Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga

Reply
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1770 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 06-27-2014, 09:58 PM   #931
Elycium
Applique ate my soul
 
Elycium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,977
Schmemy, what sort of fabric are you using for your hip thing?
__________________
Facebook page
Tumblr

Upcoming Costumes
Alibaba - Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic
H/A Elsa - Frozen
Yunan - Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic
Mephisto Pheles - Ao No Exorcist
Elycium is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Unread 06-28-2014, 12:39 AM   #932
schmemy
shh-meh-mee
 
schmemy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 560
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elycium View Post
Schmemy, what sort of fabric are you using for your hip thing?
I'm going with linen; I'm not a fan of the look of the leather ones.
__________________
In Progress Cosplays
Dagger (Book of Circus) | Elizabeth (Persona 3) | Tsukishima (Haikyuu!!)

Anime Kaiju 2015
Honey Lemon | Beatrice | Sonia Nevermind

2015 Cons
Anime Kaiju | MTAC | Colossalcon | Anime Expo | Akaicon | AWA | Shadocon

schmemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2014, 02:30 PM   #933
Technowraith
Stealing Dante's Pizza...
 
Technowraith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,881
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentTexas View Post
Hello Techno! Sorry to bring it up again(I promise this is the last time xD) but you showed me those SnK boots on Etsy and I was going to order a pair. I was wondering if you got yours? And if you liked them?
I did indeed get a chance to see tham, but have not had a chance to order them. Seems the Survey Corps decided to re-deploy my poor butt to a new barracks a few miles away. So I have to move in a couple days. Been busy with work overtime and packing. Hopefully once i get internet at the new place, things will level out and I can order things for the fall. I don't think I bookmarked the etsy shop though. LoL. >.<
__________________
Don't meddle in the affairs of dragons, for they think you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Current Cosplay Project:

Nero- Devil May Cry 4.
Current Costume status: Wig ordered.
Current Prop status:
Deathbringer: Full scale mock-up 85% complete. Design adjustments in progress.
Red Queen: Design in progress
Blue Rose: Not started yet.
Technowraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2014, 10:05 PM   #934
AgentTexas
ALL DA' WIGS
 
AgentTexas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 279
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technowraith View Post
I did indeed get a chance to see tham, but have not had a chance to order them. Seems the Survey Corps decided to re-deploy my poor butt to a new barracks a few miles away. So I have to move in a couple days. Been busy with work overtime and packing. Hopefully once i get internet at the new place, things will level out and I can order things for the fall. I don't think I bookmarked the etsy shop though. LoL. >.<
Ah, thanks for answering anyway. I'm just still searching and was wondering if you knew whether they were good or not

Now I need a formal military style jacket for my Levi cosplay...that hasn't proven much easier.
__________________

Facebook - Tumblr

-Cons 2015

Ohayocon
Shumatsucon
Colossalcon
Matsuricon
(maybe)Katsucon

-Cosplays

Hanji Zoe - Attack On Titan, 80% (need wig)
School Girl Rukia Kuchiki - Bleach, 0% (not yet started)
Armin Arlert - Attack On Titan, 100%
Levi Ackerman - Attack On Titan, 100%
Eren Jaeger - Attack On Titan, 70% (making shirt)
Taiga Aisaka - Toradora!, 15%(planning)
Ciel Phantomhive - Black Butler, 10%(planning even more)
Nagisa Hazuki - 10% (planning for Colossalcon)
AgentTexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2014, 01:35 AM   #935
Shana05
Annie Leonhardt Lover
 
Shana05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 5,138
I finally made that swimsuit for Annie. It wasn't that hard and was really quick. I've really been slacking off lately when it comes to working on cosplay and it's not like I'm busy or anything. Anyway, the swimsuit I got is the same one I got to make my Lapras and I can really tell by looking at the photos how much weight I've lost since I wore it last November.
__________________
Tumblr - Facebook Fan Page - Etsy Shop
Shana05 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2014, 10:52 PM   #936
Lazy Villain
Meh...Evil can wait
 
Lazy Villain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 110
Planning to cosplay a generic member of the Military Police for Otakon and I've been seriously neglecting getting all the pieces. I'm basicially covered from the waist up, just need the skirt thing, the harness, and the boots. Not gonna wear 3D since that alone would triple the price of those outfit and it's not necessary.

I'm super nervous about committing to anything though, I'm really afraid I'll end up getting really bad quality junk. I know this might be a bothersome thing to ask, but does anyone have recommendations for those 3 things? Links?
Lazy Villain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2014, 04:59 AM   #937
Shana05
Annie Leonhardt Lover
 
Shana05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 5,138
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Villain View Post
Planning to cosplay a generic member of the Military Police for Otakon and I've been seriously neglecting getting all the pieces. I'm basicially covered from the waist up, just need the skirt thing, the harness, and the boots. Not gonna wear 3D since that alone would triple the price of those outfit and it's not necessary.

