Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Anime Conji

Unread 04-23-2014, 11:58 PM   #16
Hcoregamer00
PMX/Otakorp/Lunar Fest

Good to know that the impressions are positive overall. I was worried that Wondercon Anaheim might have a negative effect on attendance. Thankfully it was not the case

I am hoping they are on different weekends since this is the FIRST YEAR I haven't attended the convention since it started.

Photography Blog, dA, FB Fan Page, Personal Blog

Future Cons: Stan Lee's LA Comic Con, Pacific Media Expo
Hcoregamer00 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-24-2014, 02:47 AM   #17
michichama

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeliZbeauty View Post
HOLY SHIT THAT WAS YOU!! AHHHH I SAW YOU AT KARAOKE! I WANTED TO GO UP TO YOU BUT I DIDNT I WAS TOO SHY!!
Yeahhhhh hahaha xD. That was me. I wasn't at the karaoke room for too long although I did want to sing because Usako * ^ *.
Kagamine Rin (Love is War) [x]
Akame of the Demon Sword Murasame - 3%
Maki Nishikino (Bokura wa Ima no Naka de) - 3%

~2015 Conventions~
Anime Los Angeles
Anime Expo
Anime Conji
TouhouCon
Pacific Media Expo

World Cosplay
michichama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2014, 11:53 AM   #18
MeliZbeauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by michichama View Post
Yeahhhhh hahaha xD. That was me. I wasn't at the karaoke room for too long although I did want to sing because Usako * ^ *.
aww too bad you didnt sing, but your cosplay looked amazing!!
Unread 04-24-2014, 01:20 PM   #19
El_Duque
miyoshi82

Quote:
Originally Posted by michichama View Post
This was my first time to Anime Conji. I've only been to Anime Expo thus far so it was different seeing a much smaller scale con * ^ *. I was only able to go there on Sunday but I enjoyed myself either way . I wish I would have been able to go on Saturday though....

I didn't really get to talk to people or make new cos friends in the area though ; ^ ;....I just followed my friend around everywhere hahaha. I was dressed up as Rin Kagamine (Love is War Version) with a Len if anybody saw me on Sunday teehee.
I think I got a pic of you two. Nice cosplays.
Interested in joining our ranks? Click on the links above.

Youtube
Twitter
Con History
Anime Los Angeles 2011-2013, 2015
Anime Expo 2006-2011, 2015-present
Wondercon - 2013, 2015-present
San Diego Comic Con 1994-present
Comikaze Expo 2011, 2013-present
Long Beach Comic Con 2009-2012
Anime Conji 2010-present
Hanadoki Con 2015-present
El_Duque is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2014, 09:17 PM   #20
El_Duque
miyoshi82

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeGamer View Post
Just curious, did anyone find out why there were six police units that showed up Sunday morning? Staff were very tight-lipped about what happened.
Word on street is that it was bad stuff that it would be best not to discuss here.
Interested in joining our ranks? Click on the links above.

Youtube
Twitter
Con History
Anime Los Angeles 2011-2013, 2015
Anime Expo 2006-2011, 2015-present
Wondercon - 2013, 2015-present
San Diego Comic Con 1994-present
Comikaze Expo 2011, 2013-present
Long Beach Comic Con 2009-2012
Anime Conji 2010-present
Hanadoki Con 2015-present
El_Duque is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2014, 02:47 AM   #21
Zlushify

Ah I didn't really take much pictures but I had an amazing time meeting everyone! I'm not sure if anyone else took a picture of my Noiz or Hanji cosplay though! D:
Kido-Mekakucity Actors
Hiyori-Noragami
Serara-Log Horizon~~Starting
Noiz- DMMd~~95%

Attending Cons:
Anime Expo 2014
SDCC 2014
Anime California 2014

AX Lineup:
Day 1 - Gijinka!Beni (DMMd)
Day 2 - Hanji (SnK)
Day 3 - Noiz (DMMd)
Zlushify is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2014, 01:08 PM   #22
sicdedman
SicLeatherFace

Anime Conji was ok this year, since last time I went was 2012. To me there was not really a whole lot to do. There was no (Opening Ceremonies) no (Closing Ceremonies) so it either tells you, they did not plan these in the schedule (or) they are not really sure where Anime Conji is going to be next year 2015...

It is always good to say hi to (Kyle Hebert) super cool guy.

(Vic Mignogna) only made a Sunday appearance, but was cool, I have met him couple times before, but this was the first time getting his autograph and he is always willing to stay extra hour or so to give everyone in line an autograph. Also another cool thing about Vic was he was apart of the (Make a Wish) that weekend for a young girl that wanted to hang out with him

I liked the Exhibit Hall, prob one of the better Exhibit Halls I have been to, I even bought some Anime for Cheap! All 3 Seasons of (Koihime Muso) for $30 & (Mahoromatic : Ultimate Collection) for $15. Wanted to buy more but have to save for (Anime Expo)

Anime Conji is a con it seems for the younger crowd, did not find very many people my age, even though I am not that old.

I hope everyone that attended the (ALA Taco Party) enjoyed the Taco's!

Attending : AX 2017 (10th Year, 2nd Year Industry)
sicdedman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2014, 05:56 PM   #23
E2Works
Tinfoil User

Way better than last year imo. The venue is great; hotels are best for small cons like this (so far that is; I'm hoping this gets big eventually, so I attend regardless). Last year's venue was way too spread out. Great scenery for cosplay photoshoots, but that's about it. And it was awkward having a wedding there at the same time.

The exhibit hall was a HUGE improvement. Well-known and desirable vendors like Jlist and ABCTOY4ME. Needless to say, I bought a ton of stuff from those guys. Combining it with the artist alley was a great idea to stir some traffic into the artist alley also, and to not make it feel as empty.

Attendance felt higher this year also, then again that might have been a side-effect of congregating everyone into a tighter convention space; positive effect either way.
This year it seemed to attract a lot of the younger crowd, but no difference otherwise.

Only problem I can find is the lack of panels, exacerbated even more by having no OP end ED ceremonies. Maybe I'll do a panel next year to help out.

But yeah, I liked it, will go again. Keep the venue or as long as it's a hotel.

I went as a half-geared Military Police on Day 1, Blade Regalia MKIII from KLK on Day 2, and fully-geared Military Police on Day 3.
E2Works is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2014, 02:39 AM   #24
BuonoTomato!
Mituna, King of Pigeons

Thumbs up So much fun!

It was lots of fun and definitely more relaxing than Anime Expo, SDCC, etc. The size was perfect and the exhibit hall wasn't too incredibly overwhelming, which was good.

This year was my first, and I was helmetless Mituna Captor from Homestuck. It was great, I loved the attention.

I saw the Hetalia panel too. Hilarious and well-done. I'm working on acquiring Romano cosplay, so I'll probably try out as him next year, if there is another.

Though I will agree, there were a lot of younger fans. I find that actually pretty cool that Anime Conji is for all ages.

All in all, great con experience, can't wait for next year. I'm pulling out the big guns!
Character CD England: Hetalia
~Cosplays in Progress: Some are on hiatus for time being due to money & the back-to-school hassle~
Russia: Hetalia (80%)
Romano: Hetalia (20%)
Envy: Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood (10%)
Erisolsprite: Homestuck (50%)
QT: Space Dandy (20%)

Last edited by BuonoTomato! : 07-29-2014 at 07:44 PM.
BuonoTomato! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2014, 02:42 AM   #25
BuonoTomato!
Mituna, King of Pigeons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosplay Media View Post
I had a blast this year. Turnout was great! I attended last year and was really disappointed. Last year the turnout was small when I showed up and I couldn't locate anything. There were no signs or guide books available. It was probably due to weather, since last year it seemed like rain was coming. Really wish I knew I was going in advance, so I could have planned out some photo shoots. Instead, I just had to flag down cosplayers in the hall and ask for photos and I did not get any private shoots in this convention. Hopefully next year.
I think I remember you... did you ever take a picture of an Ash Ketchum with Pikachu on his shoulder? That was my sis, I was the dude in grey skin and yellow/black bodysuit...
Character CD England: Hetalia
~Cosplays in Progress: Some are on hiatus for time being due to money & the back-to-school hassle~
Russia: Hetalia (80%)
Romano: Hetalia (20%)
Envy: Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood (10%)
Erisolsprite: Homestuck (50%)
QT: Space Dandy (20%)
BuonoTomato! is offline   Reply With Quote