Go Back   Cosplay.com > International Forums > United Kingdom

Unread 01-28-2009, 06:30 PM   #46
Sephirayne
Ranger from the North

I can proparly make the 14th but not the 7th. I may have other plans on the 7th.
Sephiroth(Dissidia FF and Classic) - Abel Nightroad(Empire, Early AX white jacket, AX Artbook and Gold Armour with BOOK O' DOOOMM) - Cain Nightroad(Trinity Blood Artbook) - Madam Red and Undertaker(Kuroshitsuji) - Lucius Malfoy (Harry Potter films) - Legolas(Lord of The Rings Films) -

Trinity Blood - when one Nightroad is never enough. Experience it for yourself today!
Sephirayne is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-29-2009, 09:10 AM   #47
ballet shoes
candy holic

I cant make the 7th, its two of my friend's birthdays

Emma Frost - X Men
Noel Vermillion - Blaz Blue
Hope Esthiem - Final Fantasy XIII
Black Cat - Amazing Spiderman
ballet shoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2009, 03:01 PM   #48
CheetosFtw

Don't sweat it 8D
Im not going on the 7th anyway XD Its only a small meet..
TRhe big meet should be on the 14th owo
*It'd be awsome if Bloo was going..'cause then loads of people would turn up XD!*
Unread 01-30-2009, 06:07 PM   #49
Sephirayne
Ranger from the North

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheetosFtw View Post
Don't sweat it 8D
Im not going on the 7th anyway XD Its only a small meet..
TRhe big meet should be on the 14th owo
*It'd be awsome if Bloo was going..'cause then loads of people would turn up XD!*
That would be cool. It would be cool even if she didn't make it. Especially if lots of peeps can go.
Sephiroth(Dissidia FF and Classic) - Abel Nightroad(Empire, Early AX white jacket, AX Artbook and Gold Armour with BOOK O' DOOOMM) - Cain Nightroad(Trinity Blood Artbook) - Madam Red and Undertaker(Kuroshitsuji) - Lucius Malfoy (Harry Potter films) - Legolas(Lord of The Rings Films) -

Trinity Blood - when one Nightroad is never enough. Experience it for yourself today!
Unread 02-02-2009, 02:58 PM   #50
CheetosFtw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephirayne View Post
That would be cool. It would be cool even if she didn't make it. Especially if lots of peeps can go.
I dont even rlly talk to Bloo..so she doesnt know about it oAo;;
theres going to be a decent amount of people, hopefully..but not as many as there would be if Bloo were to attend. People from London would come if Bloo came.. T_T
Unread 02-02-2009, 04:52 PM   #51
Sephirayne
Ranger from the North

I do have reasonable communitcation with her so I could mention it. I can't promise anything though as she is very busy.

Unread 06-16-2014, 08:01 PM   #52
Chris-Drom

any1 here still active

Last edited by Chris-Drom : 06-16-2014 at 08:04 PM.
Chris-Drom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2014, 03:53 PM   #53
RandomBoo
randomboo.com

Iím from the north-west, the Cheshire area, Iíll be going to the Manchester Comic Con this weekend
RandomBoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2015, 08:44 AM   #54
JayCharlie

I'm from Manchester!<3
Hopefully Ill see you all at future meets and con's
JayCharlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2015, 07:16 PM   #55
Taliats

Anyone going to the Telford comic-con on valentines day?
Taliats is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2015, 06:50 AM   #56
NRoxy

New Manchester based cosplayer here. I'll be going to MCM Manchester comic con this July, the next Trafford Waterstones Manga bazaar, I'll possibly look into play expo, and trying to convince a friend to go to the Manchester anime con next April.
NRoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2015, 06:17 AM   #57
Kamineko_ii
@SkullKidUK

Where's a reasonably priced place to stay in Manchester if I'm looking to go the mcm? i'm not familiar with the city. I know it's late notice.
Kamineko_ii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2015, 04:29 AM   #58
NRoxy

I guess that depends on what you consider reasonably priced. The hotels close to the con have either sold out now or re very posh and cost at least £300.
However, because it's in the city centre there are plenty of hotels with rooms still available for under £200 for the weekend. I use hotelscombined.com to look, so it gives me the total price, rather than per night and then hit me with a shock at the end. (I looked up Friday check in with Sunday check out so it may change if you intend to stay a different amount)
The main thing you have to be careful of is the location. If you aren't familiar with the city, you'll want to look at where the hotel is in relation to the convention centre to make sure it's easy enough to get there. I enjoy walking around the centre, even if I do get lost a lot. However, I usually keep going and find a street I recognise. Whilst there are a lot of hotels in the gay village area, and it isn't far to walk, it is through less main routes in Manchester. Again, Northern Quarter I would personally say is a little far from the convention centre, but saying that it's only about 10-15 minutes walk. There are free metro bus routes which can get you around the centre too. Another option is to stay slightly outside of manchester, like Salford quays. There's a good tram route there that will take you to deansgate tram station, which is right behind the convention centre. The tram network does currently have some major work going on at St Peters square Station, so it's not as easy to travel on the tram if you're going to the other side of Manchester, but the metro website would have info on that.
So yes, personal recommendation would be hotels along portland street, piccadilly gardens (bit far imo but it's a well known easy to find location, and I know the Mercure is still available and they have car parking if you were to bring a car), Oxford Road (there's a good holiday Inn not too far up this road), or Salford Quays. (You could enjoy the Lowry area, and media city in the evening, or the trams run until about 11pm/midnight to get you into town, then I believe it's a reasonably priced range to get a taxi too)

Last edited by NRoxy : 07-09-2015 at 04:34 AM.
NRoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2015, 06:03 AM   #59
Kamineko_ii
@SkullKidUK

Thank you thats very useful
Kamineko_ii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2016, 11:17 AM   #60
DeLoreanGrey
DeLoreanGrey

I'm From Crewe, I have been to MCM Manchester, Birmingham and to the Chester comicon
DeLoreanGrey is offline   Reply With Quote