I'm super nervous about committing to anything though, I'm really afraid I'll end up getting really bad quality junk. I know this might be a bothersome thing to ask, but does anyone have recommendations for those 3 things? Links?
I bought my harness and boots on Amazon and both were good quality. I made my waistskirt but the company that made my harness also makes that. It should appear in the related items on the listing.
__________________
Tumblr - Facebook Fan Page - Etsy Shop
Shana05 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2014, 06:22 PM   #938
Lazy Villain
Meh...Evil can wait
 
Lazy Villain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shana05 View Post
I bought my harness and boots on Amazon and both were good quality. I made my waistskirt but the company that made my harness also makes that. It should appear in the related items on the listing.
Wish I'd saw this sooner. I already found and bought the rest of my uniform. I'm happy with the boots I got but I wish I'd got my harness from there.
Lazy Villain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2014, 10:40 PM   #939
Shana05
Annie Leonhardt Lover
 
Shana05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 5,138
I started work on lolita!Annie's cutsew. I redid the sleeves but I'll have to work on the hood when I get back from Tokyo in Tulsa. I decided to put a frill on the edge of the hood to make it more lolita.
__________________
Tumblr - Facebook Fan Page - Etsy Shop
Shana05 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2014, 01:42 AM   #940
schmemy
shh-meh-mee
 
schmemy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 560
I started my cloak today. I bought this great new fabric from Joann's that's a dark olive color, more muted than the typical hunter green, and I also ordered another patch from Recon Depot. This cloak is basically like a giant circle skirt for my upper body and it's so soft and cozy, I just want to take a nap in it. Especially once I add the big hood. *_*
__________________
In Progress Cosplays
Dagger (Book of Circus) | Elizabeth (Persona 3) | Tsukishima (Haikyuu!!)

Anime Kaiju 2015
Honey Lemon | Beatrice | Sonia Nevermind

2015 Cons
Anime Kaiju | MTAC | Colossalcon | Anime Expo | Akaicon | AWA | Shadocon

schmemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2014, 10:39 AM   #941
ZeRO-LESS-
(눈_눈)
 
ZeRO-LESS-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 578
^ Ooh, what fabric and how much did you buy, Schmemy? I really need to make me one of those cloak things.  ̄v ̄
__________________
☆*:.。.Deviant Art.。.:*☆

.:Currently working on:.
Nothing until after New Year's... (・_・;

Σ(゚∀´(┗┐ヽ(눈‸눈)ノ
ZeRO-LESS- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2014, 11:57 PM   #942
schmemy
shh-meh-mee
 
schmemy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 560
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeRO-LESS- View Post
^ Ooh, what fabric and how much did you buy, Schmemy? I really need to make me one of those cloak things.  ̄v ̄
It's some kind of flannel in Joann's new fall fabrics collection. I have some pictures of my cloak so far on my instagram, and here's a good one to actually show what the color looks like! I like the tiny herringbone pattern woven into the fabric because it isn't super noticeable, but it gives it a bit more interest. :P

Some useful bits of info that I've learned after several hours of sewing: my cloak is unlined and I like it better that way (I have been debating between lined and unlined for days), and basically is just a giant circle skirt with a hood. I used 4 yards of the 45" fabric (for a 27" neck hole and 30" length) and it was almost not enough, so I would get at least another half yard, if not more. :P
__________________
In Progress Cosplays
Dagger (Book of Circus) | Elizabeth (Persona 3) | Tsukishima (Haikyuu!!)

Anime Kaiju 2015
Honey Lemon | Beatrice | Sonia Nevermind

2015 Cons
Anime Kaiju | MTAC | Colossalcon | Anime Expo | Akaicon | AWA | Shadocon


Last edited by schmemy : 07-16-2014 at 01:35 AM.
schmemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2014, 02:11 AM   #943
cherryrill
cherryrill
 
cherryrill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 10
I'm cosplaying Sasha Braus at a convention next week. I won't have pictures till next week though but it's done and ready to go. ; v;
__________________
Convention List
AnimeIowa 14' - Weiss Schnee (PJ's), Sasha Braus, Digby, Trashed! Aoba
Nebraskon 14' - Weiss Schnee, Sasha Braus, Momotaruo (#MiniSHIBA), Digby
cherryrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2014, 03:47 PM   #944
ZeRO-LESS-
(눈_눈)
 
ZeRO-LESS-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 578
Quote:
Originally Posted by schmemy View Post
It's some kind of flannel in Joann's new fall fabrics collection. I have some pictures of my cloak so far on my instagram, and here's a good one to actually show what the color looks like! I like the tiny herringbone pattern woven into the fabric because it isn't super noticeable, but it gives it a bit more interest. :P

Some useful bits of info that I've learned after several hours of sewing: my cloak is unlined and I like it better that way (I have been debating between lined and unlined for days), and basically is just a giant circle skirt with a hood. I used 4 yards of the 45" fabric (for a 27" neck hole and 30" length) and it was almost not enough, so I would get at least another half yard, if not more. :P
Wow, your cloak, and hair, look awesome btw. Would the fabric happen to be this? Aww man, five yards? I didn't expect you'd need THAT much fabric. Thank you, thank you, thank you~
__________________
☆*:.。.Deviant Art.。.:*☆

.:Currently working on:.
Nothing until after New Year's... (・_・;

Σ(゚∀´(┗┐ヽ(눈‸눈)ノ
ZeRO-LESS- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2014, 04:09 PM   #945
schmemy
shh-meh-mee
 
schmemy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 560
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeRO-LESS- View Post
Wow, your cloak, and hair, look awesome btw. Would the fabric happen to be this? Aww man, five yards? I didn't expect you'd need THAT much fabric. Thank you, thank you, thank you~
Thank you! Heheh with the hood up, you can't tell how bad I need a haircut. :P And yes, that's the fabric! It's because it's a 45" bolt instead of a 60" bolt. Less width means that you have to cut two semicircles instead of one full circle on the fold. It's that plus the hood that requires so much fabric, which is kinda lame, but at the same time, I LOVE the end result!
__________________
In Progress Cosplays
Dagger (Book of Circus) | Elizabeth (Persona 3) | Tsukishima (Haikyuu!!)

Anime Kaiju 2015
Honey Lemon | Beatrice | Sonia Nevermind

2015 Cons
Anime Kaiju | MTAC | Colossalcon | Anime Expo | Akaicon | AWA | Shadocon

schmemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:15 AM.


Copyright 2002-2013 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.