Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Crossplay

Unread 03-20-2015, 11:23 AM   #571
meb9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feaney View Post
Hi everyone,

I've been browsing this thread for the best way of doing falsies and I decided the best way was a set of breast forms which I ordered and got this week. But I'm not sure what the best way to keep them on is? So I'm just wondering what is recommended, atm I'm thinking along the lines of some kind of surgical tape and bra combination.

Does anyone have any advice on what works?
Using a Pocket Bra (typically used by women who had mastectomies), is what I've used. The bra has pockets to insert breast forms, and comes in a variety of styles. I've ordered some on amazon before.

Miles Edgeworth (Ace Attorney series)

Asuka Tanaka (Euphonium Player, Hibike! Euphonium)

Sosuke Aizen (Captain Aizen version, Bleach)

Possible:Chitoge Kirisaki (Nisekoi)
meb9000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-19-2015, 11:52 PM   #572
OperaPhantom

Don't know if this method has been posted, but it seems pretty easy. Minimal sewing, and the bra could be purchased from a thrift store. http://shalldoll.deviantart.com/art/...oobs-244262218
I'm female, but I'm going to try it for a cosplay I'm making of Chiho Sasaki, who has very large boobs.
OperaPhantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2015, 08:08 AM   #573
StarsOfCassiopeia
Engineer at Play

^ I did this for a friend's play where one of the guys had to be a woman for a scene, and it worked wonderfully! We used rice instead of beads though.
  • Arsene (Persona 5): ??% (---) Katsucon 2018
  • Uniform (Little Witch Academia): 18% (Sewing) ???
DeviantART // Tumblr // Facebook // Instagram // YouTube
StarsOfCassiopeia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2015, 05:58 PM   #574
OperaPhantom

Rice works as well, and it's probably cheaper than beads, but I'd recommend using something that won't absorb sweat and body odor if you'll be using it more than a couple times. A couple friends of mine have had the rice bags get accidentally punctured or ripped, and the rice smelled really, really bad.
OperaPhantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2015, 10:25 AM   #575
zoeypensive
New gal

Um... Hello. I have a question about these, not so much regarding creation as their necessity.

My first cosplay is also going to be my first crossplay. Ive talked to my mom and my sister about it, and about making fake boobs for the costume, and they both have a problem with it. They think it's creepy and my sister thinks it's gross, because I'm a guy and guys aren't supposed to wear bras (which would be necessary to wear the fake boobs properly). I think if I'm going to crossplay I should have them to look more feminine, but they oppose it. If I go ahead and make some it'll have to be in secret, and I do worry about getting a bra because I'll look like a creep or a pervert if I just go buy one. Should I just skip it, or should I try to work something out?

Last edited by zoeypensive : 07-18-2015 at 10:27 AM.
zoeypensive is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2015, 01:48 AM   #576
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoeypensive View Post
Um... Hello. I have a question about these, not so much regarding creation as their necessity.

My first cosplay is also going to be my first crossplay. Ive talked to my mom and my sister about it, and about making fake boobs for the costume, and they both have a problem with it. They think it's creepy and my sister thinks it's gross, because I'm a guy and guys aren't supposed to wear bras (which would be necessary to wear the fake boobs properly). I think if I'm going to crossplay I should have them to look more feminine, but they oppose it. If I go ahead and make some it'll have to be in secret, and I do worry about getting a bra because I'll look like a creep or a pervert if I just go buy one. Should I just skip it, or should I try to work something out?
Your mother and sister sound quite transphobic. I'd hate to hear what they have to say about trans folks. It's your cosplay not theirs. If they don't like it, too bad. You aren't harming them. If the character has breasts, and you want to be accurate, you have no choice but to use fake breasts. They can get over their little transphobia and learn to be a decent human being in the process.

That thing your sister said though..That's just..UGH..I can't stand that crap. I can see she is VERY transphobic and it's just sad. You can wear whatever the hell you chose. You're not her slave, she doesn't get to decide what you wear and don't wear. She's your sister and she should start acting like it.

Sorry, but this is how my brothers are, so I know what you are talking about. Someone we know recently came out as trans and my family is brothers are disgusted, and it really bothers me that they act that way.

