Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Unread 07-07-2016, 09:05 AM   #46
belligerent
Viking Metal

So whose standard of an ideal society are we going to force the rest of the world to comply with?

How do we convince the rest of the world they need to comply with these ideals? What if they don't want to?

This isn't necessarily a mental health issue, either.

You're making a lot of statements here, about a lot of unrelated things, that are your opinion. However, you're presenting them as fact. If this is something you really want to debate here, I would suggest first doing a lot more research into the claims you're making.
belligerent is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-26-2017, 10:57 PM   #47
KittyAngel
cute little kitty >^.^<

Exclamation

I'm sorry about reviving a 1 year old thread, but this is totally relevant. I know that I was the one who started the conversation about possibly being time to have bag/purse check at conventions. These videos here are solid proof of why this could help the community.

I'm not trying to restart the conversation, but I just wanted to point this out as a whole. These are real news stories that happened today. So view these videos and judge for yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSbkFIRvr3c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XYo6iku1Kg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7M0rmjR8PE

Tidus from FFX-2 (Perfect ending)

DeviantArt.com
JapaneseBlossomKitty
KittyAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2017, 05:55 AM   #48
DanArt

1. If you say something all you do is create fear. So delete this thread.

The truth is that people do things on purpose to install fear into people hearts. For all you could know is that these people are patsies ( like the JFK murderer who has the option to walk free recently ) and everything is planned out.

Why should the United State be turned into another Israel because people are lying to the public to waste their time.
DanArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2017, 09:29 PM   #49
belligerent
Viking Metal

i don't think it's possible to delete threads on coscom. once you say something, it's on the internet forever and ever anon unless it's like, some deliberate troll thread, which this is not.

i still agree with past me. bag checks aren't really going to do anything except create a weird state of danger/illusion of security while making things a lot more inconvenient for everyone else.

i also think cons would just ban all props and outside bags before they'd spend the money to do thorough bag checks because the former requires less trained personnel than the later.

i wonder where deadpool was with his katanas when the pcc thing was going on.
Unread 06-29-2017, 03:34 PM   #50
JaceGem
No Longer Afraid

Conventions, for the most part, have no bag checks around this part of the US. The cons I go to have prop checks to make sure your props are just that-props, but not bag checks. Hell even the prop checks are inconsistent, the props that get checked the most often are weapon props and nothing else. One girl had a baseball bat last year and was cosplaying Harley Quinn from Suicide Squad and her bat was real. She didn't get checked though.

Even if they did have bag checks at the cons I go to I feel it would just cause this false sense of panic, especially among kids and young teens and lord knows you don't need a bunch of hormonally charged scared children running amok.

Tumblr

Twitter
JaceGem is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2017, 10:30 PM   #51
belligerent
Viking Metal

bag checks usually aren't for weapons, anyway, they're for contraband like outside beverages or illegal tacos.

how is the con center supposed to charge you 11 dollars for sub par chicken nuggets and 4 dollars for a caffeine free diet pepsi (because they ran out regular diet pepsi three hours ago and out of regular regular pepsi yesterday) if they allow people to bring in bags with who knows what?

"excuse me sir you can't have those pop tarts or that jameson"
Unread 06-30-2017, 12:19 AM   #52
Helara
She had a foam arm.

Ugh well it is bad enough that one of the shopping centres near me has got posters up about their random bag checks they have now put into place after what happened in the UK recently. But there could be any number of reasons for that including people intent on crime that isn't terrorism.

Thing is if somebody is going to do anything terror related they will plan it out to best inflict maximum damage. So even at a busy queue for a bag check etc at opening time is going to do that with people gathered together. If that scares anybody well that's the current world we live in and you cannot live your life in fear of what may happen. The really big events like SDCC probably have police and other security services advising of the local situation anyway and may well have done for years to just make it a safe event.
Unread 10-25-2017, 12:42 AM   #53
Sammie

The comic con I went to last year had a bag check and it went by fast compared to the line for buying a badge. It was also well organized. I kind of just expect it when I go to a large event now. The smaller cons don't have a bag check. Every-time I went to a concept I had to walk through a metal detector and get a bag check.

With the recent happenings here in Vegas, I know it's just going to be something to expect at large events.
Unread 10-25-2017, 11:07 AM   #54
Syon
leads the crusade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammie View Post
With the recent happenings here in Vegas, I know it's just going to be something to expect at large events.
Which is ironic, considering that a bag check at the event in Vegas would not have prevented the shooting. Unless you would establish a luggage control at every hotel or general building, like in an airport.