Unread 06-07-2016, 02:19 AM   #16
musicalcats
Mars Fire Ignite

Anime North 2016 Review
Cons
*raining at pre-reg
*hot weather outside & in dealer's room
*too many people in pool
*paying for autographs & pictures with voice actors: did not pay!
*expensive prices in dealer's room
*cosplay malfunctions
*injuries
*long lines to get in & weapons check
*heavy bags & luggage
*crowds
*too many airplanes
*bag broke
*missing my cats
Pros
*hanging with friends
*fridge in room
*pool
*taking pictures
*photoshoots with groups & photographer
*snacks
*wig/cosplay help
*food
*talking to new people
*air condition at hotels & shuttle buses
*luggage checkout
*Sailor Moon voice panel
*buying stuff
*seeing cosplays
*eating out
Esmeraude (Sailor Moon) (Sunday)
My cosplay page:
musicalcats is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-07-2016, 05:44 PM   #17
Arokh Fithos
The Last Dragon of Art

My Report in Reviewing

Sorry it took over a week to make this out, but had a lot of things to sort out AFTER the convention.

Now that I have a break, lets go.

Begin the report:

Who did you cosplay as?: Thurs.: Original Gangsta| Fri.: Victorian/Edwardian Masquerader| Sat.: Agent of Shinra| Sun: Coolway Alleycat (OC)|

How many days did you attend for?: All three + Thursday, stayed til 6PM

Most memorable event/moment: Archery District 10 Min. Game,(Hit 3 People, Got Hit Twice) so +1 FTW! Hitting the rubber ducky and Centre of Target within 4 shots in the Practice Area!

Most unexpected event/moment: Moonlight Masquerade Ball, Being titled the "Hero of the Ball", and earning a free ticket for my valient efforts to get a shuttlebus to the DT, while driving others to the Holiday Inn to attend the event.

Most awkward event/moment: Being Late for the Final Fantasy Photoshoot on Saturday

Favourite event/moment: Getting my "Spirit of the Ultimate Fan" sketch/autograph done in front of me for FREE!

Least favourite event/moment: When I didn't get my panel through to AN, but will try harder next year.

How much money did you spend?: Nothing (Was dead broke for entire convention)

Best cosplay you saw: VG: Rose from The Legend of Dragoon|OC: Moonlight Masquerade Ball Male/Female Winner & the Purple Haired Masquerade Dancer |Anime:Britiannia from Hetalia|Television: Kamen Rider|Star Wars: BB-8|Movie: Ghostbuster Anderson

How many pictures did you take?: 170+

How far did you travel in order to attend the con?: 125km (from Mono, ON)

How sad/happy were you when the con ended?: Bittersweet about it all, to be completely honest.

What variety of food did you eat over the weekend?: Protien Shakes, Breakfast Cereal, Oatmeal, Shrimp, Crackers, Toast, Coffee, Matcha Tea, and LOTS of water.

What did you buy?: Nothing, for as I've said, I was dead broke.

Things you won't miss: The heat, the waiting, the missing shuttle bus(es), the crowds, the inconcideration(s), the mess-ups, the let-downs, the disappointments, and most of all, the traffic conditions/Disorganization of it all.

And finally, what did you do when you got home from the convention?: Packed up everything, left for home at night time, and immediately went to sleep, with an audition to prepare for the very next day.

Any additional stuff you wanna say?: While it was an interesting experience, and the overall rating of the convention was/is good, I must say, compared to AN's 10th Anniversary, it was probably a convention now too big for its britches. I would rate it 5th best convention year I've had the pleasure to experience. (1st: 2004|2nd: 2006|3rd: 2013|4th: 2015) [I do believe Anime North can always improve itself, and hope it does make them necessary, before they cannot be redeemed, any more longer]

See you next year, for possibly the very last time.

End of Report.

Last edited by Arokh Fithos : 06-07-2016 at 05:54 PM.
Arokh Fithos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2016, 07:32 AM   #18
DireKitty
Captain Kittens

Also posting this here --> if you want to provide feedback post here

Official Anime North Forums

Anime North Reddit Community
DireKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2016, 03:37 PM   #19
AzulaFan199
For the Horde.

Who did you cosplay as? Friday : Hera (star wars rebels ), Sat:Jedi and Sun: Squirrel girl

How many days did you attend for? All 3 days.

Most memorable event/moment: I got chased by a dog on sun at Tim hortons in my squirrel girl cosplay. Yup its official I was squirrel girl and yes I scared the poor dog when i turned on him and said NO.
Most unexpected event/moment: I was wearing my Hera cosplay and this little girl wanted a picture of me . she then told me she wanted to be a pilot and Hera was her favourite Star wars character.

Most awkward event/moment: Driving back from Con Fri to Pickering where we stayed all weekend and this guy on the 401 almost crashed cause he was too busy looking at me in my Hera cosplay and not looking at the road.

Favourite event/moment: Seeing my best friend at the airport fri morning, She flew in from Newfound just for the Con and then had to leave mon. so sad.

Least favourite event/moment: Crazy fucked up kids crossing a 6 lane high way . Yes you are soft and squishy people and cars will hit you no matter you are in cosplay or not. SO NOT DO IT DUMBASS.

How much money did you spend? lost track after buying my fighting lightsaber on friday night,
Best cosplay you saw: LEAFMAN from Epic. made my weekend.

