Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Unread 11-03-2017, 06:37 PM   #10291
ForestOwlMei
Mei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magyarita View Post
Perhaps she has a crush on you? I remember my former best friend would always find out who my or someone else they were crushing on's fave characters were, and ship their fave ones with mine/theirs, (even if the pairing made no sense) until they got over that crush or they got together and then broke up.
I am not too sure anymore honestly, but your response is about the same as everyone else has suggested. I really doubt it but I do know this: next time we decide to cosplay a couple I am picking which character I want and sticking with it no matter what. Thanks for your advice ^_^
ForestOwlMei is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-03-2017, 09:00 PM   #10292
Zoeyromanov

So my school is back at square one (not until now) wondering how they're going to arrange for making up classes...one idea, however not set in stone but I seriously hope does not happen is that the Fall semester might spread over in January.
This does not affect me much, because I only have two classes per term so after three years of college I can handle two extra classes. But I overall, think the school should find a way to condense the classes somehow, so students can get the Fall term over with and not have to worry about the Fall semester (as per usual.)
For everyone else who has a full semester, that's just over kill, because if this was to happen, other students have to deal with more work then dealing with the usual 'back from the holiday break' 'rust' along with new assignments.
Students might not have the usual deadlines, seeing as things have changed and teachers are forgiving, but they still have to hand in the projects nonetheless.
So again personally it's not really a big deal but I really hope they find a better way so we can finish off the Fall term.

Anime North 2019:
TBD

Future plans:
Ryoken Kogami/Revolver (genderbent, standard outfit), Yugioh Vrains
Shay Obsidian/Shun Kurosaki (genderbent), Yugioh Arc-V
Lulu Obsidian/Ruri Kurosaki, Yugioh Arc-V

Follow me:
Deviantart / Tumblr / Instagram / CureCos

"My outfit makes me feel powerful, too." -- Wonder Woman, Justice League War

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBee View Post
BIRD POWER!

Last edited by Zoeyromanov : 11-03-2017 at 11:03 PM.
Zoeyromanov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2017, 07:04 AM   #10293
StarsOfCassiopeia
Engineer at Play

Ugh it's been almost a week and a half and I'm still getting shooting pains in my leg every time I walk. Super love this.

I definitely have more complaints about being hit by a car, but, well, I just gotta ice and elevate and find more anime to watch I guess...?
  • Lapis Lazuli (Houseki no Kuni) : ??% (Wig Styling) Late Spring 2018
  • Gym Uniform Todoroki (BNHA): ??% (Planning) Summer 2018
DeviantART // Tumblr // Facebook // Instagram // YouTube
StarsOfCassiopeia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2017, 11:41 PM   #10294
neozero

I hate the city I live in but love the company I work for.

Shinn - Fuccboi
neozero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2017, 03:07 AM   #10295
Lost Cause
You're in my way, sir.

[redacted]

Instagram - Facebook

Last edited by Lost Cause : 11-12-2017 at 01:09 PM. Reason: Well that was dumb.
Lost Cause is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2017, 03:33 PM   #10296
Zoeyromanov

On Monday, family and I were supposed to go to Home Depot for a new sink for my mom's bathroom (which was planned on Sunday evening). I had asked my sister what time we were going to go, seeing as we usually go an hour and half before my dad has to drop off my mom at the bus stop when doing errands on a weekday.
I had gotten ready; but I decided against going but that did not mean my sister and my mom still could not go. My sister had gotten dressed a little too late, and while I was having dinner I had heard my mom get upset with my sister because she was supposed to get dressed earlier. She ends up getting pouty about it and goes to her room.
Later that evening I go downstairs to get myself a snack, and the same time my sister is having dinner and she was asking me about my laundry, as I was washing my clothes and she mildly snaps at me while doing so.
This irritated me because she does have the tendency to do so, but I let it go because I had misunderstood what she had said in the first place. I then go to playfully remark (and actually a playful one, I didn't yell or use a harsh tone or anything) about how she had assembled her food on her plate and she starts getting pouty with me as well. After that I go to my room, and just left her alone.
It's freaking Wednesday, and she's still pissed at both me and my mom. My sister should have gotten dressed earlier; and she did technically still dressed on time but she should have at least went downstairs to wait for my mom and I or go to my mom's roomed all dressed to show she's ready.
But I didn't say anything because I didn't want to make things worse (despite my mom actually having a reason to be upset). And to be honest, I find it really immature of her to behave like that because she can't make my mom and I feel bad about something she did, and she's making it worse by completely ignoring us.
She always comments about how people should get over themselves, and easily brushes off my mom when she's the one who needs calming down, but when it happens to my sister we're the ones that need to kiss her ass and be apologetic.
And lo and behold, last night she's still mad at me and won't acknowledge me yet she still uses my computer to look up whatever the hell she needed to. She could have easily gone downstairs to use my dad's computer instead of using mine. On a normal day she's welcome to borrow my stuff if she wanted to do, but considering she's still pissed and still uses my stuff?? She definietly would not let me use her iPod, or phone or whatever if she was pissed at me but she can still use my stuff? Haha no.
Again I didn't say anything but that was the cherry on top. And we were supposed to go see Justice League this weekend, and while I won't cry over it it looks like were not going anymore. She's usually the one that buys the movie tickets and my mom can ask me, but I'm pretty sure my mom would want all us to go.
And today, we cook together but seeing as my sister won't talk me I kinda had no choice but let her cook by herself and while on the computer that's when the only thing she tells me is that I need to make rice. She should have told me earlier, instead of being all huffy.

