Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Unread 05-11-2017, 06:16 PM   #1
Quina
SH obsessed.

Thumbs down AVOID: Linyz Cosmakers

Name of Commissioner: Linyz Cosmakers
Character commissioned and series/video game (please include if this was the entire costume, just a jacket, prop, accessory, wig, etc.): Tracer's accessories, they sell them as a finished kit.
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: Not applicable.
Timeline (how long your order took to process): Was never made.
Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments.

I bought from this duo in December 2016 via their Etsy store. I inquired about the kit with them, and noticed after I did that they raised the shipping price before I could buy it. OK, a little odd I thought, but whatever. The kit was super reasonably priced (for a whole kit it was actually kind of unbelievable now that I think back), but even so it's a pretty big chunk of change. It was a gorgeous set, all their work is. I had even inquired about trying to get on their books for a pair of custom commissions. They were very flakey about replying with anything that would lock me in for a slot, which was red flag #1. I was promised I'd be contacted about getting on their commission list, but shockingly, that never happened. I'm really glad in retrospect...

They had a 10 week completion time posted, which passed in February. In January I had noticed they stopped selling their bigger kits for a while, but opened it back up in February. I am very patient and didn't need it for a deadline. At the end of February I asked for an update to check in. I was told there was a family issue (they told me what happened but out of respect that's not a detail I think needs to be posted) and I was very understanding because family comes first. They reassured me my kit would be rushed.

Fast forward to April, no word from them so I write again. I am promised that my kit will be done by the end of the month and I'll get photos.

It is now May. Nothing ever is sent. I contact them again, now concerned that the international posting will easily eat up a month in transit and my Paypal window expires in June. I am promptly refunded and am told: "Sorry for the delay.
With the [family issue], things went so much around here, so we decided to close the store for a while and return the value of all the customers. We apologize for what happened. It is not our intention to harm you. We will generate the refund to you right away.
Well, I did get a refund immediately, but what about my "kit" that was "started" months ago? Their shop is still open as of May 11, 2017 in spite of them having told me they were closing it. They restated that they only have it open to "give refunds," but the weird bit is that can be done through Paypal if I am not mistaken, so as of now they're taking orders but told me they couldn't finish the one they had open for five months...hmmm...

If you read their Etsy reviews, you will discover that this has happened to others. Because of Etsy's outrageous review system where I only had 60 days to leave feedback I cannot post my experience there unfortunately. I hope that anyone considering these people will do their research on their business practices.

I bought the kit at one price, and now that they refunded me I see they raised the kit price. Granted, it is still a very nice deal but it does make me wonder...

One last comment...based on the feedback of a savvy buyer who also experienced their failure to complete the product, I learned of their personal instagram page (it's very clearly shown on their shop banner. As you can see, they seem to have no shortage of time to work on their own projects, but somehow fulfilling commissioning jobs is not a priority for them. You see some D.Va guns earlier back but nothing else other than their work.
http://www.selfiehashtag.com/SelfieUserMedia/4109758861

Make of that what you will.

Final Grade: F
Avoid these people at all costs! I wasted a lot of time and became stressed out all because they were not up front. They encountered a misfortune, and I understand that, but I do not think they treated their customers fairly and should certainly not be accepting new orders after dropping their old kit slots. I literally made this costume because of their kit. That's not their fault, but I poured hundreds of dollars and hours upon hours of my time into making the rest of it. They offered no solution to my issue. I offered to pay them the new price difference, I said I'd rebuy it to give them more time to work on it. They didn't take me up on either of those things. And mind you, I was so courteous throughout all of this, so it isn't that they didn't want to work with a neurotic buyer anymore. I'm just left angry now and scratching my head.

Last edited by Quina : 05-11-2017 at 06:19 PM.
Quina is online now   Reply With Quote