Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Makeup and Eye Contacts

Unread 08-22-2017, 06:29 AM   #1
GraceHound
Nikki V

Cruelty free eyebrow products?

Hi all! Really hoping somebody can help me out with some good quality cruelty free products that can help in the way of covering up some super dark brows. Most methods I've tried in the past have worked well on other people, but not on me (two colours I'd really like a match for would be medium blonde, and auburn. Looking at my wigs and then my super dark brows always makes me despair). I refuse to use anything cosmetic that has been / may have been tested on animals / brand has a history of cruelty to animals, so it's a little harder to find suitable things for my needs. ;_;
GraceHound is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-22-2017, 01:51 PM   #2
EXEC_HYMME_MACARON
Michu

First off, this might be helpful to you! http://www.crueltyfreekitty.com/ulti...y-free-makeup/

Some of these brands are owned by companies that aren't cruelty free, there's also a section for drugstore cruelty brands if you're on a budget: http://www.crueltyfreekitty.com/crue...gstore-brands/

Also indie make up brands are a great place to look. I'm a big fan of Geek Chic Cosmetics

As far as methods go, I have dark brown hair with eyebrows to match, and when I cosplayed Snow Miku (light blue wig) by first covering my eyebrows using a Nyx jumbo eye pencil in white, and then dabbing on blue eyeshadow ( I used geek chic for that) And it stayed they entire day. So maybe you could try a similar technique using items from brands that you feel comfortable with?
Unread 08-22-2017, 06:48 PM   #3
micro-babe
Five Feet of POWAH!

Also a cruelty free makeup user. I always cover my eyebrows with white eyeshadow, set with a translucent powder and then go over them with a powder in the appropriate color. Anastasia Beverly Hills make the best brow products in my opinion. Since I'm tan, I don't like to go too light with my brow color when matching to a blonde or natural red since it'll just disappear into my skin.

For bright brows, cover with a white eyeliner pencil and then apply a matte eyeshadow over. I LOVE Sugarpill. Super pigmented matte shades and vegan and cruelty free.

Tumblr|Twitter|DeviantArt
micro-babe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2017, 02:44 PM   #4
GraceHound
Nikki V

Ahh, thank you so much, guys! Your super quick and in-depth responses have really helped me out. <3

I've tried the NYX eyeliner pencil to cover my eyes and gently patting eyeshadow over the top, but I think my brows may benefit from being thinned out a little as they still show through. Maybe I'm just being a bit too hard on myself as I want this to be /perfect/, but thank you for the encouragement and tips! Very much appreciated. I've honestly never done or considered doing anything with my brows before now. Sugarpill have gorgeous eyeshadows and I love that listing site! I'll be using it to triple-check everything I use from now on. ^^
GraceHound is offline   Reply With Quote