Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 57 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 06-12-2014, 03:53 PM   #496
Elycium
likes fancy things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pannares View Post
I thought asking here would be the best in my matter.

I want to cosplay Muron Alexius but I can't decide on the colour of the wig. In manga Finalists have red hair <dark red> in anime on the other hand pink. I like both colour versions thats why choosing a wig for her is my little nightmare. Which colour you think will be better?
Since you could go either way with the manga vs anime, my recommendation would be to go with which ever suits your skin tone better (just like people do when deciding on which shade of blonde to do).

Unread 06-24-2014, 10:44 PM   #497
WondererBailey
Bailey's Cosplay

:U on an embarrassing note, I accidentally freaked out the Facebook Magi Cosplay Group with my attempt to group chat....I don't use Facebook nearly as much as most so I'm not 100% up to date with what all the features do. So...I apologize PROFUSELY for that. Live and learn I suppose....still, not the first impression I wanted to make >_> )''.

On a more upbeat note! I FINALLY started Judal's wand~ I'm pretty happy with out it's turning out, I just need to make the jewel at the top. Struggling with that a bit...I'll consider giving that resin stuff a shot as a final alternative since it's something I've never worked with before. Though I'm seriously considering it, it looks like fun....but anyway. My main focus right now is how to construct/find a mold that would work for that shape?

Thought? Opinions? Suggestions?

Judal - [ Magi : The Labyrinth of Magic]
Progress:
-wig: Arrived <333
-scarf: COMPLETE
-shirt: 25%
-pants: COMPLETE
-jewelry: COMPLETE
-wand: 90%
WondererBailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2014, 08:05 AM   #498
kandell
the cookie angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by WondererBailey View Post
:U on an embarrassing note, I accidentally freaked out the Facebook Magi Cosplay Group with my attempt to group chat....I don't use Facebook nearly as much as most so I'm not 100% up to date with what all the features do. So...I apologize PROFUSELY for that. Live and learn I suppose....still, not the first impression I wanted to make >_> )''.

On a more upbeat note! I FINALLY started Judal's wand~ I'm pretty happy with out it's turning out, I just need to make the jewel at the top. Struggling with that a bit...I'll consider giving that resin stuff a shot as a final alternative since it's something I've never worked with before. Though I'm seriously considering it, it looks like fun....but anyway. My main focus right now is how to construct/find a mold that would work for that shape?

Thought? Opinions? Suggestions?
You can make your own mold, or search online/in local stores for one. If you want to make your own, you'll need to sculpt the shape in clay. Then cast a mold in either silicone or latex (casting kits can be found at Hobby Lobby or on their website). I recently made a silicone mold, but had problems with air bubbles in the surface of the mold, so I have to redo it. Latex might be easier, but it can dull the finish of your gem. To fix that, you can cover the gem with a clear coat of resin or acrylic sealant or I think clear nail polish works, too.

Resin casting is fun and surprisingly easy! I think you should give it a try :]

Anime Iowa '14
Asuna Yuuki
Ren Hakuei
Sam Manson

Nebraskon '14
Erza Scarlet
Sailor Moon
Femme!Simon Tam
kandell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2014, 09:59 AM   #499
nikkiolie

I made my mold out of oven bake clay then used clay to create the mold but silicone would be much easier. In order to get the shape right you will need to create two halves of the mold and either leave an opening at one end and put the two halves together and secure them with a rubber band and pour the resin into the hole at the top or you can just pour the resin into the two halves then once the resin has cured glue the two resin halves together. I hope that made sense. I did it the second way and glues the two resin halves together.

Next cons:
Sakuracon '14
Kumoricon '14
Newcon '14
nikkiolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2014, 02:18 PM   #500
WondererBailey
Bailey's Cosplay

Awesome! Thanks! I have some air drying clay (way more than I know what to do with lol) so I could make a mold out of that.

:U random but still somewhat relevant...learned the latter stitch and all of it's amazing awesomeness...so was actually able to close up the scarfy thing....<3

Progress:
Unread 06-27-2014, 10:35 AM   #501
nikkiolie

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.n...98422305_n.jpg

I finished my sword for Mu. I am very happy with how it turned out. Now to start on the sheath and soon I will have my worbla to do the chest armor. I should have it the start of next week.

