Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Trinity Blood

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 107 votes, 4.98 average.
Unread 11-28-2013, 11:29 PM   #7306
silver_wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mehdia View Post
I don't have any more references to share with you, but on your fabric question, I would go with twill or something else over velvet. I see a lot of Trinity Blood cosplayers use velvet, but I'm not a big fan of it for clergy type clothing (even if they are highly exaggerated versions of what priests and nuns actually wear).
No problem and I do agree with you; although I think velvet/velveteen would work for some of Trinity Blood's other outfits such as the black/white/gold Empire outfits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephirayne View Post
I've personally gone with a poly/cotton velvet as that is my personal preference. Plus, I had the fabric already in stock. I've seen twill being used as well and it can look great. Definitely nothing that is too shiny as I don't think it would work as well for the overall look. I got all my Paula ref from Minitokyo. I've posted the link above in one of my earlier comments.
I'm leaning more towards cotton twill mainly because multiple layers of cloth + corset + summer heat isn't a good combination, lol. Also, thank you for the link for the Minitokyo pictures!

silver_wolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-26-2013, 07:41 PM   #7307
Biscuit
You Know I'm Cute

got the El Tepetto Rosso artbook, and am dying to make Seth's Augusta Vladica outfit from it. hoping to actually finish a Seth costume one of these days...something always happens and I never finish. I think I have started 3 different Seth costumes ;_; anyways, plan on making it for ACEN. if I go this year.
Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2014, 08:21 PM   #7308
Mehdia
The Corset Queen

Guys, I have actually made progress. After waiting and searching, and waiting some more, I've finally gotten my hands on the rest of the gold shantung for my Cardinal Sforza costume. I got the red bodice started today. I made the appliques and got them applied to the top. They aren't perfect, but considering I'm still learning a thing or six about appliqueing, I think they are going decently. I'm probably going to work on the beading some tonight. I will have to put a separating zipper in the back of the bodice because a regular one doesn't allow for me to slip it over my head, and that is a problem!
Mehdia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2014, 11:32 PM   #7309
Mehdia
The Corset Queen

This thread died a bit (which it tends to do) but I have finally gotten some more work on my Cardinal Sforza costume done. The bodice is now finished. The beading took about 40 hours. I hand cut the bias and appliques and the whole thing is French seamed or edged to keep it from fraying. The panels for the overskirt are cut. I just have to do the appliques so that I can then bead them and attach them to the bodice. I've also finished the white underskirt. I decided against appliqueing it, instead I did two rows of the white lace and added red pearls all around it. It also has a lining with a crinoline attached to make it stand out more. I've also cut out most of the cape and will be appliqueing it before too long too. I just might actually get done by A-kon!

The one thing I'm not 100% on with the costume part is if I should find a way to add gold details to my white boots or just leave them solid since there's so much going on with the costume as it is. I'm also getting with my brothers soon about making her staff since they are the ones I go to when I need to build things.
Unread 04-14-2014, 05:38 PM   #7310
Mehdia
The Corset Queen

Sorry to keep spamming the thread, but I'm pretty excited about all the work I've gotten done on my Cardinal Sforza costume. I now come bearing a photo of the cape with the gold detail laid out, it just needs to be appliqued and then beaded. It's huge, and I'm sure I will be obtrusive, but I don't plan on trying to take this thing into dealers rooms and all, that would just be rude of me.
Unread 05-27-2014, 06:00 AM   #7311
NijiNoKanata

Are there any references for this version of Mirka or did the cosplayer just make one of her outifts EXTREMELY elaborate???

|Yuno Gasai Default - Mirai Nikki|
|||Flame Princess - Adventure Time|||
||||Erza Scarlet Farewell Fairy Tail Armour - Fairy Tail||||
NijiNoKanata is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2014, 02:18 AM   #7312
Mehdia
The Corset Queen

I still have to get the photos off a camera to have some really good shots, but I thought I would share at least one I have so far of my completed Cardinal Caterina Sforza.