How many pictures did you take? lost track
How far did you travel in order to attend the con? Wyevale and if you can find it on the map…good luck.
How sad/happy were you when the con ended? Very sad cause I had to say good bye to my friend too
What variety of food did you eat over the weekend? Can’t remember fri night but sat was Mr Greek and Sun was Sushi.
What did you buy? Light sabre ( Lukes) , Soom Ball jointed doll, didn’t buy a lot sold a ton of stuff at Doll north thou. came home with $1500.00
Things you won't miss: STUPID KIDS

And finally, what did you do when you got home from the convention? Well i have a horse farm so I cleaned out 5 stalls when i got home Monday after noon and rode 4 horses. then hoped int eh car to head back into town for a friends dinner party.
Any additional stuff you wanna say? Had a blast at Star wars Photo shoot and if anyone took pictures at the shoot friday please share them .

RIP Bailey, Mouse, Spencer and Tori (our horses that where lost in a barn fire)

Last edited by AzulaFan199 : 06-09-2016 at 03:39 PM.
AzulaFan199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2016, 09:05 PM   #20
Pasiphilo
Life Imitating Art

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzulaFan199 View Post
Best cosplay you saw: LEAFMAN from Epic. made my weekend.
Wow, I think that was me! I loved your Hera costume. I wish I'd taken a picture. I always forget to do that. I was gushing over a Zahir cosplay on Sunday and totally forgot to take his picture, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzulaFan199 View Post
Any additional stuff you wanna say? Had a blast at Star wars Photo shoot and if anyone took pictures at the shoot friday please share them.
I posted a photo taken with my camera at the Western/Comics photoshoot on Friday here.
Pasiphilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2016, 02:02 AM   #21
seiryuux
Cosplay Chameleon

Who did you cosplay as?:
Friday: Guilty module/ACUTE song KAITO (Vocaloid), one of Junior Xiong's henchmen (RWBY)
Saturday: Junior Xiong himself (RWBY), Persona 4 protagonist (Dancing All Night version)
Sunday: Junior again

How many days did you attend for?: whole weekend

Most memorable event/moment: All the RWBY shoots

Most unexpected event/moment:
- The lack of signage for photoshoots on Friday. I honestly was very surprised because normally direkitty is on top of these things
- The lack of turnout for the Friday Vocaloid shoot, possibly due to the Love Live shoot happening at the same time
- Seeing Persona 1 cosplays ever. That's a very big rarity since the majority of Persona cosplays are from 3 and 4.

Most awkward event/moment:
- My poor planning and lacking motivation to promote the Persona shoot led to about less than 20 people joining, the smallest I've ever had to lead.
- My roommate's anti-snoring tactic plus an uncomfortable IP sofa bed for two people led to only 4 hours of sleep Friday to Saturday. However, it did lead me make a prototype for the purple dildo bat from Saints Row The Third, LOL
- Same early Saturday, I was about to go into the women's side of the gender neutral bathroom at IP, but then chickened out at the last minute and went into the men's side instead. No doubt it was clean at that early time, but it just felt really weird for me to go in there.

Favourite event/moment: Again, the RWBY shoots

Least favourite event/moment: Sleep deprivation and the heat making me lose my emotional cool when a friend really wanted something to eat/drink after being in a really warm cosplay for 7+ hours on Sunday. I needed a little anti-social downtime away from my friends so I wouldn't full out blow up on them.

How much money did you spend?: $40 on posters, $150 on hotel, around $60-70 in food

Best cosplay you saw: A League of Legends cosplay on a rhino

How many pictures did you take?: around 1000+

How far did you travel in order to attend the con?: Usually it's about 30-40 minute drive from the Scarborough/Pickering border to AN, but it became 1.5-2 hours due to having to pick up/drop off people.

How sad/happy were you when the con ended?: Sad

What variety of food did you eat over the weekend?: Harvey's original burger combo, IP breakfast buffet twice, Ginko's snacks twice (takoyaki, onigiri, croquettes), Swiss Chalet chicken pot pie, Boston Pizza chicken Parmesan, granola bars, Starbucks frappes

What did you buy?: 3 posters (Legend of Zelda trio, individuals of X and Zero from MegaMan X)

Things you won't miss: The heat, sleep deprivation, IP sofa bed not really made for two people (especially two people who move around in bed a lot)

And finally, what did you do when you got home from the convention?: Unpacked, undressed, sleep

Any additional stuff you wanna say?: With Persona 5 being released a few months before AN 2017, I intend to do a much better job at running the Persona shoot next year.

Facebook
Fanfiction.net - Persona 3 Portable: Where No Persona Has Gone Before

Last edited by seiryuux : 06-14-2016 at 01:07 AM.
seiryuux is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2016, 04:26 PM   #22
DireKitty
Captain Kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by seiryuux View Post
Most unexpected event/moment:
- The lack of signage for photoshoots on Friday. I honestly was very surprised because normally direkitty is on top of these things
The bungee cords used for the signs were missing from the storage room at the IP. I suspect some other section decided that they could steal it for their own purposes. Thus new ones had to be procured, which unfortunately took some time to do so and significantly delayed sign set up.

Official Anime North Forums

Anime North Reddit Community
DireKitty is offline   Reply With Quote