Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Otakon

Unread 04-06-2014, 12:47 PM   #1
8bitorange
Fruity & Delicious

"Tales of" at Otakon 2014

I've yet to see a thread dedicated to trying to orchestrate a meet up/photoshoot for the "Tales of" for this upcoming Otakon, so here we are!

Executive decision has been made, again! Hopefully we won't have the rug pulled form underneath us again!

The photoshoots are on

Friday at 11AM, at the Outside Terrace. It is an Otakon OFFICIAL photoshoot

Saturday at 4PM at the Skywalk plaza. If you leave from the Charles St lobby's second floor entrance/exit, it is the large plaza that the Hyatt Regency hotel connects to (right before the the skywalk leads behind the outdoor fountains and to the mall with Noodles and Co in it.)

For those who need a visual, the area can be seen here and here.

If you see any Tales cosplayers, please invite them!

Official photoshoots are hosted by Otakon staff/volunteers, and RoseofBattle and myself will be handling the Saturday shoot for the most part, I believe.

Hope to see you all there!

Last edited by 8bitorange : 07-11-2014 at 06:15 PM. Reason: Otakon rule change
8bitorange is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-08-2014, 10:11 PM   #2
ScarletPromise
Saniphix

Ion

I'll be cosplaying Ion from TOA.
ScarletPromise is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2014, 02:36 AM   #3
HimeZelda
A Match Made in Hyrule

Cosplaying as Shing and Kohak/Amber from Tales of Hearts on Friday with my husband

NYCC 2014:
Friday:Kor/Shing x Kohaku from Tales of Hearts

AnimeNEXT 2015:
Friday:Cless and Mint from Tales of Phantasia
Saturday:Link and (Queen Version)Zelda from The Legend of Zelda: a Link to the Past
HimeZelda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2014, 01:29 PM   #4
Lyn
ginga bishonen

I'll be doing both Zelos from Symphonia and Richard from Graces this year though not sure which days for each yet.
Lyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2014, 09:56 AM   #5
Rose of Battle
lolwut

I'm bringing Leia from Tales of Xillia 2 and perhaps one other Tales costume -- maybe Cheria from Graces. Not sure which days for what yet! But Leia is definitely coming with me.

It'd be great to have photoshoots for both Friday and Saturday at the same time/location as always. I think the plan is usually to try to get the indoor fountains, but if there's too much going on there, then we relocate to the open space next to the escalators. Think we can squeeze our way into the Otakon official meet-ups? Haha.

Also if you need help with things, let me know! I'd be happy to give you a hand.

2014: Genericon, PAX East, Otakon

2015: Katsucon, Genericon, Anime Boston(?), Otakon
Rose of Battle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2014, 06:16 PM   #6
KeepsakeKey

Unless my Arya Stark cosplay doesn't work out, I won't be going as Kitty!Rita this year. But I wish you all the luck, and I'll stop by and say hi~
Unread 04-27-2014, 11:03 PM   #7
8bitorange
Fruity & Delicious

Yay! I'm definitely excited to see everyone's cosplays, and I hope we can come to a final decision soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose of Battle View Post
It'd be great to have photoshoots for both Friday and Saturday at the same time/location as always. I think the plan is usually to try to get the indoor fountains, but if there's too much going on there, then we relocate to the open space next to the escalators. Think we can squeeze our way into the Otakon official meet-ups? Haha.

Also if you need help with things, let me know! I'd be happy to give you a hand.
I definitely think the same time and place would be great, but because the Indoor Fountains are now home to the "official" photoshoots, I think we'll have to move to the area around the escalators this year. If we wanted to be on the official spreadsheet, we'd have to opt for 1 or 3PM on the 400 Level West Side on Friday, or have a later meet up on Saturday in the evening.

If we don't go official, is 3 or 4PM better? I'm leaning towards 4 because that's after the standard check in for people arriving on Friday, but if 3 is more convenient, that's fine too!

I really appreciate the offer for help! I'll probably shoot you a message over tumblr when the time draws closer :3c
Unread 05-02-2014, 12:53 PM   #8
aerialknight
vortex infinitum

Heylo, I'm bringing Wingul and my bf is going to be Alvin. >: D Which day is the photoshoot going to be on? Saturday would be better for us, or Friday evening.