Anime North 2019:
TBD

Future plans:

Follow me:

Quote:
BIRD POWER!

Last edited by Zoeyromanov : 11-15-2017 at 03:41 PM.
Unread 11-29-2017, 08:36 PM   #10297
Chiagirl
Sheena Cosplayer

My parents are divorced; my siblings and I all work and live with our mom, so it's hard to find a time when us kids can go as a group to see dad. Dad texted me about getting together with my brother to discuss joining in on a Christmas present for my sister, he won’t say what the gift was. Dad apparently didn't also text my brother throughout any of the communications, so brother keeps getting super annoyed with me any time I try to bother him about setting stuff up. At this point we have our schedules more than a month past when this was initially brought up, we can’t coordinate any time when the three of us can all meet up without her knowing. I suggest just telling us his idea via group text or phone call, he insists it has to be in person and tries to force us up at ungodly hours in the morning so we’d have to scarf breakfast before rushing off to work.

My sister, meanwhile, is getting super pissed at me because I’m refusing to buy her any of the gift ideas she’s showing me online. Dad wanted me to keep this secret from her, so I’d told her I was going to forgive part of the debt she ours me from when she crashed into my car in august (to this day I have only received one payment of $40…in 4 months) She starts screaming at me about how she hates me and I should buy her what she wants and she doesn’t want some random gift and she’s never liked anything I got her anyway…I leave the room in tears, and text dad that I’m out of the gift contribution because I’m tired of bending over backwards to set up a gift that he won’t even tell me what it is for a person who obvious doesn’t care about it because it’s not on her “list”, much less care about the person going through so much trouble to try and surprise her for Christmas. Dad calls back, quickly realizes I’m in tears, and calls my sister and reams her out (a miracle, since it’s obvious even to my mother and siblings that I was always his least favorite, even out of his kids from his previous marriage).

Sister barges out and screams I’m an asshole for calling dad to chew her out (I didn’t call him, and that was his own idea) and that it’s my own fault for not telling her about that (it was supposed to be a surprise…don’t even want to think about how mad dad would have got at me if I told her outright) and that she hates me and hopes I die because she’s done nothing wrong and me and dad are being jerks to her for no reason. My mom intervenes at this point, it ends in a screaming match with my sister now hating my mom for taking my side when she’s “done nothing wrong”, and my mom storming off cause my sister can’t see what an entitled jerk she’s being (she still won’t punish her though…I’d take away her computer for quite some time personally). My brother is avoiding us all, and everyone else in the house hates each other. And dad is still mad at me for not wanting to get her the gift anyway…she obviously doesn’t deserve it, whatever it is. I’d personally like to get her nothing, but I know both my parents will be on my case for that, so I’ll do the partial debt forgiveness like I originally said. Honestly, that’s the only way I’ll probably ever get another “payment” if you can even call it that. She bought a fancy new computer, but “can’t afford” to pay me back. I should have just got a police report and sued her when it happened.