Next cons:
Sakuracon '14
Kumoricon '14
Newcon '14
Unread 06-30-2014, 11:56 AM   #502
WondererBailey
Bailey's Cosplay

http://i1309.photobucket.com/albums/...ps25052a78.jpg

So...this is the wand thus far...but I ran into a TIIIIINY problem...one I realized would have been an easy fix had I caught it earlier. I absolutely love how the jewel came out, but as it turns out....hot glue simply isn't strong enough to hold it on to the wand body(cause it's to heavy lolsob) (one would be easy solution would have been to use maybe a wire of sorts inside to anchor it). I tried making a lighter one but every attempt didn't look nearly as nice ;n;.

My thought was to use super glue...

Progress:
Unread 06-30-2014, 12:38 PM   #503
kandell
the cookie angel

What if you drilled a small hole in the gem, coated a wire in super glue and put it in, let it cure, and then attach it?

I've run into a snag on Hakuei. The damn circlet for her djinn equip. I want it to be fitted and contour to my head, but it's not working. I'm not sure what to do here :/ I was trying to use worbla, because I thought I'd be able to make it contour not only around my head but to lay flat again my forehead like it does in the drawings. I can't seem to get it to work, though :/ Any advice?

Anime Iowa '14
Asuna Yuuki
Ren Hakuei
Sam Manson

Nebraskon '14
Erza Scarlet
Sailor Moon
Femme!Simon Tam
kandell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2014, 08:17 PM   #504
Elycium
likes fancy things

Quote:
Originally Posted by WondererBailey View Post
http://i1309.photobucket.com/albums/...ps25052a78.jpg

So...this is the wand thus far...but I ran into a TIIIIINY problem...one I realized would have been an easy fix had I caught it earlier. I absolutely love how the jewel came out, but as it turns out....hot glue simply isn't strong enough to hold it on to the wand body(cause it's to heavy lolsob) (one would be easy solution would have been to use maybe a wire of sorts inside to anchor it). I tried making a lighter one but every attempt didn't look nearly as nice ;n;.

My thought was to use super glue...
what about epoxy? (my sis used it when she made the hair piece for Kougyoku)
Unread 07-01-2014, 04:58 PM   #505
WondererBailey
Bailey's Cosplay

Oooh! Those are both good ideas! I'll try them out...though, I'm a little nervous about drilling anything XD clay might not be strong enough. But anyway, thank you both!

Progress:
Unread 07-14-2014, 10:27 AM   #506
nikkiolie

Mu is almost done. I am going to try to get a full body test shot here soon and I will post it. Everything looks really good so far :3

Next cons:
Sakuracon '14
Kumoricon '14
Newcon '14
Unread 07-16-2014, 04:03 PM   #507
WondererBailey
Bailey's Cosplay

*A* Judal wig and wefts are in the mail~ -so excited-

Progress:
Unread 07-16-2014, 09:55 PM   #508
Ilafatyu
That guy

Poor Bailey. A hairy hell awaits you.

facebook // dA
Want to help create a US anime convention map?
PM me your local conventions to add to the map

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS
Lie Ren (RWBY) - 3%
Connie (SnK) - 1%
Ilafatyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2014, 10:08 AM   #509
WondererBailey
Bailey's Cosplay

lol, I won't pretend to know what I'm talking about since I'm a 100% newbie when it comes to styling wigs. Oh silly me...what a wig to choose to be my first~

But no really, I've been tossing around various ways of tackling this monster but I think I might have something that'll work. We have some family friends who have like...crazy long hair and they're always braiding it and I was watching one time and got inspired.

I'm going for something like this --> https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.n...67935619_n.jpg

Making it an actual braid that is~

Progress:
Unread 07-18-2014, 07:09 PM   #510
WondererBailey
Bailey's Cosplay

Wigs arrived today, but since I'm stuck at work until tomorrow I have to wait ;o;

Though, honestly, I was blown away by how fast Arda ships...I ordered those wigs what...on the 15th and they're already here <3.

But anyway, something to look forward to when I get home~ *A* silly cosplay selfies here I come~!

Progress: