Weapon idea for this OC.

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k1...psbee8febb.jpg
That is my character. It's basically a dark magical girl..A little info
-Hair- dark blue
-Dress; Black
-Trim on dress- Dark Blue
-Boots- Black
-Boot trim- Dark Blue

Style is like a magic casting kinda magical girl. She can use her weapon to cast spells..Much like a mage in an RPG, except I don't want it to be "a typical mage staff"..I want it to be a weapon AND staff. So far I thought of a scythe..I like long weapons..And scythes..

Anyway, this is what I had for now:
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k1...ps575891cb.jpg
But the scythe when finished will be this (Forgot to add some detail to the girl picture):
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k1...pscc021853.jpg
That will be wire that's wrapped around it..

For those of you who know the series Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, you will know the bad guys have similar weapons to the good guys (as in they are the same idea, but different weapons) and magical clothes changes too. This will be similar..

However, this is where the problem comes in..Is there any other kind of weapon that would fit better in this character that I can use cardboard and a PVC pipe to make? I am using the pipe because I already have it..It's about the same as the first pic shows it.

Any other weapon ideas that are still "magical girl esque" (weapon meaning something to use in close or mid range combat) that also has a spell casting gel? I was the thinking the floating gem idea was way too cliche for spell casting weapon because that's actually pretty normal..Idk what else and this took me forever and my friends help just to even get this far..

Thank you
-Either Hikari (Pokemon Platinum) or Roxanne (Pokemon Omega Ruby)
-Squall Leonhart (Dissidia: Final Fantasy)
-Akaito (Vocaloid. Re/Black ver)
Jei-Cos is online now   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-13-2014, 11:46 PM   #2
Dieselpunk

If you want a twist on the staff idea, you can check out the combined TMNT weapon from this episode of Man at Arms.

If you are not married to the staff idea, what about a crossbow that shoots crystals instead of bolts?
Dieselpunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2014, 11:52 PM   #3
Synaster

I love the bat-wing scythe idea, but I don't know if it really fits her. I think it's a really good start, but she seems to need... a little more. Of what, I don't know. Maybe if you conveyed a little more of her personality, background, and what she stands for (is she completely evil, for example?) into her outfit and/or just having it in mind, her weapon of choice will start to come through in your head. I don't know these things, so it would be hard for me to really help.

She seems a little cutesy, so I'd almost expect ribbons. Good luck!
Synaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2014, 03:26 PM   #4
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

Ah background helps I guess huh lol
But let me start with, I have already seen that man at arms episode and that's not really anywhere near what I'm getting at. That's more just a melee multi weapon that's just there..This has to do different things..

Anyway onto the background. So she IS a bad guy, I'm sure that's obvious..She's the lead antagonist of the series I am starting.She doesn't do much fighting, but needs something more than "magic staff" in case she is in an altercation. Also "magic staff" doesn't seem very "bad guy"ish.It seems more fit for the main Heroine, who DOES have a not weaponed staff (it can be used to block blades and whatever, but has no blades or other weapon qualities). This girl is a devil (in my series demons called take over people and she can call them, making her like their master..There are 3 Devils but she is the top dog. She has a "normal every day alter ego" that the main character at this point doesn't know about. The reason I picked a scythe was because I have practice not only drawing them for character poses, but I can pose with them pretty good myself..The whole bat wing idea was the whole "devil" thing..Does that make sense? I couldn't think of anything better than the bat wing blade..

Idk what other info would be needed but yea..In her normal everyday life, she does what she can to be a normal person as to not tip anyone off to her other self..
Unread 08-14-2014, 08:45 PM   #5
Synaster

Is this outfit her normal everyday clothes? Because if not, she may need more details. If she's going to be the queen of all that's bad, her clothes seem a little, well, plain. In most anime shows, the main bad guys' clothing are pretty lavish. If you don't want to add more, just ignore me.

What other things would you associate with her? Spiders? Thorns? Fire?
Unread 08-14-2014, 09:26 PM   #6
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synaster View Post
Is this outfit her normal everyday clothes? Because if not, she may need more details. If she's going to be the queen of all that's bad, her clothes seem a little, well, plain. In most anime shows, the main bad guys' clothing are pretty lavish. If you don't want to add more, just ignore me.

