Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1770 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 06-27-2014, 09:58 PM   #931
Elycium
Applique ate my soul

Schmemy, what sort of fabric are you using for your hip thing?

Upcoming Costumes
Alibaba - Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic
H/A Elsa - Frozen
Yunan - Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic
Mephisto Pheles - Ao No Exorcist
Elycium is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-28-2014, 12:39 AM   #932
schmemy
shh-meh-mee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elycium View Post
Schmemy, what sort of fabric are you using for your hip thing?
I'm going with linen; I'm not a fan of the look of the leather ones.

Anime Kaiju 2015
Honey Lemon | Beatrice | Sonia Nevermind

2015 Cons
Anime Kaiju | MTAC | Colossalcon | Anime Expo | Akaicon | AWA | Shadocon

schmemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2014, 02:30 PM   #933
Technowraith
Stealing Dante's Pizza...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentTexas View Post
Hello Techno! Sorry to bring it up again(I promise this is the last time xD) but you showed me those SnK boots on Etsy and I was going to order a pair. I was wondering if you got yours? And if you liked them?
I did indeed get a chance to see tham, but have not had a chance to order them. Seems the Survey Corps decided to re-deploy my poor butt to a new barracks a few miles away. So I have to move in a couple days. Been busy with work overtime and packing. Hopefully once i get internet at the new place, things will level out and I can order things for the fall. I don't think I bookmarked the etsy shop though. LoL. >.<

Current Cosplay Project:

Nero- Devil May Cry 4.
Current Costume status: Wig ordered.
Current Prop status:
Deathbringer: Full scale mock-up 85% complete. Design adjustments in progress.
Red Queen: Design in progress
Blue Rose: Not started yet.
Technowraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2014, 10:05 PM   #934
AgentTexas
ALL DA' WIGS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technowraith View Post
I did indeed get a chance to see tham, but have not had a chance to order them. Seems the Survey Corps decided to re-deploy my poor butt to a new barracks a few miles away. So I have to move in a couple days. Been busy with work overtime and packing. Hopefully once i get internet at the new place, things will level out and I can order things for the fall. I don't think I bookmarked the etsy shop though. LoL. >.<
Ah, thanks for answering anyway. I'm just still searching and was wondering if you knew whether they were good or not

Now I need a formal military style jacket for my Levi cosplay...that hasn't proven much easier.

Facebook - Tumblr

-Cons 2015

Ohayocon
Shumatsucon
Colossalcon
Matsuricon
(maybe)Katsucon

-Cosplays

Hanji Zoe - Attack On Titan, 80% (need wig)
School Girl Rukia Kuchiki - Bleach, 0% (not yet started)
Armin Arlert - Attack On Titan, 100%
Levi Ackerman - Attack On Titan, 100%
Eren Jaeger - Attack On Titan, 70% (making shirt)
Taiga Aisaka - Toradora!, 15%(planning)
Ciel Phantomhive - Black Butler, 10%(planning even more)
Nagisa Hazuki - 10% (planning for Colossalcon)
AgentTexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2014, 01:35 AM   #935
Shana05
Annie Leonhardt Lover

I finally made that swimsuit for Annie. It wasn't that hard and was really quick. I've really been slacking off lately when it comes to working on cosplay and it's not like I'm busy or anything. Anyway, the swimsuit I got is the same one I got to make my Lapras and I can really tell by looking at the photos how much weight I've lost since I wore it last November.
Unread 07-05-2014, 10:52 PM   #936
Lazy Villain
Meh...Evil can wait

Planning to cosplay a generic member of the Military Police for Otakon and I've been seriously neglecting getting all the pieces. I'm basicially covered from the waist up, just need the skirt thing, the harness, and the boots. Not gonna wear 3D since that alone would triple the price of those outfit and it's not necessary.

I'm super nervous about committing to anything though, I'm really afraid I'll end up getting really bad quality junk. I know this might be a bothersome thing to ask, but does anyone have recommendations for those 3 things? Links?
Lazy Villain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2014, 04:59 AM   #937
Shana05
Annie Leonhardt Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Villain View Post
Planning to cosplay a generic member of the Military Police for Otakon and I've been seriously neglecting getting all the pieces. I'm basicially covered from the waist up, just need the skirt thing, the harness, and the boots. Not gonna wear 3D since that alone would triple the price of those outfit and it's not necessary.

