This thread died a bit (which it tends to do) but I have finally gotten some more work on my Cardinal Sforza costume done. The bodice is now finished.
The beading took about 40 hours. I hand cut the bias and appliques and the whole thing is French seamed or edged to keep it from fraying. The panels for the overskirt are cut. I just have to do the appliques so that I can then bead them and attach them to the bodice. I've also finished the white underskirt. I decided against appliqueing it, instead I did two rows of the white lace and added red pearls all around it. It also has a lining with a crinoline attached to make it stand out more. I've also cut out most of the cape and will be appliqueing it before too long too. I just might actually get done by A-kon!
The one thing I'm not 100% on with the costume part is if I should find a way to add gold details to my white boots or just leave them solid since there's so much going on with the costume as it is. I'm also getting with my brothers soon about making her staff since they are the ones I go to when I need to build things.