Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Fitness

Unread 05-28-2017, 07:46 AM   #1
Emi Hana
Kimono - Kimono - Kimono

Advice Needed

Okay, I have - what I think - is a motivation problem.

Most of the time, I can go to the gym and exercise - especially classes. However, there are just some days / a week where I either don't go due to chores and / or I go to the gym, but can't find the concentration to stay on the bike / treadmill.

I usually have a rhythm when I start an exercise - be it bike or treadmill - however, when I have to do something like go to the bathroom, stop for water, etc. I end up breaking that rhythm and find it very hard to pick back up. Usually by then, I'll stop and go to the second machine, but even then, I have a hard time staying focused.

Again, I don't know if it's a lack of rhythm or something else, but I really need some advice. Any ideas?

Unread 05-28-2017, 07:54 PM   #2
Keebablue

Maybe find a different cardio exercise you enjoy? I know a lot of people default with running- but i cant stand it. I sub going to the rink instead- I love it and its a very good workout. I think with workouts its important to find something you like or you'll never stick with it.
Keebablue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2017, 11:15 AM   #3
my_dark
really should be sewing~

I second what Keebablue said. Switch things up and find something you love to do.

On the subject of motivation (found this online but it says it better than I can).

Forget motivation.

It’s a fickle and unreliable little state that isn’t worth your time.
Better to cultivate discipline than to rely on motivation.

Force yourself to do things, to get out of bed, to go the gym, to work harder and smarter; force yourself to do stuff when you don’t feel like doing anything.

Motivation is fleeting, and it’s easy to rely on because it requires no concentrated effort to get. Motivation comes to you, you don’t even have to chase after it.

Discipline is reliable; motivation is momentary.

The real question isn’t how to keep yourself motivated, it’s how to train yourself to work without it.

Hope that helps and good luck