Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Cosplay Tutorials

Unread 06-23-2017, 02:03 AM   #1
gules
Only slightly dead

Full-arm sleeve (rubber or latex)

I've seen cosplayers around with a sleeve that covers their whole arm, and I really want to be able to do that. I found tons of ways to make the arm mold itself so that I can shape the things I need on it, but no way to cast the actual sleeve. I've tried Google, but my search terms are apparently not cutting it because the results I get back are nothing like what I need. (Looking to make a more flexible Winter Soldier arm, in case that matters to someone. I have ways to do it otherwise, but I want to try the sleeve idea.)

Please tell me that someone knows what I'm talking about and can help me somehow. The sleeve itself ends up flexible and you can just pull it on by the time you're done.

Help?
TIA! - G
gules is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-23-2017, 10:07 AM   #2
DlGlT
Just call me Digit

Slush casting silicone or dragon skin in a mold would do it. However, I dont believe most cosplayers go this route.
DlGlT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2017, 10:36 AM   #3
gules
Only slightly dead

I know they don't, but I really want to try. I'm going to go look up slush casting, lol. Thanks!
gules is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2017, 06:29 PM   #4
Scunosi

Sounds like you're eager to try a new technique so go ahead and try it out, but I just wanted to say normally any "sleeves" for cosplay are just armsocks/armsleeves, and they're just made out of tights or that kind of material (assuming you want a "skin" look. Other fabric is used for a metal/robot look). Making one of those out of silicone or rubber would likely get very hot and sweaty very quickly, and I can't imagine it'd be thin enough to prevent obvious wrinkles.

Upcoming Conventions
---

Latest cosplay
Shy Gal (Nintendo Fan Design)

Working On
---
Scunosi is offline   Reply With Quote