Anyway, no you are not a creep or a pervert for buying one. Has a man ever bought his wife a bra before? Yes, all the time. So they go buy a bra, are they creeps or perverts? No. If you are not comfortable, you can use google to find out how to figure out your bra size, then get one and say it's for your gf or something. The people at the store don't give 2 shits why you buy it, but whatever.

Also, you don't have to make fake breasts. There are plenty of places that sell them and are discreet about it, so no one knows that what it is in the package. But in order to get the bra size, you need those first. You can't figure out how big of one you need until you have them there to see what the measurements turn out to be.
-Created Character [SAO Hollow Realization]
-Cloud [Dissidia Final Fantasy]
-Red [Pokemon Fire Red]
-Gohan [DBZ]
Jei-Cos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2015, 02:20 AM   #577
cidriti

I've just bought some new rubber stuff, including corselette and dress. When I used to cross dress before I used balloons filled with water to the size I wanted as my falsies. http://www.feminization.us/female-br...c-2.html?ref=f
cidriti is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2016, 01:53 PM   #578
Bidman

WOW. Its a good thread

I have just spent the last 2 hours reading this thread (skipped a little, sorry), There is some fantastic advice from lots of great sounding people, so first I would like to say thanks to you all. "Thanks"

I would also like to ask if anyone has attempted to use Aqua Water Crystal's, (they absorb water and swell up) inside a balloon then into a stocking (just in case). you can put the crystals in first, fill with water - once they have done absorbing the water drain excess water. this way there should be no real leakage if you pop the balloon.

I have ordered some so if no one else has attempted this I will let you know how I get on

TTFN
Bidman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2016, 10:12 PM   #579
iori587

never mind

Last edited by iori587 : 09-13-2016 at 01:21 AM.
iori587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2016, 07:10 AM   #580
DerZeroCosplayt

Well, I'm in a similiar situation like zoeypensive.
My wife is not against crossplay at all, however, she is against silicon breasts, because she worked at an oncology office, where she had to deal with breast cancer patients... so she is against it, because to her, those silicon prosthetics are only for medical purposes...

So we decided on Characters with little to no breasts....this is a good compromise.
DerZeroCosplayt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2016, 04:58 PM   #581
meb9000

If she is against silicon breasts, just use a pocket bra with foam breastforms, that's what I use and they are great for any crossplay with complete chest coverage. They definitely don't hold up as well if you wanted to try anything with visible cleavage, but yeah, hopefully your wife has no objections there.

Miles Edgeworth (Ace Attorney series)

Asuka Tanaka (Euphonium Player, Hibike! Euphonium)

Sosuke Aizen (Captain Aizen version, Bleach)

Possible:Chitoge Kirisaki (Nisekoi)
meb9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2016, 06:30 AM   #582
DerZeroCosplayt

I'm gonna see what she plans when it comes to more sophisticated costumes. My absolute dream is Alexiel from Angel Sanctuary!

But yeah...so far, I'm fine with "flat" characters There's enough of them, starting with the Sailor Scouts.
DerZeroCosplayt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2016, 04:58 AM   #583
BarryK
juilet2015

crossdress photos

cosplay.com is not letting me uploading my crossdress cosplay
BarryK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2016, 08:16 PM   #584
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryK View Post
cosplay.com is not letting me uploading my crossdress cosplay
A few things..
1. Not only is this not where you post about the problems you're facing with the site working, this isn't even a thread for showing off your crossplay pictures anyway..so it literally doesn't go here..
2. that's very vague..If pictures aren't uploading, it's the picture, not the site. The site has a file type and size limit. If your pictures are too large or are unsupported file types, you need to convert/resize them. If the site just isn't working, which is not the problem sice phots have been regularly posted by other members as recently as earlier today, then there's nothing you could even do until it's fixed. Getting upset isn't going to make them upload.
-Created Character [SAO Hollow Realization]
-Cloud [Dissidia Final Fantasy]
-Red [Pokemon Fire Red]
-Gohan [DBZ]
Jei-Cos is offline   Reply With Quote