Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > CLAMP Series

Unread 08-21-2016, 03:52 PM   #1
Rogue-Eaglet

Stars bless you Sakura (CSS)

I fell in love with Sakura's outfit from Good Smile Company's latest figurine and decided to try making it. I'm still in the early stages of planning everything out, but I have to admit I'm not too savvy on the see-through like fabrics. I've only dabble lightly into chiffons until this point, and I'm not sure it'd be possible to use something like that for her collar. I'm thinking maybe using transparent worbla for that section and using fabrics for the section atop her circle, but I figured it'd be worth a shot asking if anyone had suggestions or ideas to test out?

The other thing that would be nice hearing opinions about is the gold border on the bottom of her skirt and top of the bodice. I'm thinking either doing an applique or using 3D paint, however again, if anyone has another idea, do shoot.

References of the outfit:
Artwork
Close-up of collar
Close-up of skirt section

W.I.P. Log
Sailor Jupiter (Sailor Moon); Han Solo (SW: ESB); Ardyn Izunia (FFXV); Evie Frye (AS: Syndicate)
Rogue-Eaglet is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-19-2016, 02:52 PM   #2
camoterra

For see-through material, I'd also go to tulle first, or any other kind of netting like that. Organza is probably the best option. It looks nicer than tulle and has a sort of sheen to it. As for the border, I think applique will be tough (I have very little experience with it though) So I would go with the paint as long as it gives you the look you want. Hope that helps!

Edit: I just came across this tutorial and thought it might help with the gold edges.

http://cosplayhelpwithdecember.tumbl...-while-ago-and

Last edited by camoterra : 10-20-2016 at 09:15 AM. Reason: Found new info
camoterra is offline   Reply With Quote