Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Yu-Gi-Oh

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 95 votes, 4.94 average.
Unread 04-21-2014, 10:54 PM   #5716
Julesie

Quote:
Originally Posted by My_Insanity View Post
Nice job on the Yami Marik wig, great facial expressions in the photos too.

I just finished Past Life Vector myself. Had to modify his design to include a cropped top as I can go shirtless but I feel, aside from that inaccuracy I did a good job on it.
2 Past Life Barians down, 4 to go (cause there's no way in hell I can pull off Gilag).
Thank you so much! It was hard to do the expressions as I'm usually a very stoic person. My personality is as far from Yami Marik as you can get.

Your cosplay and wig look amazing for Vector. I think the way you edited the outfit is really good too.
Julesie is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-01-2014, 06:16 PM   #5717
WondererBailey
Bailey's Cosplay

Doing a YGO cosplay has been on my list of things to do for like....ever....So with the new's of moving to Arizona in the near future, I figured I ought to put this into motion.

Right now I'm nearly done with one costume and need a second one to work on next. I recently stumbled across a bunch of old YGO pictures and re-fell in love with Thief King Bakura. So....I'll be doing Thief King Bakura <3. I may end up doing all three Bakura's at some point and probably Marik.

But I really, really, really, want to make Thief King Bakura's cloak <3

Planned 2015 Cosplay:
Jack Walker (Pokemon movie 9) - 50%
AoS Levi - Drafting...
Jiggy Pepper - 5%
Timeskip Viral - 0%

Dream 2015 Cons: Newcon PDX - Sakuracon - Anime Expo - Kumoricon - Yaoicon

WondererBailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2014, 01:04 PM   #5718
Tatlifly

Well, kind of. I've cosplayed as yami Bakura, Seto Kaiba, both Mariks, Yusei Fudo, and I've made a wig for Yami Yugi. Also Mai Kujaku, IV and Thief King are on my to do -list. So there are quite a few. Needless to say I'm a huge fan of the series. : D

I also like Julesie's wig. I remember you talking about cosplaying YM on DeviantArt, and looks like it turned out very well!
Tatlifly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2014, 08:00 PM   #5719
Julesie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatlifly View Post
Well, kind of. I've cosplayed as yami Bakura, Seto Kaiba, both Mariks, Yusei Fudo, and I've made a wig for Yami Yugi. Also Mai Kujaku, IV and Thief King are on my to do -list. So there are quite a few. Needless to say I'm a huge fan of the series. : D

I also like Julesie's wig. I remember you talking about cosplaying YM on DeviantArt, and looks like it turned out very well!
I think you're as bonkers as me, cosplaying pretty much all of the characters from the series. Seto, fem Seto, Yami Marik, Malik and Ryou are ones I have done and completed.
I'm currently working on Weevil, Mokuba and Yami Bakura. I also plan to do change of heart Ryou and Yami Yugi.

Thank you so much! Yes a lot of my Yami Marik was down to help from you. I was so excited to cosplay him and he is my favourite cosplay and character to date.

I'm working on Weevil Underwood right now. I just finished making his glasses ten minutes ago and had to reorder his wig because it arrived green when I ordered a teal wig. I'm unimpressed as my convention is in 3 weeks time so I only had one site I can order from that sells wigs and can get to me in time. The new wig isn't the right shade but its the closest I can get in such a short time. I have two Rex's!
Unread 08-07-2014, 11:31 PM   #5720
TheKitsuneQueen
Mage of Awesome

I just recently started watching the show again since I never finished it (now I remember why I love this show). Now I'm thinking of doing a Mai, Marik's sister (forgot her name), and Guardian Eatos. I'm so excited.
Unread 09-01-2014, 05:07 PM   #5721
Gunti222

At this past Dragoncon a couple cosplayed as Dark Magician and Dark Magician Girl. I have a pic of Dark Magician Girl I will post in a bit. Got to dig it up.

