Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Gurren Lagann

Unread 07-30-2015, 04:10 PM   #1
Jbeckjr

Fun Kamina idea!

Hi all! So I used to watch anime all the time as a kid, but took a break. Then I started watching Gurren Lagann this month and binged through it. I loved every second of it.

Anyway. There is a Anime Convention at the end of August near me that I was planning on going to, but I normally cosplay at conventions and wanted an idea.

I was going to get the correct blue wig / glasses and do Kamina! ... but i'm not confidant enough to go shirtless so I had the strange idea of doing something different and going as "Night Out Kamina" Wig/Glasses/Red dress shirt with the logo sewn in on the back and a orange pocket square, black dress pants, black shoes.

It's a strange idea but i've seen other people do something like it for other characters and it might be different enough to be fun!

Any opinions? Thanks!!!!
Jbeckjr is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-31-2015, 06:11 PM   #2
boinam

I think the idea of character variations are great as long as people still recognize who you are!
boinam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2015, 06:39 PM   #3
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

This is a very clever idea. Are you doing an time period specific kind or just normal now a days stuff?
What I mean is, I could TOTALLY see this as a 70's disco outfit. I don't know where it is becasue I don't remember the character, but there ws a picture of a 70's disco pose I've seen before, and i can totally picture Kamina doing it..
-Created Character [SAO Hollow Realization]
-Cloud [Dissidia Final Fantasy]
-Red [Pokemon Fire Red]
-Gohan [DBZ]
Jei-Cos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2015, 10:25 PM   #4
Jbeckjr

Thanks for the replies everyone!

Jei-Cos: I agree. I love the character but sometimes it's fun to see some different versions of them. Sometimes they can be hilarious or downright amazing. That's why I love Cosplay so much. It's not about making it exact *at least for me* it's about having fun!.

Boinam: It's funny that you mention that, because I've seen that pose before as well! My shirt is a shiny red, so it could definitely be taken that way. I grabbed the blue wig, and I went with black versions of his glasses because well... he is out on the town!

I'll try to keep everyone updated. Thanks again for the responses!
Jbeckjr is offline   Reply With Quote