Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Unread 03-23-2017, 02:41 AM   #1
sakurahughes

DO NOT ORDER from Miccostumes (Review)

Name of Commissioner: MicCostumes

Character: Yang Xiao Long from RWBY

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item:
http://www.miccostumes.com/rwby_seas..._62051 p.html

Situation: I ordered a custom made cosplay for my friend and gave them measurements, that I had measured three time, and later was measured by two other people, one being a person who makes her own cosplay.

Time: The only thing that is positive about this company.

Outfit: First of all, the sizing was terrible. The top was way looser then it should be. See photo A below. It was obvious that the outfit was meant for a bigger person. Secondly, they didn't make the design properly. The zipper was too high up. Also it was loose and flappy. Where the zipper was supposed to stop was higher in the cosplay then what the character wears. See photo B below. Also they made the belt completely wrong, see photo C below.

Customer Service: Awful. Honestly, the worst I have experienced in my life. When I contacted them, I asked them to refund it, and cc'ed my friend. Additionally I said that they should communicate with my friend, who was cc'ed. But they replied back to me. I then replied back stating that they should reply to my friend. Still replied back to me. I then stated they should reply all. Finally, they replied all. But no, that didn't solve anyway because they addressed me in the email, when my friend was the one who sent it to them.

Okay, let's put that aside and talk about the costume itself. We addressed the issue had to do that the top was way too big. For some reason, she disregards this part of the email completely and addresses something else. Weird. Fine, okay. We then try to communicate again. At this point we have measured OVER AND OVER again and gotten the same measurements. Okay, so we give them the measurements again. The top was not made for someone of the bust of the measurements we gave. It is obvious it was made for someone who was a few inches bigger. And someone who had a bigger waist. None of this was taken into account. Furthermore, they literally must have said this about 20 times+ "Please provide us the correct measurements." So basically, the will not accept fault, when it is so obvious that the seamstress did not make this outfit correctly. They keep claiming we measured wrong. How can it be wrong if we measured it so many times from different people. Have they ever considered they fucked up. Of course not, because they are a corporate business. Also, according to them, apparently everyone is supposed to be the same size because they kept saying our measurements didn't make sense. But hey, you know, people are different sizes, different heights, some people able broad shoulders, some people have narrow shoulders. Apparently that makes no sense. LAST POINT, besides email exchanges, I spent 5+ hours just trying to get this sorted out on their online chat.

Overall: I have read many good reviews about MicCostumes, which is why I am surprised this happened to us. DO NOT ORDER CUSTOM COSPLAYS FROM MICCOSTUMES. DO NOT! I can not tell you an experience regarding something that is already sized (e.g S, XL). They have TERRIBLE COMMUNICATION SKILLS and do not want to admit fault for what they have done.

Photo A

Photo B

Photo C
sakurahughes is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-23-2017, 09:23 AM   #2
xIkuna

Yikes, good to know! About the sizing: when they mean custom, it isn't actually custom. When they look at your bust measurement and lets say waist measurement for the top, they don't then sew a top to fit those measurements- they pick a size that is pre made that think think would fit. So, lets say I sent them my measurements of bust: 34 waist: 28 hip: 28, they would n't take my bust into account because I have a smaller one, so they go off your waist so they know it'll technically fit.

It's super annoying how they advertise it being custom, but nope, they just choose a large for the top and a medium for the bottoms and call it "custom". Sorry that your friend has a ill fitting costume now, I hope you guys can make it work

Cosplays:
Young Ana Amari- Overwatch
Miu Iruma- New Danganronpa Version 3
Sansa Stark- Game of Thrones (Season 7)

xIkuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2017, 05:29 PM   #3
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

Im pretty sure their definition of "custom" is "mixing the sizes"....Since that's all these sites do..None of them have ever made anything according to given measurements.
-Created Character [SAO Hollow Realization]
-Cloud [Dissidia Final Fantasy]
-Red [Pokemon Fire Red]
-Gohan [DBZ]
Jei-Cos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2017, 08:34 PM   #4
AidenCosu

"Custom"

Yea its not really custom, they mainly model off your waist size, maybe try Taobao, everything I've "customed' from there actually fit me perfectly (I'm usually b/w an asian M/L)
If taobao I'd recommend Superbuy as the agent
AidenCosu is offline   Reply With Quote