Otakon 2014
Fri AM: Wingul (Booster Mode) [Tales of Xillia]
Fri PM: Freelancer Edea [Bravely Default]
Sat: Princess Garnet [Final Fantasy IX]

In Progress
Freelancer Ringabel [Bravely Default] 10% - comm.
Alvin [Tales of Xillia] 40% - comm.
Spiritmaster Victor [Bravely Default] 5%

Last edited by aerialknight : 05-02-2014 at 01:03 PM.
aerialknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2014, 01:51 PM   #9
Rose of Battle
lolwut

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8bitorange View Post
Yay! I'm definitely excited to see everyone's cosplays, and I hope we can come to a final decision soon.

I definitely think the same time and place would be great, but because the Indoor Fountains are now home to the "official" photoshoots, I think we'll have to move to the area around the escalators this year. If we wanted to be on the official spreadsheet, we'd have to opt for 1 or 3PM on the 400 Level West Side on Friday, or have a later meet up on Saturday in the evening.

If we don't go official, is 3 or 4PM better? I'm leaning towards 4 because that's after the standard check in for people arriving on Friday, but if 3 is more convenient, that's fine too!

I really appreciate the offer for help! I'll probably shoot you a message over tumblr when the time draws closer :3c
I would totally be up for it being at 4 pm on Saturday near the escalators by the fountains. Shoot me a message whenever. I am always on tumblr in some capacity.

Unread 05-30-2014, 12:20 PM   #10
8bitorange
Fruity & Delicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose of Battle View Post
I would totally be up for it being at 4 pm on Saturday near the escalators by the fountains. Shoot me a message whenever. I am always on tumblr in some capacity.
Alright! 4PM by the escalators near the fountain for Friday and Saturday!

I'm still trying to figure out what day to do Tales, but I'll definitely be in Tales cosplay for at least one of the days. I agreed to do Magi with my friend and that photoshoot is at 1PM on Saturday, so I might not have time to change out of that, but I'm still willing to emcee the shoot.
Unread 06-01-2014, 12:26 AM   #11
yori_haishi

I should be Arietta from Abyss this year!
yori_haishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2014, 09:53 AM   #12
Rose of Battle
lolwut

Both Friday and Saturday? Cool. I'm going to be cosplaying Hikaru from Magic Knight Rayearth on Friday, but I could change mid-day into another Tales costume. It will probably end up being Cheria.

Unread 06-03-2014, 10:13 PM   #13
raintempest

I shall be doing Presea if i get it all done in time.
raintempest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2014, 10:46 AM   #14
Noire-Rei

Here is the Facebook event so you guys can connect with those who don't have a cosplay.com

https://www.facebook.com/events/306750452818230/
Fri - Kagome from InuYasha, Sat - Lucy (genderbend) from Fairy Tail, Sun - Minun from Pokemon

Future Cons:
Setsucon 2015
Jaycon 2015
Clovercon 2015

Last edited by Noire-Rei : 06-10-2014 at 10:47 AM. Reason: Missed a link
Noire-Rei is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2014, 05:56 PM   #15
Veroniku
Tales Fangirl

Hello everyone! I will be cosplaying Milla Maxwell from Tales of Xillia 2! I have a part of it made but it's a huge project, gonna kick my butt and work hard to get it done in time XD

Can't wait to hang out at the shoot again this year! =3

I'm always extremely busy at Otakon so I'm sorry I can't really offer much help, but I was thinking that perhaps we could at least attempt a short outdoor escapade this year (perhaps right after the indoor shoot?). I know lots of people are not fond of the outdoor idea because a lot of Tales cosplay are a hassle and way too warm, but for those who can stand the heat for a dozen minutes it'd be great to have natural lighting for better pictures ^^ Just a thought.

I never had any pictures taken at the outdoor fountains despite the fact this will be my 7th time at Otakon lol But it doesn't have to be there, it can be at the outdoor garden on the 2nd floor too. Thought I'd lay this idea out there ^^
Veroniku is offline   Reply With Quote