What other things would you associate with her? Spiders? Thorns? Fire?
Well, I tried to ask my friend (the one that helped me with the scythe in that design) and we can't come up with anything in my skill level I can add..

As for other things, really just spells in general, like anything..They both have spell chants. that do whatever it is that's said. The only thing even close that I can think of is maybe like Harry Potter how they say a spell, rather than a word..So like, another example would be like: "From the Sky above, lightning's rage, strike them down" rather than "Thunder!"..And that's what the spell gem thing is for. It lets her cast the spell, a lot like how Nanoha's magic in this:
http://superherotaisen.files.wordpre...no_s crya.jpg
her magic is within the red spear gem. That gem is what allows her to cast magic. Same with mine..

I guess it's just kinda confusing because there are so many different things that would work..I just can't think of any..Like an art mind block..

Also if you think you can help make the outfit look better too, that'd be awesome..It has to go off that base though because that part is actually already finished..The waist band and the back bow are removable though. So I can add onto that, or even take it away.
Unread 08-14-2014, 10:47 PM   #7
Synaster

Hmm... maybe add bat wing bows as her pigtail holders (it would help tie in the bat wing scythe), maybe a necklace or choker, and I think she'd look cute in a corset. And hey, maybe add a familiar.

Are those thigh-high boots or stockings? If boots, maybe they could be laced, and if stockings, they could be striped.

That's all I can think of for now
Unread 08-15-2014, 12:52 AM   #8
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

I actually was planning on a choker..I think a bat would work well if this weapon ends up being a for sure..Well, I don't have the skill to make bat like bows..I have only made normal ones..And I already have one that is like in the final picture there..

They are boots. And no I can not change anything about them. They are already made. Boots like that that lace up are nowhere near my skill level in any way, nor would I ever be able to justify buying any because boots are extremely expensive, let alone ones that tall AND heeled.

Thank you though.
Unread 08-16-2014, 02:38 AM   #9
Synaster

Okay, boots can't be altered, but maybe you can add something to it, like some kind of anklet (more bat wings?). You talked about maybe adding wire to the scythe. How do you think it'll look if the wire was thicker, or ribbons that have been spray-starched to death?

Also, one more thing to think about: another color to contrast with the dark colors (like white, silver, or light blue; it'll make her "pop" a little more. I do realize that the outfit is pretty much done, but the contrast color can be done with accessories.

I used to design characters years ago, but I've since stopped drawing. I see her as having potential, so I want to help (and see the end result. Lol).

Well, if nothing else, you might find some ideas if you look up "evil magical girls" in Google. Good luck ^_^
Unread 08-16-2014, 08:38 PM   #10
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synaster View Post
Okay, boots can't be altered, but maybe you can add something to it, like some kind of anklet (more bat wings?). You talked about maybe adding wire to the scythe. How do you think it'll look if the wire was thicker, or ribbons that have been spray-starched to death?

Also, one more thing to think about: another color to contrast with the dark colors (like white, silver, or light blue; it'll make her "pop" a little more. I do realize that the outfit is pretty much done, but the contrast color can be done with accessories.

I used to design characters years ago, but I've since stopped drawing. I see her as having potential, so I want to help (and see the end result. Lol).

Well, if nothing else, you might find some ideas if you look up "evil magical girls" in Google. Good luck ^_^
I was thinking bad wings on the ankles of the boots..Kinda liuke how Aqua in KHBBB hasthe wings on her ankles:
http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2...Aqua_KHBBS.png
Except, obviously in a different style, but same placement.
Do you mean ribbon on the SCYTHE? I could get blue ribbon that's got wire in it..That'll solve the stiffness problem..I actually can see that being better..

Yes accessories are what I mostly want to do in "contrasting" colors..Like a silver choker emblem, or something..It'll need to be something I can buy in less than a week though..Like a pendant at hot topic or some crap..I can't make a clay one..

I actually did..But most of them that come up are things like either real people that just have a witch look to them (like from movies as a girl that has magic and is evil, which is different)..So that won't help haha

Thank you though
Unread 08-17-2014, 02:07 PM   #11
Synaster

Yes, ribbons on the scythe. It'll help with matching her to her weapon.

And yeah, bat wings on her ankles would look pretty cool. Kinda like how Hermes of Greek mythology has winged sandals.

You can always make your own accessories for the next con too