Go Back   Cosplay.com > International Forums > Japan

Unread 03-09-2015, 11:49 AM   #1
angelywen

AnimeJapan 2015 ~ Help?

Hi everyone! I'm going on a family trip to Japan for spring break and coincidentally happen to be in Tokyo during AnimeJapan. I'll most likely be going on the 21st (Saturday) with my brother, and was wondering if anyone had any insight as to what events/areas to check out?

More specifically, insight on cosplaying there? I'm debating on whether this is a good idea or not. Planning on bringing Kurami Zell from No Game No Life =D but I'm not sure about the rules/culture/etiquette...so yes ^^; any info would be greatly appreciated.
angelywen is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-17-2015, 01:09 AM   #2
sooyong
Ninja for Hire

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelywen View Post
Hi everyone! I'm going on a family trip to Japan for spring break and coincidentally happen to be in Tokyo during AnimeJapan. I'll most likely be going on the 21st (Saturday) with my brother, and was wondering if anyone had any insight as to what events/areas to check out?

More specifically, insight on cosplaying there? I'm debating on whether this is a good idea or not. Planning on bringing Kurami Zell from No Game No Life =D but I'm not sure about the rules/culture/etiquette...so yes ^^; any info would be greatly appreciated.
Sorry for not checking on this sooner!

A few months ago I wrote about cosplaying in Japan and what to expect. Hope you find this useful: http://sooyong.deviantart.com/journa...apan-484650203

Have fun! I went to Anime Japan last year with my friend and we had a pretty good time. I'd go again but I'll be in Osaka for Nipponbashi Street Festa. Enjoy your stay in Japan!

sooyong is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2015, 10:55 PM   #3
miainwonderland
Unoffical Disney Princess

Hi there! I know that they do have restrictions on props, especially if its a weapon. Weapon props are not allowed at all for the convention. There is also specified areas inside and outside the venue where you are allowed to take photos(It's not like in the states where you can be anywhere and just snap a shot) and obviously if you want to take photos of other cosplayers, you must ask permission from them. I believe you can't come in full costume and will probably have to pay to use the dressing rooms they set up( This is my first convention in Japan, but for the TokyoDisney events I've done, we are normally allowed to arrive in costume.). My friends and I are going on the 22nd, so sadly we won't see each other. But I hope you have a great time at the convention and enjoy your stay in Tokyo
Elsa Ice Dress(Frozen)
Hipster Elsa(Frozen)
DC Bombshell Poison Ivy
Imperial Officer(Star Wars)
Tie-Fighter(Star Wars)

Future Cosplay Projects:
Lady Loki(Marvel)
Jack Frost(Rise of the Guardians)
Wendy Darling(Peter Pan)

Upcoming Events:
AnimeJapan 2015
Celebration at Anahime 2015
miainwonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2015, 03:53 AM   #4
angelywen

Thanks for all the tips!

Thanks for all of the advice/tips! I actually ended up going Sunday instead because there was some confusion in acquiring tickets. I only had time to walk around in cosplay for a little bit, but I'm glad I did~definitely very different from the US cons I usually go to =)

Thanks again!
angelywen is offline   Reply With Quote