Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Katekyo Hitman Reborn!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 277 votes, 4.98 average.
Unread 01-16-2014, 05:55 PM   #16396
SinSilver
Warrior

Hullo OwO
Didnt know there was a KHR thread here, but me and my friends have a little famiglia formed from when we all met at AX 2013. We're really into KHR and we'll be hosting the KHR gathering at AX 2014, if any of you are interested. There'll be a Ryohei push-up contest again this year, and I hear Lal Mirch and one of the Ryohei have something epic planned.
SinSilver is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-28-2014, 05:28 PM   #16397
Krye
|||Happy*Sweets|||

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinSilver View Post
Hullo OwO
Didnt know there was a KHR thread here, but me and my friends have a little famiglia formed from when we all met at AX 2013. We're really into KHR and we'll be hosting the KHR gathering at AX 2014, if any of you are interested. There'll be a Ryohei push-up contest again this year, and I hear Lal Mirch and one of the Ryohei have something epic planned.
Awesome! I'm going to AX'14 but not sure if I'll bring my Chrome Dokuro around. But I might just have to now~ ^_^ I'll stop by to take some pictures!

2014 Events: Fanime (Aoba/Ririchiyo/Amu) | Anime Expo (Heroine - Amnesia; Monomi; Nonon; Fem!Noiz)

Krye is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2014, 08:13 AM   #16398
MissLunatic
Someone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mehdia View Post
Yeah, I decided that finding a shirt in the right color was too much of a hassle, so I made my shirt and because I'm a woman, fitting a store bought man's suit would be a pain, so I'm going to make my own based off mens patterns. I hope it turns out like I'm seeing it in my head. My fabric needs to get here so I can hopefully get at least the pants and jacket made by Saturday. If not, Reborn will just make his debut at a con in June. I also plan to use the suit for Gokudera and Dino just by changing the shirt, wig, and accessories. I love that it will be multitaskable. I'm also going to make a suit for my friend for her Lambo and Tsuna costumes.

And I LOVE your Gokudera. Every version of him you've done is awesome, and the new one is no different. You really pull off his character well. I can't wait to see more pictures.
Hi, Mehdia.
I'm very sorry for replying that late again. But currently I'm writing applications which is not an enjoyable or pleasing task at all -.-'''. Plus I didn't know how to respond to such a great compliment at first. Really made me very happy and speechless when I read this. I can't help but continue anyway since there are still some more versions of him worth cosplaying to my mind and I'll try to get some good pics as well.
But due to a great rpg with a friend I somehow also ended up trapped with lots of motivation to cosplay Squalo again some time. But this time I don't want to simply borrow the cos and also finally cosplay his exact ringbattle version. Trying to make a trenchcoat out of artificial leather is an interesting challenge for me.

But back to the other topic: You are right about the suit. I had to get different trousers back then cause man's don't fit me at all and my bought jacket doesn't fit perfectly either. Hope you have already been successful with the work on your suit. But considering your tailoring skills I can't imagine anything else.
And that's for sure a great plus of your suit although I haven't been able to use mine up till now for another cosplay. Looking forward to pictures as well as already said .

Upcoming:
Hotohori (Fushigi Yuugi)
Young Griff (A Song of Ice and Fire - A Dance with Dragons)
Superbi Squalo (KH Reborn!)
Arianne Martell (A Song of Ice and Fire)
Shoryu (Log Horizon)
Sharrkan (Magi - The Labyrinth of Magic)
Ryoga Hibiki (Ranma 1/2)
Rokudo Mukuro (7 Gods of Luck) (KH Reborn!)

Upgrading:
Kagari Shusei (Psycho-Pass)
Okita Souji (Hakuouki)
MissLunatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2014, 11:16 PM   #16399
Mehdia
The Corset Queen

@MissLunatic: I'm always happy to give compliments to great cosplayers, and you are one of the best Gokudera cosplayers I've seen^^

I haven't worn my costume yet. I wasn't 100% happy with the fit of the jacket, so I'm still tweaking it. I will have it done by the convention I'm going to in June, hopefully along with my friend suited up as Lambo. I've got a lot of stuff to work on up til then, but I'm pretty positive we will have some Reborn cosplay for A-kon in June.
Mehdia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2014, 02:10 PM   #16400
Noize
One Sky, One Destiny

Well, I've been working on Chrome again and I've added the design on the trident. It's a bit difficult seeing the design as I used gesso but I'll be spray painting this after I get all the spikes in. Wish I can take better pictures, but holding the trident while it's still a bit wet and my phone (it's huge) is a bit difficult.
http://s1270.photobucket.com/user/No...2da.j pg.html
Yusei Fudo [Yu-Gi-Oh! 5Ds]