Conventions Attended:

Anime Detour 2012
Geek.kon 2012, 2013, & 2016
Anime Milwaukee 2013
Anime Central 2014
Costume Con 2016
Anime Midwest 2018
(Nov) Daisho Con 2018

Current Cosplays: Sheena Fujibayashi (young/successor version)

Upcoming Cosplays: Team Magma Grunt, White Mage

Future Cosplay Series: Naruto Shippuden, SSB4, Shadowverse, Smite, Final Fantasy, Tales of, Inuyasha, Pokémon
Chiagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2017, 08:29 AM   #10298
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

My day is ruined and it's not even 10 am yet. First I slept like shit so I have a horribly sore neck. Then found out I bought the wrong yogurt so my breakfast tastes like god damn shit. And the icing on the cake? I just wanted five minutes to check the Dragons game on my phone like I do every single morning when I wake up, and noooo, my god damn iPhone decided to throw a tantrum and refuse to let me access my account. An hour of attempting later and literally the only option is to contact the fucking tech support for an attempt at account recovery, which takes days and puts my entire phone out of commission so I can't call, text, play games, answer the door buzzer, use the GPS, use my camera or fucking anything. Oh, and I AM VENDING AT A CON THIS WEEKEND, so if it's not back by Friday evening I can't even accept Paypal or Square payments either!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moofingham View Post
There's a vibe here that says "We're in this together!Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way."<3
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2017, 01:58 PM   #10299
GraceHound
Nikki V

My dog needs a series of x-rays, which will happen tomorrow, and I'm so scared of what they might find.
GraceHound is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2017, 11:43 AM   #10300
Zoeyromanov

Unfreaking. Believable. At Holiday Fan Days, I bought a Louise Belcher [bunny] hat that I now wear around my house just for fun. My sister sister absolutely hates her, which is fine. At first when I showed her the hat I knew what her reaction would be, but didn't do anything mean. Now I just wear it for my own personal enjoyment, and I didn't show off the hat to bother her.
I walk into her room, sees me wearing it and she tells me to get a life. I'm sorry, just because the con scene is my 'thing' and stuff that I buy from there doesn't mean she gets off saying shit like that to me. The reason why it hurts me is not simply the comment itself; but because she's always making cracks like that all the fucking time and she doesn't get in trouble.
And last night, my mom says to me before I go to bed to make her and my sister breakfast - ok fine. Now that I was nice enough to make her breakfast when she's usually the one who does it for me (even if I don't ask) just for her shitty comment? Hell. No.
And I do in fact have a life; last time I checked, do I not go to school? And the events I go to aren't even that often and one of the few times I get to see my closest friend who has more decency to respect me even if we end up having differentiating views on things. All my sister does (and I know how this'll make me sound like but I'm pissed right now) is lay in her bed and stays in her room all day watching videos that she likes, has a tendency to make my mom and I go buy shit she wants for herself (or even it's not even for her, it's still us to who has to go buy it).
And it's not just me, my dad AND my mom both noticed this but what do you want me to do?
And the cherry on top is that if I was the one that misunderstood what she meant, or she's actually the one at fault she'll try to justify and defend herself by laughing it off - not just with this, but what usually ends up happening.
This just makes me think of my other friend who I see near the end of the week who's family is ok her being the 'geeky' one - I mean the least my sister could do is not make cracks like that at me even if she doesn't like that stuff and not make me feel like a loser. That's why I was on/off with the cosplay stuff because sometimes it was always thrown back in my face and made me feel like a loser.
At least my parents laughed it off (in a good way, and actually in a good way) when I first got the hat.

Anime North 2019:
TBD

Future plans:

Follow me:

Quote:
BIRD POWER!

Last edited by Zoeyromanov : 12-11-2017 at 01:50 PM.
Unread 12-12-2017, 07:59 AM   #10301
Angel Tear
Sugar Snow

The last few weeks have been spectacularly bad and I'm on my last nerve with everything.

It started out with my foot being in a lot of pain, cracking when I tried to walk on it and a lot of pain to go with it. I had a job interview the next day and was in tears, freaking out about how I could even get there at this point. My mother dosed me up on co codamol and by the second dose, I was beginning to feel off... The previous night I'd been up with a bad stomach and the tablets just made me feel super drowsy, slow and heavy. I went to bed in preparation of the interview, but woke up in the night. I was sick but felt better after the fact, and went back to sleep with no problems. I thought that was the end of that. Hell no.
On the bus first thing in the morning it was too warm. The heating was on full blast, the windows were shut, all of the teenage lads stank of Lynx deodorant and I felt sick as a dog. My other half told me to hang in there, but eventually I was actually, sick - not on the bus itself mind you. He had to tell the driver to let me off while people giggled at my obvious distress. I should have been sick on them.
It went everywhere. My hair, my shoes, my face, my coat. My other half left me for a second to see if he could find anywhere for me to clean up, and this old lady found me and asked if I was ok. She immediately began to give me tissues and a bag to put them in. When my other half came back she bought me some baby wipes and told me there was a doctors surgery around the corner and go get cleaned up there. Fortunately I already had a change of clothes because I planned to go to a walk in centre about my foot afterwards, so I cleaned my shoes as best as I could and changed to the socks and leggings I had. I'm so thankful to that woman and wished I could have told her thank you while I was composed rather than sobbing from frustration at the whole situation.
I managed to get another shot at the interview process but sadly, didnt get the job. I felt so down about it for some time.
As for my foot? The next day I was told I had tendonitis and I was off my foot for a good week. I hated not being able to do anything, but at the same time it was a sort of blessing because it made me finally stop and I got to play a video game I had wanted to replay for the longest time. I just despised that I couldn't dance, couldn't get the house sorted, and couldn't leave the house.

