Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Cosplay Suggestions

Unread 08-18-2014, 01:24 AM   #1
Melanie.

How to cosplay Harley Queen?

Recently, I like Harley Queen the clown. But I just see some online shops having it. Anyway, I want to make the suits by oneself.
Melanie. is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-18-2014, 04:40 AM   #2
Synaster

That's "Harley Quinn". Buy two shirts, one black and one red. Cut them down the middle. Sew the right half of one color to the left half of the other, and vice versa. Do the same thing with black pants and red pants. Now you have two costumes. Get a black mask and white face paint.

You're welcome
Synaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2014, 07:56 AM   #3
Lustyyxo

The reason I'm here is to be the internet police. Who the hell is Harley Queen? Are you on about Harley Quinn from the Batman series?

Well it depends qhich version, the classic BMTAS is how the above said. I would suggest buying two zentai or PVC catsuits, one in black and one in red. Get them a size too big and cut them into the right pattern and use the left overs to make the gloves, shoe covers and the hat. If you dont want the hat, go for a blonde wig with two thick pony tail clip-ins thta reach your shoulders, or just a bit shorter.

Suicide Sqaud version is a red and deep blue corset that is slightly undone, black and red, middle-parted hair that is tied up at either side and brushes the shoulders. Black shorts, knee-high socks and a belt with guns.

There's also the Burlesque version, then the version where Harley wore a nightgown and said "Wanna Rev up ya Harley, mistah Jay?". Give us some guidance, haha.

In Progress cosplays: Heartseeker Ashe (LoL) - Pattern Made. Harley Quinn (Burlesque) - 20%

I take cosplay commissions :3
Lustyyxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2014, 10:28 AM   #4
nathancarter
Victor Voyeur Photography

edit: redacted my "Zorldo" wisecrack.

OP, as suggested above, the first step would be to figure out what version of Harley you want to do - there are dozens, maybe hundreds of different "canon" versions out there, plus thousands more non-canon versions made up by fans. It's generally OK to put your own spin on a character like this, since there are so many different styles out there, and the signature "look" is easy to adapt into a lot of different styles.

After deciding which version you want, the next step will be to review the costume from as many angles as possible, and break it down into a list of all the different components: The shirt, dress, corset; tights; makeup or face paint; hat or wig; shoes; accessories like the hammer, "BANG" gun, playing cards, etc.

Once you have a list of all the components you need, figure out which ones you can make or sew yourself, and which ones you'll need to buy or commission. Then get to work!

For a character like this, where the "look" is heavily defined by the face paint and makeup, it's a great idea to do at least one or two makeup tests before the day of your event, convention, or photoshoot. Figure out what products and techniques work, and which ones don't. Also, if you're wearing it for a convention, figure out what products will last all day and which ones won't. Off-the-shelf halloween cream makeup will usually start to look crappy after a couple of hours at the longest. Quality theatrical makeup, properly applied and set, can look good all day.

http://flickr.com/nathancarter
https://www.facebook.com/VictorVoyeur
MetroCon - CONjure - Dragon Con - MegaCon

Last edited by nathancarter : 08-18-2014 at 10:36 AM.
nathancarter is offline   Reply With Quote