I'm super nervous about committing to anything though, I'm really afraid I'll end up getting really bad quality junk. I know this might be a bothersome thing to ask, but does anyone have recommendations for those 3 things? Links?
I bought my harness and boots on Amazon and both were good quality. I made my waistskirt but the company that made my harness also makes that. It should appear in the related items on the listing.
Unread 07-06-2014, 06:22 PM   #938
Lazy Villain
Meh...Evil can wait

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shana05 View Post
I bought my harness and boots on Amazon and both were good quality. I made my waistskirt but the company that made my harness also makes that. It should appear in the related items on the listing.
Wish I'd saw this sooner. I already found and bought the rest of my uniform. I'm happy with the boots I got but I wish I'd got my harness from there.
Lazy Villain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2014, 10:40 PM   #939
Shana05
Annie Leonhardt Lover

I started work on lolita!Annie's cutsew. I redid the sleeves but I'll have to work on the hood when I get back from Tokyo in Tulsa. I decided to put a frill on the edge of the hood to make it more lolita.
Unread 07-15-2014, 01:42 AM   #940
schmemy
shh-meh-mee

I started my cloak today. I bought this great new fabric from Joann's that's a dark olive color, more muted than the typical hunter green, and I also ordered another patch from Recon Depot. This cloak is basically like a giant circle skirt for my upper body and it's so soft and cozy, I just want to take a nap in it. Especially once I add the big hood. *_*

Anime Kaiju 2015

2015 Cons

Unread 07-15-2014, 10:39 AM   #941
ZeRO-LESS-
(눈_눈)

^ Ooh, what fabric and how much did you buy, Schmemy? I really need to make me one of those cloak things.  ̄v ̄

.:Currently working on:.
Nothing until after New Year's... (・_・;

Σ(゚∀´(┗┐ヽ(눈‸눈)ノ
ZeRO-LESS- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2014, 11:57 PM   #942
schmemy
shh-meh-mee

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeRO-LESS- View Post
^ Ooh, what fabric and how much did you buy, Schmemy? I really need to make me one of those cloak things.  ̄v ̄
It's some kind of flannel in Joann's new fall fabrics collection. I have some pictures of my cloak so far on my instagram, and here's a good one to actually show what the color looks like! I like the tiny herringbone pattern woven into the fabric because it isn't super noticeable, but it gives it a bit more interest. :P

Some useful bits of info that I've learned after several hours of sewing: my cloak is unlined and I like it better that way (I have been debating between lined and unlined for days), and basically is just a giant circle skirt with a hood. I used 4 yards of the 45" fabric (for a 27" neck hole and 30" length) and it was almost not enough, so I would get at least another half yard, if not more. :P

Anime Kaiju 2015

2015 Cons

Last edited by schmemy : 07-16-2014 at 01:35 AM.
Unread 07-16-2014, 02:11 AM   #943
cherryrill
cherryrill

I'm cosplaying Sasha Braus at a convention next week. I won't have pictures till next week though but it's done and ready to go. ; v;
cherryrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2014, 03:47 PM   #944
ZeRO-LESS-
(눈_눈)

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmemy View Post
It's some kind of flannel in Joann's new fall fabrics collection. I have some pictures of my cloak so far on my instagram, and here's a good one to actually show what the color looks like! I like the tiny herringbone pattern woven into the fabric because it isn't super noticeable, but it gives it a bit more interest. :P

Some useful bits of info that I've learned after several hours of sewing: my cloak is unlined and I like it better that way (I have been debating between lined and unlined for days), and basically is just a giant circle skirt with a hood. I used 4 yards of the 45" fabric (for a 27" neck hole and 30" length) and it was almost not enough, so I would get at least another half yard, if not more. :P
Wow, your cloak, and hair, look awesome btw. Would the fabric happen to be this? Aww man, five yards? I didn't expect you'd need THAT much fabric. Thank you, thank you, thank you~

.:Currently working on:.
Nothing until after New Year's... (・_・;

Σ(゚∀´(┗┐ヽ(눈‸눈)ノ
ZeRO-LESS- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2014, 04:09 PM   #945
schmemy
shh-meh-mee

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeRO-LESS- View Post
Wow, your cloak, and hair, look awesome btw. Would the fabric happen to be this? Aww man, five yards? I didn't expect you'd need THAT much fabric. Thank you, thank you, thank you~
Thank you! Heheh with the hood up, you can't tell how bad I need a haircut. :P And yes, that's the fabric! It's because it's a 45" bolt instead of a 60" bolt. Less width means that you have to cut two semicircles instead of one full circle on the fold. It's that plus the hood that requires so much fabric, which is kinda lame, but at the same time, I LOVE the end result!

Anime Kaiju 2015

2015 Cons