After that a bunch of us in my family got a cold - the kind that knocks you on your butt, so that took away two weeks of preparation for christmas, which I'd wanted to be organised for and get the house sorted out. Nobody else was going to clean the house and get the decorations down and in order. The last few years had been stressful and things had pre-occupied my family, so I took it upon myself to sort it out personally and people just sort of expect me to keep doing it for them without lifting a finger, but they will gladly harp on about what actually needs to be done or cleaning up their own messes.

After that came the doozy. There was a rumour going around the house saying I'd punched my other half in the face during an argument - which I have to say right here and now was completely false and I dont know where it started. I was incredibly disappointed that members of my family approached me telling me not to do it again, instead of asking if it had even happened in the first place. I couldn't face anyone so I stayed in my room for days, gradually becoming more depressed. Eventually I went downstairs to play a video game because I was beginning to feel stir crazy and needed to look at something other than the four walls of my room. My dad came in and actually acted reasonably towards me, saying he never believed it and that none of it added up in the first place. I just really wished that he'd stood in my corner to begin with and that I hadn't had to have gone through that in isolation, believing it was utterly pointless because people would just believe what they want, despite myself or my partner debunking the rumours. He's told me to just carry on as normal but I just don't know how. I've completely lost my composure over it and actually got very angry when accused - which probably damned me more at the time.

Right now everything just feels tense, people are avoiding each other. I haven't been apologised to for the mix up and its unlikely I ever will. People just want somewhere the place the blame. If it was anybody else getting into a spat, it would have been over and done with within a day - but this has been carrying on for over a week now and I'm scared about how it's going to impact christmas and have this one ruined too.

Sorry for the ramble and wall of text, I just needed to get this out somewhere.
Angel Tear is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2017, 01:25 PM   #10302
Jacky_theNerd
Cranky Costumer Hobbyist

Dang old love, man. Dang old, girls and girl troubles. There ain't enough episodes of King of the Hill and not enough coffee in the world to do with this. Short versions over with. Long version begins now.

A while back, one of my friends and I tried dating again. She made a few hospital visits (ain't chronic illnesses fun, kids?) and we talked sporadically until about March. I haven't heard from her in nine months, and I try sending her a message once or twice week just to see if she's ok. I feel like some crazy creep, and I'm acting like one. And any time I even so much as think about calling it quits and trying to move on, I get sick to my stomach. It feels like I'm cheating on her or something. So, now I'm feeling all of this confused anger, and disappointment, and I'm acting like a crazy person and I know I am, and Joan Jett's music and Dr. Nerdlove's articles aren't helping anymore. Several of my friends, my lady friends included, have told me to just buck up and stop talking to her and move on, and I know they're right, but I'm so conflicted because this girl I've known for so long has had so many people up and leave her.

I'm 25 years old, and the hardest thing I've ever done is deal with my stupid feelings for this girl. She's one of my best friends and I miss her, and talking about this doesn't help and I just wanna sink into a puddle of goop to disappear.

Ya'll feel free to hurl whatever advice or insults or other stuff you see fit. I need the sense talk into me. And if you all want to visit some caves, let me know. I'll buy you a plane ticket, pick you up, and we'll go to Mammoth Cave after you kick my ass a few times for me.

Jacky the Nerd's Blog (WordPress) All of my main content goes here.
Facebook Probably the easiest way to follow me.
Tumblr
Jacky_theNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2017, 10:42 AM   #10303
SeeU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacky_theNerd View Post
Dang old love, man. Dang old, girls and girl troubles. There ain't enough episodes of King of the Hill and not enough coffee in the world to do with this. Short versions over with. Long version begins now.

