Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Makeup/Eye Contacts Review

Unread 09-21-2016, 05:30 PM   #1
Anaorozco1992

Cosplayers with bad eyesight?

Are there any cosplayers on here with bad eyesight?
I have super bad astigmatism and myopia, and I can't find colored contacts in the US (I have only been able to find toric cirlce lenses from Korean websites, and even then, the choices are limited).
Does anyone have any experience piggybacking (wearing two lenses at the same time)?
I've read stuff on other forums but haven't had much luck.
The contacts I want to wear don't come in the prescription I need, and I don't want to spend a whole lot because I'm only wearing them for a couple of hours one day.

Thanks
Anaorozco1992 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-22-2016, 01:25 AM   #2
division-ten
Yes, I AM an Albino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaorozco1992 View Post
Are there any cosplayers on here with bad eyesight?
I have super bad astigmatism and myopia, and I can't find colored contacts in the US (I have only been able to find toric cirlce lenses from Korean websites, and even then, the choices are limited).
Does anyone have any experience piggybacking (wearing two lenses at the same time)?
I've read stuff on other forums but haven't had much luck.
The contacts I want to wear don't come in the prescription I need, and I don't want to spend a whole lot because I'm only wearing them for a couple of hours one day.

Thanks
Do. Not. Piggyback. Destroying your prescription lenses or your yes is Not Worth it. I'm legally blind and I will NOT change my eye color for a cosplay. Full stop.

I know you're excited but either a) find prescription lenses or b) wear only the non prescription ones and walk with a friend. Please. You only get one set of eyes.
Otakon: '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14
Zenkaicon: '09
Katsucon: '10, '15, '16
Animenext: '10, '11, '14
division-ten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2016, 12:56 AM   #3
loz64

I also suffer from bad astigmatism and normally wear glasses. I have piggybacked my circle lenses on top of daily disposables for 5+ hours several times now. Had an eye exam last week and the optometrist did not see any permanent damage. When I wear my prescription dailies just on their own, they hurt my eyes so bad after around 3 hours of wear, but when I wear circle lens on top it's way more comfortable for longer for some odd reason. Out they go if my eyes get too irritated.

On another note, you CANNOT wear non-toric lenses if your astigmatism is bad because they will not fit your misshapen eyes.

Disclaimer: I am NOT recommending that you piggyback circle lens. 1. I'm not an eye professional, 2. your mileage may vary, and 3. it is a risky practice because you're cutting off oxygen to your eye even more than with just one lens. Just sharing my experience. The best advice will come from your eye doctor.
Alice Elliott | Aqua | Impa (SS) | Princess Hilda | Rosalina | Pajama Link | Airy | Agitha | Lolita Spock | Lolita Uhura | Eureka | Riyo Chuchi | Belgemine | Anise Tatlin | Ganondorf (Hyrule Warriors) | Master Eraqus | Lolita Mario

Visit my Facebook page for professional photos, progress photos, con reports, tutorials, and other fun stuff: https://www.facebook.com/MythrilArts
loz64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2016, 04:08 AM   #4
PeaceDivision
Thief of Light

I have assymetrical myopia (-1 left eye and -1.5 right eye). My eyesight is not very bad, but if I'm not wearing glasses for a long while, I get horrible migraines and sometimes even cluster headaches. Until a while ago, I used to get my lenses from Uniqso, but I got conjunctivitis from them and ceased wearing contacts, so I simply slip on my glasses when I'm not taking pictures.

Now, about piggybacking, it's a very risky procedure so I strongly urge you to not do that. I'm a Med School student and I had a case in which someone got a horrible eye infection from that. Try to find lenses for your prescription, or wear non-prescription contacts and get help from a friend.
PeaceDivision is offline   Reply With Quote