Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Wigs and Hair > Wig Construction and Help Requests

Unread 08-20-2017, 12:35 PM   #1
EXEC_HYMME_MACARON
Michu

Sailor Moon wig idea, feasible?

So, kinda last minute I decided that I wanted to style an Usagi wig (Sailor Moon).

Did research, watched tutorials, etc and I decided that I wanted to go the route of stubbing a pigtail wig and using hollowed out styrofoam balls covered in hair for the odango.

Got a Gaia to stub and well...

It doesn't fit. ( Neither does the large size chibi) Suffice to say.. I MAY have had a little cry. ( Also I did measure my head, with my hair up in a wig cap.)

So a bit of brainstorming I came up with an idea: Getting a headband and attaching two cut down wood dowels (pegs?) to it and attaching it to the inside of a short wig so the pegs and sticking out though the netting. Then taking the 50 inch wraps (https://www.epiccosplay.com/50-butte...extension.html) and attaching them to the wig, tying them to the dowels and tucking away the excess ties.

Lastly gluing on the odango ( hollowed out styrofoam balls wrapped in hair)

So.. does this sound feasible? Or am I risking ruining a perfectly good wig? I mean I know I wouldn't have the part.. but I would have a wig that fits my head.

( Also, I know that places like Arda and Epic do sell buns that you can attach to wigs, but I like the look of the styrofoam odango for the roundness. Also right now, I'm not sure I have the skills to go the route of getting a wig and adding wefts to make an updo wig to stub)