A while back, one of my friends and I tried dating again. She made a few hospital visits (ain't chronic illnesses fun, kids?) and we talked sporadically until about March. I haven't heard from her in nine months, and I try sending her a message once or twice week just to see if she's ok. I feel like some crazy creep, and I'm acting like one. And any time I even so much as think about calling it quits and trying to move on, I get sick to my stomach. It feels like I'm cheating on her or something. So, now I'm feeling all of this confused anger, and disappointment, and I'm acting like a crazy person and I know I am, and Joan Jett's music and Dr. Nerdlove's articles aren't helping anymore. Several of my friends, my lady friends included, have told me to just buck up and stop talking to her and move on, and I know they're right, but I'm so conflicted because this girl I've known for so long has had so many people up and leave her.

I'm 25 years old, and the hardest thing I've ever done is deal with my stupid feelings for this girl. She's one of my best friends and I miss her, and talking about this doesn't help and I just wanna sink into a puddle of goop to disappear.

Ya'll feel free to hurl whatever advice or insults or other stuff you see fit. I need the sense talk into me. And if you all want to visit some caves, let me know. I'll buy you a plane ticket, pick you up, and we'll go to Mammoth Cave after you kick my ass a few times for me.
Maybe they up and leave her for a reason? Delete her info and let her be alone if that is how she wants to be. If she wanted anything to do with you she would respond. Maybe she will come around later and try to talk to you but you putting so much energy into this is just hurting you.
SeeU is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2017, 11:23 AM   #10304
SeeU

I'm actually very upset right now. My friend cosplayed as Junko recently (i'll link a pic of the character below) and she got a few comments that were not horrible but not the greatest. Here are two of the comments- "This looks great and everything is on point but remember to get the right size pantyhose next time. Yours is to small for your body type" "You should remake the jacket because it looks a bit small otherwise a great cosplay" So nothing very bad but she took it horrible. I went to her house after school and she was really upset. It is not the first time cosplaying for her or getting some negative comments. she asked me if she needed to go on a diet. I told her to go to her doc and then see the nutritionist if she wanted to get rid of weight. (i'm not a doc so I am not telling anyone to go on a diet or what to eat)

Going forward 3 weeks later she has been on a diet from the nutritionist for 5 days and working out 2 days a week. We went to eat a few days ago and she said "I feel so skinny already, don't I look skinny?" I said "I don't think anyone can be skinny in 5 days but I'm glad you are feeling good about your body". She didn't say anything and seemed to be in a bad mood the entire time we ate. I tried not to think anything of it and let it be.

Yesterday she came to my house and everything was going great. My mom called us both to the kitchen for a snack before dinner. (this is just how we do things in my home. about 2 hours before dinner or lunch we eat a snack like oranges, banana or a small bit of porridge when it's cold) My mom was trying to be considerate and asked if there was anything she couldn't have because of the diet and my friend said she could eat what she liked but in small portions. My mom found this odd and so did I but I'm not the one on the diet. My mom handed me a sliced orange and my friend apple slices. We went back to my room and things were odd again. So I asked what was wrong and she said "Does your mom really think this is a snack? Why can't I have chips?" this is not the first time she has been to my home for dinner either. So I just said "We don't have chips and this is better for us. we need these for our body". She exploded and said "I knew you thought I was fat and so does your mom! we all can't be like you or your mom with a skinny body bitch" and left my home.

I have thought about it all night and talked it over with my mom. We both came to the agreement that she is not welcome in the home anymore and if she wants to apologize she can come to us. My father is in another town working and my mom explained what happened. He is very upset as well at the treatment we got. He can't be with us until the weekend so he sent us flowers to say sorry for not being there for his family. It made us cry because he is working so hard. I'm still in shock though about my friend. I think maybe she needs to talk with a specialist.

Junko
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/...20170331094047

Last edited by SeeU : 12-14-2017 at 11:25 AM.
SeeU is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2017, 03:08 PM   #10305
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

^ Yeah, she sounds like one of many women who is too obsessive over her weight/looks not for her own happiness and health, but to make others like her. It's pretty alarming that she would act like that and she should see a doctor or therapist because that's always the first step to disordered eating and other problems. I'm glad you actually said for her to see a professional- far too many people go on horribly dangerous fad diets because "I need to be skinny and it said you'll get skinny this way". No doctor OR personal trainer will ever tell you to go on a diet of lettuce and coke zero or that you need to be "skinny".
(And I couldn't even see the "You're fat!" part of those two comments. You can be ANY size and have your jacket too small. It shows as bad as it being too big and it never looks good on anybody. Likewise, pantyhose also need to be the right size too or they WILL make you look awful, like a squeezed-out sausage casing if too small and like you have saggy old-people skin if too big, in addition to feeling like sheer hell.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moofingham View Post
There's a vibe here that says "We're in this together!Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way."<3

Last edited by ShinobiXikyu : 12-14-2017 at 03:11 PM.
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote