Go Back   Cosplay.com > Canada Convention Forums > Anime North

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 05-27-2014, 11:55 PM   #61
QuestGiver
Giver Of Quests

Thanks Rock-e I really wnated some pics of my wizardmon and these are great
QuestGiver is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-30-2014, 09:31 PM   #62
SaikyouKira
タケル

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuestGiver View Post
Thanks Rock-e I really wnated some pics of my wizardmon and these are great
Your Wizardmon was fantastic!! That scene is always so emotional to watch and re-enact. lol

Thanks for sharing, Rock-e!
SaikyouKira is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2014, 09:15 AM   #63
xshadowmonkeyx
Miss Gogglehead

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffstar View Post
xshadowmonkeyx and N_H_Sakura5 thanks for running the photoshoot again this year. I hope everyone had a good time. Photos will be posted after the con.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaikyouKira View Post
Thanks for a great photoshoot, guys! Too bad there weren't as many Digimon cosplayers this year as there were last.

Let's make next year an epic success!
You're welcome guys, and thanks to everyone who took pictures. If you want and are on facebook, go ahead and share them onto our facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Anime...55177391244132

Too bad we didn't get a lot of cosplayers this year, if location was a factor or something else, we don't know. Part of it might have been inactivity on this thread, but I guess there was lots of other anime/fandoms going on at the same time this past year with new stuff, but I hope digimon never loses it's popularity. I always thought they need to make another series that takes elements from the original one instead of coming up with new digivolutions and concepts but maybe that's just me. I have a knack for older, classic stuff, especially when comes to movies. The modern stuff is...ehhhhhh

But oh well. I have no idea who is starting next year's thread, but as of now we both don't know our cosplay plans for next year or if I'm even able to go. I love running the shoot and meeting up with you guys, but the rest of the con for me is kind of obsolete and redundant, since I don't pay attention to new stuff right now. Plus with my job situation and depending on where I go, I could be too busy or too far especially when I don't even have a car. Sakura and I went as a group all the time with relatives driving us.

But anyways regardless we'll let you guys know what's going on. SaikyouKira has already spoken to me about helping out if one of us is unavailable next year or whatever. So having a third runner is very helpful.

Cosplays:
Anime North 2008- Holly (Monster Rancher)
Anime North 2009- May (Pokemon Advance Outfit)
Anime North 2010- May and Red (Pokemon Leafgreen/Firered)
Anime North 2011- Marcus Damon (Digimon Savers)
Anime North 2012- Tai Kamiya (Digimon Adventure) and May
Anime North 2013- Tai (Adventure)
Anime North 2014- NONE

Last edited by xshadowmonkeyx : 05-31-2014 at 09:17 AM.
xshadowmonkeyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2014, 10:00 AM   #64
Miliyah

^ if it was saikyou that mentioned that thrn finding a third person to help run wont be that much of an issue dont sweat it!
Unread 05-31-2014, 11:40 AM   #65
N_H_Sakura5
DigiDestined

I still have every intention to help run the shoot. Honestly, it would feel a bit strange if I didnt run at least one while I'm at the con, and i always do the online process of getting it in the schedule so I am cool with helping to get that done at the very least.

Now, I dont know if I'll be cosplaying Digimon, that's pretty unlikely, but my plans have not been decided yet, but I'll do my best to get this shoot advertised. I did a few times on Tumblr for both my shoots, but it seems like not a lot of people were paying attention and I had stuff going on since school ended that prevented me from continuously advertising. TCC1 is a nice location aesthetically, but it may have been hard for people to tell what shoot we were. I'm sorry about that, our location from 2013 was taken for our normal time but I'll try to get the spot in 2015.

Anyway, I'll be happy to make sure the shoot happens and help run it, I just probably won't be in Digimon Cosplay. I didn't wear my Cosplay from this year cause I was Pharaoh Atem / Yami and didnt want people to be paying more attention to me than the shoot.

I'll get to photos soon as well
Unread 06-01-2014, 01:37 PM   #66
SaikyouKira
タケル

I don't mind helping at all. If it means we can have a bigger and better shoot, then I'm down for having a hand in that!

I don't think location was a contributing factor this year. I do agree that lack of activity was a factor, and I also think the confusion about there being two shoots (ours and the one on Sunday) also led to reduced attendance to ours. I can't speak about the Sunday shoot.

I think a good approach would actually be to start up the 2015 thread a bit later in the year when other groups start rolling out their threads, as opposed to right now. We can start thinking about it, but I think there's too much of a gap between now and when AN 2015 hype really begins building, so people will forget about the shoot over time and our shoot will lose drive by the time con season rolls around again. I usually start planning for AN right after the new year starts when everyone is in a forward-thinking mindframe.

Everyone else's thoughts on this?
Unread 06-01-2014, 02:44 PM   #67
N_H_Sakura5
DigiDestined

Oh right the two shoots thing....

I looked at their page about it, and didnt realize the amount of confusion that occurred after I asked them about it a few months ago. I kind of called it that there would be a lot of confusion but i only ended up getting yelled at by someone on the event page so i didn't bother to check up again after that happened.

I dont think the thread thing matters too much if it remains active closer to the AN15 like it did two years ago. We made the 2013 thread early and we got a great outcome when we were over in TCC4. Doesn't matter to me though, I will at least make the thread over on the TeaHouse Forums so that it solidifies we're running the shoot, since all organization for the book goes on over there.
Unread 06-01-2014, 11:00 PM   #68
SaikyouKira
タケル

Quote:
Originally Posted by N_H_Sakura5 View Post
Oh right the two shoots thing....

I looked at their page about it, and didnt realize the amount of confusion that occurred after I asked them about it a few months ago. I kind of called it that there would be a lot of confusion but i only ended up getting yelled at by someone on the event page so i didn't bother to check up again after that happened.

I dont think the thread thing matters too much if it remains active closer to the AN15 like it did two years ago. We made the 2013 thread early and we got a great outcome when we were over in TCC4. Doesn't matter to me though, I will at least make the thread over on the TeaHouse Forums so that it solidifies we're running the shoot, since all organization for the book goes on over there.
That's fair. The common theme here is that it has to be active in the weeks leading up to the shoot.

The reason I don't think location matters is because the Legend of Zelda photoshoot happened in that same spot right before ours, and there was a huge turnout in both Zelda cosplayers and audience. Maybe TCC4 will give us more exposure, but I don't think it's the most important factor.
Unread 06-02-2014, 12:39 PM   #69
xshadowmonkeyx
Miss Gogglehead

Plus Tcc1 had the bleach shoot and there were a ton of people there right after you left, N_H_Sakura5. However, there's something about those trees that intrigues me..

Guess it does not matter what location we have next. They seem to alter them sometimes. But they are first come first serve so it will help if others in this thread/at the shoot give us some feedback. Which brings me to the inactivity thing. Yes, I do admit it was my fault as well that this thread was inactive. However you would figure that the FACEBOOK page would get us some advertisement... oh well.
I do agree that more activity seems to come weeks before the con.. though lately I've noticed cosplay.com hasn't been used much this year at all.

Quote:
Hmm what ever happened to that second shoot anyways? There was some confusion a few months back, but was there more confusion or something closer to the con? That might have been it too. They seemed to be particular about it on their own page and can agree that they gave some attitude about it. I can't even find it anymore.

I honestly think one of the biggest things that contributes to the turn out, big or not, is the schedule for AN itself and our timing, which there's nothing we can do if there is something going on the same time as our shoot as somebody mentioned a little bit ago on our facebook page preventing them to come. We've been hosting the shoot since.. 2012? 2011? and I remember the first time there was a smaller group too, especially when around those years Pokemon was the big hype. And within the couple years before that Digimon was kind of not there until we took over. It comes and goes I guess.

With that said, there might not have been many cosplayers, but there seems to be a lot of people taking pictures.

Cosplays:
Anime North 2008- Holly (Monster Rancher)
Anime North 2009- May (Pokemon Advance Outfit)
Anime North 2010- May and Red (Pokemon Leafgreen/Firered)
Anime North 2011- Marcus Damon (Digimon Savers)
Anime North 2012- Tai Kamiya (Digimon Adventure) and May
Anime North 2013- Tai (Adventure)
Anime North 2014- NONE

Last edited by xshadowmonkeyx : 06-02-2014 at 12:41 PM.
xshadowmonkeyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2014, 03:48 PM   #70
SaikyouKira
タケル

Not completely related to the photoshoot, but I thought I'd share this with everyone.

Season 01 digivices are being re-released later this year in conjunction with Digimon's 15th anniversary this August!

Not much information is available now, but more details are going to be released on Saturday, July 19, so stay tuned!!

http://www.otakutale.com/2014/bandai...h-anniversary/
Unread 06-27-2014, 07:34 PM   #71
Miliyah

more people probably arent on the the coscom forums very often because they place more face value in official teahouse forums and facebook? Eh, that's the way I see it anyway (ugh ESPECIALLY facebook.. freaking facebook)
Unread 08-01-2014, 12:28 PM   #72
N_H_Sakura5
DigiDestined

I decided to go ahead and make the 2015 thread due to the recent announcement that was made. Didn't want someone to try and grab the shoot before us. So the Thread has been made on here, and the Teahouse Forums, and I changed the year on the Facebook Page.
Unread 08-17-2014, 07:36 PM   #73
SaikyouKira
タケル

Quote:
I decided to go ahead and make the 2015 thread due to the recent announcement that was made. Didn't want someone to try and grab the shoot before us. So the Thread has been made on here, and the Teahouse Forums, and I changed the year on the Facebook Page.
What announcement are you talking about?
Unread 08-20-2014, 09:06 PM   #74
Miliyah

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaikyouKira View Post
What announcement are you talking about?
the digimon adventure sequel announcement lol someone mentioned it to you a while back but you've had a lot going on around that time :P
Unread 08-21-2014, 08:12 PM   #75
SaikyouKira
タケル

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miliyah View Post
the digimon adventure sequel announcement lol someone mentioned it to you a while back but you've had a lot going on around that time :P
OH, THAT announcement. haha I am fully aware of that one.

But I'm glad we're on top of things for next year so we can avoid what happened this year with the confusion and whatnot.