe things would be far easier methinks...
VulsaviiK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2014, 11:01 PM   #81866
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast
 
ShinobiXikyu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 13,130
^ I would have so much extra space in my room if I didn't have a double bed (my room's 10 and a half by 14 feet with one odd-angled wall, not bad, bigger than my room when I lived with my dad but smaller than at mom's. But the housemates are good with not touching stuff kept out in the living room or whatnot and there's a storage closet in the hallway). But my boyfriend comes over a lot so it was needed. On the plus side, it's also a trundle bed with storage drawers and a headboard with storage shelves, so I didn't lose much extra space. Seriously, best furniture shopping trip ever- I took three steps into the bed section and BAM. "IT'S PERFECT!" Got a deal on it for getting the full set plus a mattress and paid half in cash...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moofingham View Post
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2014, 11:16 PM   #81867
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle
 
BlondieSundae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 10,189
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeaker-Ed View Post
I just tag it because some people are tired of seeing it everywhere. (Just like DHMIS; when that shit had its sudden burst in popularity, people got tired of it quick so I tagged for those that had it blocked even tho I rarely reblogged stuff from it.)
Eh, I think people just like to bitch about homestuck
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
Once upon an evening dreary, while I lurked weak and weary,
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten posts,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a bitching,
As of some one gently pitching, bitching at my chamber door.
`'Tis JasonTerror,' I muttered, `bitching at my chamber door -
Only this, and nothing more.'
BlondieSundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2014, 11:58 PM   #81868
Squeaker-Ed
*choo choo* :3
 
Squeaker-Ed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 3,533
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondieSundae View Post
Eh, I think people just like to bitch about homestuck
That too. If anything, it's picked on more than other "target fandoms" (depending on situation).
__________________
"Something something 'gingers', something something 'blondes', something something 'just adMIT YOU'RE ATTRACTED TO CURLY HAIR ALREADY'." "..... MAYBE."

DEBATING: Zobiko (House of the Dead EX), Alyssa Hamilton (Clock Tower 3)
PLANNED: Lisa Rogan (House of the Dead III), Jem (Jem and the Holograms), IT'S A SECRET {x3} (Assorted)
IN PROGRESS: Spike (Ape Escape), Pearl {x3}, Rusty, & Dinah (Starlight Express), Aoi & Junko (Dangan Ronpa)
Twitter/Tumblr/Facebook
Squeaker-Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2014, 01:44 AM   #81869
VulsaviiK
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 645
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinobiXikyu View Post
But the housemates are good with not touching stuff kept out in the living room or whatnot
That's not so much the issue. The issue is that she's stuck up and from a well-off family, and "Daddy" (Her stepfather) has a lot of money. I don't like her because she's forever bragging about how much money her family has, and she's generally speaking - a bitch.

See, I know that I have some at times, hobbies and interests that aren't exactly common, even among, I'm going to throw down these words, even though I despise them, nerds and geeks. I watch pro starcraft games, and some of my housemates have recently taken interest in that. So we've been watching proleague in the loungeroom together. She actually called it stupid, and couldn't understand we were actually watching a national sport in another country. But she didn't get it, therefore, she felt the need to hate on it, and was extremely rude about this fact.

That's why I'm glad she's moving out. Plus, she started bitching about me behind my back almost as soon as I moved into this house. And she's messy. On the off chance she actually decides to cook instead of buying takeout, its usually left to others to clean up after her
VulsaviiK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2014, 08:41 AM   #81870
TheAnarCHris
Overrated
 
TheAnarCHris's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 13,346
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeaker-Ed View Post
That too. If anything, it's picked on more than other "target fandoms" (depending on situation).
Yo, I think that goes to MLP. Rightfully so with some Bronies mind yo. MRA and such.

Tax return finally came, which means I need to NOT blow it all on lobsters, Diablos and cocaines. Am picking up an Ipad on the cheap thou.
__________________
Stalk me on twitter! @theanarchris, THEN IMMEDIATELY REGRET YOUR DECISION!

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:41 PM.


Copyright 2002-2013 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.