Last edited by Gunti222 : 09-01-2014 at 05:09 PM.
Gunti222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2014, 08:01 AM   #5722
fujyoshi
half elf flame haze

I cosplayed Manjoume Jun at animeNEXT this past year in his obilisk blue jacket and some how or another people thought I was roy mustang xD
fujyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2014, 03:51 PM   #5723
Zoeyromanov
Bucky take the wheel

Yay someone updated the thread! I honestly felt weird posting in what seems like a dead thread because I know how people feel about that...anyhow, I wouldn't mind re-wearing my Alexis Rhodes cosplay but there's some stuff I'd like to redo. And I wouldn't mind trying my hand at cosplaying from Zexal; namely III because he's cute!

Elise de La Serre, Assassin's Creed Unity
Ezio Auditore, Assassin's Creed II
Sailor Venus, Sailor Moon

Winter 2014
Elsa, Frozen
Jack Frost, Rise of the Guardians

Planned
Elsa (coronation dress), Frozen

Last edited by Zoeyromanov : 11-19-2014 at 04:01 PM.
Zoeyromanov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2014, 04:04 PM   #5724
Julesie

Planning on cosplaying Serenity in May with a friend as Tristan and another as Duke Devlin. Going to beg my friend who cosplays Joey to be my big brother too!
Unread 11-19-2014, 06:38 PM   #5725
BeardedDragon74
Oro?

I cosplayed Yami Bakura for Halloween. That was fun! So many kids recognized me. Now, I'm working on a Yami Marik. However, his glowing eye is going to kill me (working with mini LED lights in a 3D print mold). I have the Millennium Rod and material for the purple cape and the wig. So much to do before March. <3

After this, I sort of want to a manga version of White Mage Bakura from season zero.

Cosplay in progress:
Yami Marik/Melvin from Yu Gi Oh! The Abridged Series
White Mage Bakura from Yu Gi Oh! Season Zero

Last edited by BeardedDragon74 : 11-19-2014 at 06:39 PM. Reason: Added content
BeardedDragon74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2014, 05:24 PM   #5726
Julesie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeardedDragon74 View Post
I cosplayed Yami Bakura for Halloween. That was fun! So many kids recognized me. Now, I'm working on a Yami Marik. However, his glowing eye is going to kill me (working with mini LED lights in a 3D print mold). I have the Millennium Rod and material for the purple cape and the wig. So much to do before March. <3

After this, I sort of want to a manga version of White Mage Bakura from season zero.
Thats AMAZING! I cannot wait to see how you do the glowing eye! I've always wanted the glowing eye for my forehead. I tried to do one with makeup but I didn't like it.
So I just add the glowing eye in photoshop after like my icon. ^^;

I'm styling my Yami Bakura wig right now. I have to wait for my dad to go out before I can finish it though. He hates mess and it gets very messy.
Unread 12-05-2014, 08:14 PM   #5727
BeardedDragon74
Oro?

Julesie, your Yami Marik is awesome! How did you spike that wig?! I love it! I hope my bangs look as good as yours.

For the glowing eye, I've been working with vaguelygenius (VG) at ShapeWays dot com. She designed a smoky transparent 3D print of the Eye of Wdjat to fit my forehead. I'm trying to fit a yellow or amber Mirco LED strip inside (and run the wires and battery pack under the wig). Hopefully it works. VG suggested a use a layer of latex over the eye to make the veins pop out (and hopefully help the eye stay in place).

Cosplay in progress:
Yami Marik/Melvin from Yu Gi Oh! The Abridged Series
White Mage Bakura from Yu Gi Oh! Season Zero
BeardedDragon74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Yesterday, 05:44 PM   #5728
Julesie

Thank you so much.
The wig is a jareth long from Arda wig and then just styled into spikes with tons of got2b spray. I have to redo the wig at every convention usually the night before I plan to use it as its a hard wig to carry to and from cons (it doesn't fit in any boxes... so its often flattened).

Would you mind updating with progress and then the final for the eye? I'd love to see how it all works out and stuff. It sounds amazing but I've never been good at things like that, sounds a bit technical. I'm more than happy to try if I have a rough idea though.