Dream Cosplays
Chrome Dokuro [Katekyo Hitman REBORN!]
Armin Arlet or Levi [Shingeki no Kyojin]
Rin [Togainu no Chi]
Lucina [Fire Emblem Awakening]
Aqua [Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep]

Noize is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2014, 11:21 AM   #16401
Zankoku

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinSilver View Post
Hullo OwO
Videos. Make videos of this. It sounds like it will be a blast!
Zankoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2014, 01:30 PM   #16402
Azure Elf
Elf of the North

I kind of want to do Dino Cavallone. But I would want a group to be in...orz His costume is pretty plain.
Unread 04-12-2014, 10:34 PM   #16403
SinSilver
Warrior

Here's the video from last year's [AX 2013] push up contest! Im the Lal Mirch on the end haha and my student is the Ryohei that won.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZF1bm3wbUI
SinSilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2014, 02:12 AM   #16404
Zankoku

SinSilver, looks like you guys had quite a bit of fun. I'm a little jealous!

Azure Elf, perhaps you can ask on the forums of the cons you go to? And even if the attire is plain by anime standards, fans of the series will still recognize you. I walked around alone at Anime Matsuri for a while and still got some enthusiastic acknowledgements and picture requests. And a hug.
Zankoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2014, 03:32 AM   #16405
MissLunatic
Someone

@Mehdia:
I'm not sure, but maybe you can still see me sparkling at your place xD. Makes me just too happy... welll...

Just keep your time. It's just about less than 2 month and that's rather nothing. Sometimes it takes quite a long time till a cosplay becomes reality. But often I end up with great anticipation if I had to wait years for it for one or another reason. Currently working on a cosplay I wanted to do for 3 years now and that's just a great feeling somehow.

@Noize:

The trident already looks very great! Looking forward to pictures when it is painted. I think the design is pretty visible already and looks rather neat.

@AzureElf:
Know what you mean, but someone has to start somehow and to ask others or to organize. And if you really want to cosplay Dino, just get going, I'd say. I utterly aggree with Zankoku regarding this.
Besides it's maybe not as plain as you think. We were taking some pictures at a city close by about 2 years ago and ran into 2 Japanese tourists back then. They not only recognized my Dino cosplay instantaneously, but I also heard the word 'sugoy' quite a few times. Which was a very surprising and huge compliment somehow besides the candies they gave us as well xD. Luckily a friend studied Japanese and was able to talk to them.

@SinSilver:
This is just too great! Looks like so much fun and I just love such random ideas at cons^^. Also a bit jaelous like Zankoku. (Although next sunday finally going to cosplay Gokudera TYL again *-* at a con.)
The order they drop out is very great though xD. Chrome obivously, then Gokudera, Reborn (Lal's kinda cheating xD). But the best is Ryohei bests Ryohei TYL??? xD Guess someone neglected to practice a bit xDD.

Upcoming:
Hotohori (Fushigi Yuugi)
Young Griff (A Song of Ice and Fire - A Dance with Dragons)
Superbi Squalo (KH Reborn!)
Arianne Martell (A Song of Ice and Fire)
Shoryu (Log Horizon)
Sharrkan (Magi - The Labyrinth of Magic)
Ryoga Hibiki (Ranma 1/2)
Rokudo Mukuro (7 Gods of Luck) (KH Reborn!)

Upgrading:
Kagari Shusei (Psycho-Pass)
Okita Souji (Hakuouki)
MissLunatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2014, 08:42 PM   #16406
Mehdia
The Corset Queen

Well, two weeks ago, my friend and I cosplayed Lambo and Reborn at A-kon in Dallas, TX. Unfortunately, none of our friends took our picture, and I haven't found any of us in the convention galleries even though more people than I expected recognized us and took our pictures.

This coming weekend we are going to be Lambo (her again) and TYL Gokudera (me). I'm doing Gokudera this weekend because the convention center doesn't allow airsoft guns, and without the gun, Reborn just isn't as fun. I will make sure to get pictures of us this time and hopefully before too long get together again as Reborn and Lambo for more fun^^
Unread 06-23-2014, 09:54 PM   #16407
Mehdia
The Corset Queen

Okay, so I've found one photo of my friend as Lambo and me as Gokudera from this weekend. It's not the best of us, but at least it's a photo! We want to get done up again and find some really nice place to do photos. Also with me as Reborn and her as Tsuna. I also have stuff to be Dino some day...